1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

The new sato exclusives ! (pics)

Oct 23, 2005

1. To be honest, I can't really make out what they look like... I'll need to see better photos.

2. With those new pictures, F28 totally is Isao and Link's lovechild..also now seeing them with a few different face ups, they already look completely different. I remember when I first saw Heath I thought he was terribly boring, then when I saw owner pictures I immediately fell in love. Volks just seems to have a bad time choosing good make up :oops:

3. Oh now I see the new pictures I have changed my mind already!

The one I liked least F27 I like most! looks much better as a boy!

Especially in this picture, the mold looks Raphael like and a bit of a liz influence there. Beautiful face on the left!

The one I thought looked like Madoka doesn't! and I don't like the mold much now I see it closer.

And F25 looks allot like F14!

*** I don't see the two MSD's is there a different page to see them?

[​IMG]

http://denofangels.com/nf27b.jpg

4. Those new pics are much better, they're a lot clearer. But the only ones that really pop out at me are the F-26 and F-27.

Now that I see it better the F-26 is very...allruing, I guess you could say, and the small lips have me very interested. I'm not fond of either face-up, but it definitely has some potential. What I really wanna see is a photo of it without bangs. Bangs always seem to change a dolls face drastically, at least to me.

The F-27 just baffles me. I thought it looked really good in the first picture (or original photo I guess) but the new photos are...I dunno what to think of it. It has potential as well, but it looks more like a boy head in these new pics. Maybe it's due to the short face.

But overall they're all fairly interesting sculpts and I'm pleased with them. :grin:

5. Whoa...now that I look at the pic on the left, it sort of looks Anais/Phyllis influenced. Or maybe I'm just insane. :?

BTW, here's the MSD page. http://denofangels.com/newmsdheads.html Thew new MSDs don't really appeal to me much, the F-16 I find very...odd.

6. Aha, Aimee has more pictures!
      SD F 26: Madoka + Yori. It looks good as a boy. Open those up a bit and we're set!
      SD F 25 still looks like a child to me. O__o;;
      SD F 28 looks soooo funny in pigtails. XDDDD
      MSD F16. Oh poor dear, why are your eyelids so puffy? @__@
      MSD F 17 not bad as a girl at all! O__O!!
      MSD F 15. I need more photos.

Hey, any of you ever get the feeling Volks people check these boards? Like, watch our reactions? I just got a weird feeling. XDDD

7. OH the F16 and the F15 have Yo-SD lower faces chins and lips and face shape.

F16 is not as cute as I hoped! the eyes are very droopy and heavy lidded! poor girl has been crying all day :( I was hoping she would be thoughtful looking rather than sad.

http://denofangels.com/nmsdf16.jpg

I guess I have to pass on the MSD. So glad Toppi came out!
      F25 would have made a wonderful MSD :roll:

Well if volks doesn't they should! fix the eyelids of F16 Volks.

8. I love MSD f16!!! I'd change the top of her lids so she just looks sad, not sad and sleepy.

I think I've fallen in LOVE with http://denofangels.com/nf27b.jpg

the first pic in those two. I'll definitely have to pick one up! :D They do have a unique eye, like Anais/phyllis!

Anf F28 is so much link Link it blows my mind. They could be twins!

I'm not sure I'm as fond of 25 and 26 by what I see of these pictures, I need to see some owner ones and I'll fall in love. (^_^)

(T__T) I sure hope Volks doesn't read DoA, they'd of read the comments of people saying some were ugly...

9. Wow. F-27. . .

I was wavering. Now I'm not.

10. eh the're not doing much for me, I kind of like the F26 and F27 though as boys. I wish they were msd size though, they would make cute mini's.

~Meg

11. MSD F17 looks like a little baby Jun Tachibana in the photos Aimee's got posted to her site. I really like her.

I'm not passing judgement on these until more pictures start to go around.

12. I think that all the new heads are lovely and have great potential, but unfortunately, so far none of them really fit with the dolls I have in mind for the future -- which might be a good thing. However, I can't wait to see more owner's pics -- my mind is far to easily changed!

I'm still wondering if it will be possible after the store opens in LA to order a Sato doll in person and have it shipped to LA for shipping or pick-up. I believe that they will ship Sato dolls to the other Sumika as long as they are ordered in person. *fingers crossed*

13. nobahdee wrote:
      How funny! I was thinking the opposite! To me the F28 looks like he has Isao's mouth and Link's eyes!! LOL!!

I like him no matter what, though. **sigh** I gotta start playin' that lottery.

Linda S.
      galatia9

14. Oh whoa. In the promo photo #27 reminds me of Britney Spears in younger sd form :oops: and that could totally be the faceup talking. Still a cutie though.

For whatever reason, I love sd#25. :daisy Must be the young, wide-eyed cuteness he already gives off. He feels like an msd to me though if that makes sense. (seems the more mature SD's are becoming common these days. 'tis a nice turn for the chill'ns. *love*)

Those are the two main ones that stick in my mind but it's hard to say untill people get them and owner photos start wandering to the surface. :grin:

15. ...Maybe I'm just insane, but I've got Lukas with me at work and I was looking between the F-28 and him, and... I can't really identify the differences? O_o F-28 is like... Slightly squintier, maybe, but it could be the faceups. O_o; But the lips, nose, eyes all seem to look pretty much alike. O_o; (I honestly don't see much Isao in F-28 at all, just Link, but then again I haven't sat down and looked at Ephram and prodded his head into the different angles like I just did with Lukas.

(Which may be part of my 'blah' with F-28, it looks so much like what I already own. :lol: )

...Which inspires me to make a thread in Larger Dolls because there's something bugging me with Lukas that I want to ask Link owners about. >_>;

16. I think the F28 pictures on Aimee's site ARE Link. At least one of them. The pictures don't look like the same head to me in all of them.

17. The middle one at least is marked F-28 on his tag, though, and he looks like Lukas. (His lips might be throwing people off, they're actually fully painted, and I've noticed that Volks tends not to paint all of Link's lips(Neither Lukas nor any un-repainted standard Link I've seen have painted upper lips)

18. I've been through them again, that's a sunlight F24. I stand by my opinion! The bottom boy with the buns is an F28, I'm swearing the upper two sunlight boys are both F24s.

19. MSD F16 is quite expressive. Even though she's not one I would ever buy, I love seeing that in the doll, rather than a neutral expression. She's the type of doll that gives you ideas. :) The other ones look a little too generic for my tastes. ^.^ I do like the trend of Volks to sculpt more well-defined noses (thank God) and mouths.

20. The one with the little tag on him that says F-28? O_o I doubt Volks doesn't know their own headmolds... ^_^;;; I know, they do all look like F-24, that's what I was commenting on. XD; *pets Lukas*