1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

The Sleeping Elf [tinybear]

Jan 29, 2011

1. The Sleeping Elf
      * What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * How was the communication?
      * How easy was it to pay?
      * How long did it take to ship?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      * Would you order from this company again?
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?

PLEASE STICK TO THE FACTS!

2. * What did you order?
      2 Pukifee sized Tibetan wool wigs

* When did you order?
      About January 24th

Practically non-existant, I got a Paypal invoice and that was all, nothing to say my payment was recieved or that the order had been shipped.

Paypal, very easy.

I'm not sure how long since I didn't get a shipping notice, but I recieved the wigs within 1-2 weeks of ordering.

A little pricey, but the wigs are high quality.

Because the lamb wool is natural, it can't be guaranteed to, but they look the way I wanted them to!

Yes, theyre very soft and the colours are lovely, although the wool is a bit matted on one and the wigs do need to be stretched to fit.

N/A

To be honest, I don't think so. They're beautiful wigs but the shipping is incredibley expensive considering they just come in an envelope and I don't live terribly far away, it's not worth it unless you're buying in bulk.

Yes, they're lovely wigs.

3. What did you order?
      I requested: "7-8 (elfdoll rainy girl) colour: Green. As close to an avocado green as I can get, would also be awesome if it were darker at the tips. other: I'd like as much length as you can do without addin extensions in."
      When did you order?
      January 17, 2011
      How was the communication?
      A little less than I'd like. I prefer a confirmation and ship notice, but all I've ever gotten ordering from Tinybear is a paypal invoice (this time she did comment on my order in the "Notes" of the invoice, so that was nice). In the past if I contact her she has responded within a reasonable amount of time (w/r/t time zones). But I know not to expect much, and I keep an eye on her blog to see when she posts about shipping orders out.
      How easy was it to pay?
      Easy peasy. I received a paypal invoice the same night I sent the order (woke up to it) and paid it Jan 25.
      How long did it take to ship?
      She shipped on May 20, so about four months.
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      The wig is beautiful! Cost was $36 including shipping.
      Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      N/A - This was a custom request, no sales photos were involved other than examples of her past work on flickr
      Were you satisfied with the product?
      Her wigs are always very well made and only tinybear wigs get that 'mohair flair' right. Her mohair is purchased directly from a source local to her, and the entire animal is used so I feel all right ordering a product made from animal hide.
      If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      Am satisfied this time. In the past she has had to re-create a wig when the first was lost in shipping. She was more than willing to do so, and she insures everything she ships.
      Would you order from this company again?
      I would. This is my third made-to-order purchase with Tinybear.
      Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      I prefer to buy her wigs second hand just to speed things up a bit. This case was special because I wanted a specific color.

I feel I should note that Tinybear has lost her husband to his battle with health problems. Despite this she is still finishing up and shipping orders. From what I understand she stopped taking new orders when his health took its hard turn for the worst. She mentioned on her blog that she will do what she can but I can only imagine how heartbreaking her situation is and how difficult it must be. My heart goes out to her. Apologies if that's too subjective for this thread but anyone looking into her services ought to know what it is that's affecting their wait times.

4. * What did you order?
      I had four wigs commissioned.

* When did you order?
      I ordered February 1st.

Well, if I emailed to ask questions, I'd get a reply. But there was no voluntary information sent from her end.

Very easy.

Too long, to be honest. It was a month from time of order to time of shipment, due to various delays on her end, even after wigs were finished. I emailed several times to ask what was going on, if the wigs were finished or shipped yet, ect.

Yes, the quality is excellent. They're very beautiful wigs. I'm very happy with them.

The wigs won't look exactly the same as in the pictures because they're natural mohair, so differences are normal.

Yes, very satisfied. The quality is excellent.

N/A

Honestly, I'm not sure. Probably not for awhile, at least until some issues on her end are more settled. I felt some of the delays were unnecessary due to personal problems interfering with the running of the business. It could have been handled a bit more professionally (finding a stable balance between them, as much possible).

Oh, definitely. The wigs really are gorgeous and very well-made.

5. * What did you order?
      2 mohair wigs

* When did you order?
      At the end of September 2011

Adequate but not good

Easy, by Paypal

Three months. I was originally told it would take 3 weeks.

One of the wigs turned out nice. One did not.

Again, one was nice, one was not.

No, not with the subpar wig at all. The mohair it was made with what thin and patchy and there's a large bald spot at the top. The dye job was also badly done. I've ordered a custom dyed wig from tinybear before without issue; it came back and it was beautifully dyed and top notch quality. This definitely is not up to what I've come to expect from tinybear.

She's giving me a refund for the subpar wig.

No. Three months for a wig is WAY too long.

Yes, if the quality was higher than the wig I received.

I'd like to note that I do know Carrie is going through a tough time right now. I hope she can get herself and her business on the track it used to be on because her wigs really were unequaled, they were the best mohair wigs you could buy.

6. * What did you order?
      Bracken (small size)

* When did you order?
      Sept. 7, 2012

No auto-responses after order; I contacted by email and the communication was OK.

Easy-- Paypal

Arrived Dec. 7, 2012. Doll was a pre-order and had to be made... (website was not up-to-date, but that's OK)

OK.

Yes--very much!

Yes. I have ordered from Sleeping Elf before, so I knew what to expect.

n/a

Yes.

Yes. I have before!

:D :D :D

Tags: