1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

The Narae/Narin 43/44cm FAQS

Jan 28, 2007

1. can anyone post a list of places to buy shoes for Narae. I mean like heels and such. Not boots.

TIA

Hermionegranger

2. Hermoinegranger:
      Big clothes/shoes thread for Narae and Narin.
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32286

yiesha -
      Re Doc clothes - Dunno. probably depends on the item and whether it will look ok loose on Narae. And slacks won;t work - Narae's legs are longer.

The immature girls are shaped nothing like Narae:
      picture: http://denofangels.com/measurements/dod/dodgirl.jpg
      cm list: http://denofangels.com/mdod.html
      The new mature body (like Petsha):
      Chest and hips larger than Narae, waist a bit smaller, legs shorter
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1689894&postcount=2
      Narae measurements (far right):
      http://www.dollfair.com/gallery6.htm

poprox -
      Narae boys are named Narin and they have a variety of faceplates (partially closed eyes 1/3 and 2/3, Dragonfly, Heartbreak, Open Eye, Classic). I really don't remember ever seeing a Narae head on a Narin though (only the opposite which makes sort of an older looking girl).

Narin Database:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54914

Also search the Narae Discussion thread for Narae (go to thread, then select Search This Thread in upper left, but no far upper left which is Search Forum)

Carolyn

3. This is super helpful, especially knowing that you can swap out the heads on the smaller Naraes and Narins, which I was wondering (I think, though I'm not sure, you can actually order them that way? At least, Classic Narin is a drop-down option if you order a Narae doll, which made me happy because I was already considering it).

Thanks for all the links!!

4. You have to talk to Dollyholic about doing a special head/body combination. I know it is possibe to order a Narae with a Narin head, but I am not sure how/where that would be specified. Ask member Dollyholic.

Carolyn

5. A bit more info:

Narin has not been selling via their web site since last June, so Dollfair is their sales site.

Regarding the UV additive: UV damage means damage from UV rays of the sun. Resin can also be damaged by heat and other kinds of environmental actions such as oxidation. We advise you protect your dolls as usual from sun and heat. So for instance, if you put your doll in a sunny window she might still yellow from the heat of the sun.

6. For the curious, and old tan body with a new golden beige faceplate.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

7. I have a Narin Dragonfly head on a 43 narae body.
      That's my girl that Stella Maris painted above.

Ive been calling her new girl or NG because I don't have a name yet. I should call her Angie or Angelina (NG/Angie lol, sad yes)

8. You can swap the 43cm heads back and forth, but not the 60cm heads. The widths don't work, and there will be some gapping or unattractive bits sticking out.

Lots of people order a girl head and boy body, or boy head on a girl body with the 43cm dolls. We have it so you can make any kind of 43cm combination right on the web site when you order.

If you're going to use a mixed sex head and body, then you can also put it in your facepainting instructions that you want your Narin head painted like a girl.. or your Narae face painted more like a boy. In fact, on the new Narin Team page there is a girl facepainting using a Narin boy faceplate. Hey, it's nearly 2008. :D

Catrina

9. Catrina, so the Golden Beige now is the same as the Old Tanning?

10. Try some Tyler Matt clothes. I have seen Narin in a Matt suit, and Narae in a great Matt winter jacket.

Also Softly She Walks sells Narin clothes at Dollfair (though the female clothes are now sold through her own website).

and check out the Narae Narin Clothes thread:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32286

Carolyn

11. It isn't the same, but today after seeing the "new tan" color I can say with confidence if you have an old tan and wanted to purchase a new faceplate the golden beige would be a better choice, the difference is acceptable, as you can see with New Girl on Zamora's body. That said resin colors vary from batch to batch, I'm having a hard time matching a BW LuWen head. And it's not like he's "old"

Denali Wind thank you so much for your help!

12. Thanks Stella! :D

Also one more question, is there any news that the Old Tanning will become available again? The New Tanning is a bit grayer than the Old Tanning. I read somewhere (I think in the Discussion for Naraes) that Catrina is trying to get that fixed.

13. You know I saw one of those "New Tan" girls and she wasn't grey at all, she was just lovely. I went to a meetup today in case you were wondering!

14. Quick Question Guys - Does anyone know if you can put a Narin Faceplate on a Unoa Boy Body? How would the resin match be? Would it fit right?
      Thanks.

15. Unoa and Narae faceplates do not fit each other except taped on, as far as I know. Not sure about resin match either. There is a thread somewhere where someone taped a Unoa face on a Narae - maybe you could find that. Try a titles search of Minis discussion for: Unoa Narae

Carolyn

16. I think the pinky white Narin matches pretty well with the Unoa (better if it has yellowed a bit, I think). Yes, Carolyn is correct. They only fit if you tape them on which isn't a bad option if you don't mind a fit that isn't exact.

17. And Oracle12 - do you know that you can only buy complete heads for Narin? Narin/Narae faceplates are not sold separately.

Carolyn

18. I saw the same new tanning gal as Stella Maris. She wasn't grey at all. She was a lovely colour. And not so very different than the original. *shrug*

19. I really like these dolls but how bad is the yellowing for the pinky white? I want to enjoy the doll/ take her out side and not keep her stuck at home. Also would the yellowing rate be different for a golden beige doll?

20. Just my opinion...

I don't think you'll be able to find an answer about the yellowing rate of the current Narae French resin with the UV additive. I think the UV additive was just added in mid 2007?

I know that with the previous French resin the yellowing could be very noticeable and uneven for people who did photoshoots outside (look for posts by Denaliwind containing yellow*). And artificial light and heat can also cause yellowing. The parts of the body hidden by clothing the most will yellow the least.

The color that either yellows least or hides it best has traditionally been tanning, but I don't think the new shade of tan has really been around long enough to see yellowing, especially since most people keep their French resins indoor and out of bright light.

I don't think golden beige would be a good choice for a doll that will go outdoors - the golden beige is already yellowish. But again, I have no information on golden beige with the UV additive + sun.

I'm sure Dollyholic will have a better answer.

Carolyn