1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

The Narae/Narin 43/44cm FAQS

Jan 28, 2007

1. MSD outfits from Dollmore won't fit my Narae. They're too big. You should look at the outfits for Narsha, but Dollmore haven't got much there. :(

2. Ok thank so much! I'll take a look at Narsha clothing and I should have asked about the shoes also :doh

3. Anyone have any idea if the DOC wigs from DOD fit Narae? I've heard that wigs from DOD tend to run a bit big, but I'm not sure.

4. Maria tries on a Lolita dress. Got this as a present from a seller a while ago.
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are more pics.

5. LUV her in that dress, Butterfly mold is sooo cute!

6. ^ She looks so pretty in the lolita dress!

Ok another wig question. I found the most perfect wig for my Narae that will fit her character well. It is from dollmore size 7 exactly and fits their Narsha dolls.
      So I'm wondering if this will be too big or just right with the use of velcro or a silicon wig cap (which I plan on ordering some time this week)?
      Thanks~

7. It could work Osaki, I have mainly 6-6.5 inch wigs for mine, but she also regulary wears the Zaoll default wig, which, with some velcro, stays on fine. So I'd say a Narsha wig is slightly too big, but with velcro you should do alright. It's a bit trial and error with finding out what fits these lovelies *_*

Oh about shoes, I just got the cutest boots from Leekeworld <3 Ordered them in june =.= but the grouporder thing went a bit slow and I just got them a few weeks ago, and they fit perfectly. So I'm afraid Kahlen will get many more Leeke shoes..XD

8. Thanks Raouken!
      And congrats on the shoes :)

9. I thought this Narae faceplate comparison photo might be useful for this thread:

[​IMG]

10. stormgurl- Thanks for posting this, now I have a idea on how my Narae will look with her Classic face off and her new Dreamer face on.

11. Derilan 85 - No problem! I think it's useful to see the faces like this without faceups to really see how they differ. I wish I had more to show you!

12. I just have to share a photo of my Narae Willow, recently back from getting an amazing "Candygears" faceup!!!
      [​IMG]

13. wow, stormgurl, her face-up is so gorgeous! What face plate does she have? I'm guessing the 2/3 one, but is it the Dreamer face? I'm dying to see more of those!

14. Hi Tuvie, thank you for your compliment! I'm so happy with how she turned out!! This is the new Dreamer faceplate, it's so elegant! I'm going to post more pics today in the gallery so please take a look!

15. Lovely girl you have there, can't wait to see more of her!!

16. Could someone tell me how to remove the faceplate from my Narae. I need to straighten one of her eyes and I assumed the faceplate would just unclip but it seems very firmly fixed. I'm scare stiff of damaging her faceup or the resin. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

OK I should have read further up LOL! Thanks for the tip Janet, it worked perfectly first time!

17. I haven't been here for a long time and finally took my dolls out of their boxes! I want to get back to story te;;ing (Izzy and Jack) and am thinking of buying another Narae but I wanted to see if they are still selling urethane dolls. It gives you that option on Dollfair. Is there a thread for discussing the pros and cons of the urethane vrs the french resin. My poor Izzy has yellowed (I still love her! We all get older..lol)

Judy

18. I'd also like to know more about urethane vs. french resin. Are there any comparison photos?

Along this same line, I've also been wondering if there is a thread about what can be done for "yellowed" french resin. I recently acquired a 2004 Narae (my first BJD) and she has yellowed evenly all over, even in places where sunlight would not have reached. I'm at least her 3rd owner and she has never been "blushed".

Before I think about the possibility of blushing/faceup or a "new" Narae, I'd like to know more. I just love her face, so I'm going to keep her as she is for a while...

Thanks!
      Tina

19. The subject of yellowing is a big one - there's been much discussion about it. If you do a search in the forum in general for Yellowing Resin, you'll come up with a couple threads that are loooong. In general, though, resin yellows all the way through a doll, not just on the surface. You can try cleaning the surface and if it hasn't gone all the way through it might look lighter for awhile. But frankly, all resin yellows and to change it you'd need to do some serious chemical treatments. And the resin could yellow again. I've seen a nice large Narae coated with many layers of pastel powder, with sprays of MSC in between, until there was a hard surface. It was a beautiful pearly-pinky-white color. But the person said it was a labor-intensive job, and I don't know of anyone else who has tried it.

For myself, my Narae from 2005 has yellowed to a buttermilk color and I'm keeping her as she is, because I love her faceup and can't bring myself to have it changed. My newer Narae, who has the tanning skintone, has lost her "pinkness", which I loved, but she still looks nice. She is starting to have a somewhat golden-tan look, though, as does my tanning skintoned Narin from 2005. I'm accepting how they look because the color is straight through the resin, and I know that simply treating the surface isn't going to help. So I love them as they are. It's a decision that each Narae/Narin with french resin has to make when the yellowing starts - to treat with chemical, sand and seal, or cover with coats of paint/pastel - or to let them be as they are.

This may not have been a lot of help, but just knowing that there's a whole lot of people out there with similarly yellowing dolls may help! :>)

20. I think it's important to point out that there are many of us who do not consider our yellowed dolls ugly or ruined. I love the colors that my FRs have mellowed to. Yellow does not mean ugly, you just have to decide what you like.