1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Tiny Doll Faceups

Jan 18, 2017

1. Curious on whats everyones opinion tiny dolls with colorful faceups and tiny dolls with natural faceups. :) If you have a tiny with either can you post them below with what kind of sculpt they are :)! THANKS !

2. I love detailed faceups on tiny dolls! I have a bardo research peme coming soon who I plan to attempt giving a hyper realistic face to when she arrives. I think she might be off topic though. Its definitely hard but it's doable from whay I've seen. :)

3. I have a few tiny dolls and they all have natural face ups. But natural style is my personal preference and default for all of my dolls. I think it gets tricky with dolls that small - and I'm talking about dolls that would take a 3 or 4 size wig. I have several Bardo girls, a Rosen Garden Fleur (Hana) and a Lumedoll Koit Elf. All have faces about the size of a thumb and no bigger than a US quarter. :kitty1

4. I prefer more natural make up. Because they often look so small and graceful.

But I've also seen good colorful faceup. It really depends on the characters. And whether the artist can paint / draw so fine.

Dollzone Iris / 9cm head / 3-4wig
      [​IMG]Bella new dress by Estella Dream

Here is a picture of her from Raquel Clemente Flickr. She did her faceup.
      [​IMG]Finished faceup, wings and bodyblush by Raquel Clemente

5. OH! I'd love to see that :) when you get the doll with a faceup (or even get the doll) can you post it here :)?

6. Currently gettting my Merrydollround Mousse and being that her face is also the size of a quarter aswell :( , If possible can you post one of your dolls below :)? or link me your flickr <3 I'd love to see your dolls. :D

7. Oh my gosh she's so beautiful <3 i love her eyes and her eyebrows <3 such an elegant babe <3

8. Mousse is a cutie!!! My Flickr is linked in my signature but once I get to a computer later- I'll add a link in this post.

@SenorDoritos
      The Muse: She's a Little Naughty Here's a link to one of my smallest. Her face is about the size of a thumbnail.

#8 mdonline03, Jan 18, 2017
      Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
    9. I dont know if I can post her here because of the painted eyes thing, but I'll definitely try to remember to prod you and send you a link to her face in pm or so. :)

10. I know right :)! She is so sweet, and thanks so much I'd appreciate it

11. Awesome :)! And I totally understand, I'd be so interested to see how it all comes out :) :D

12. I think both natural and colorful work well! Here is my pukipuki dreaming lily who has a pink and purple eyeshadow:
      [​IMG]Cute little grump by Tineke, on Flickr
      This one is technically an msd, but since their heads are closer in proportion to reality, their heads are quite small. I'll just link this one since it isn't quite a tiny, but it is only a little larger that pukipuki. It's a Fairyland Chicline Nanuri 2013. His is natural and more realistic.

13. Love your beautiful face ups redmaiko!

14. Thank you, Jonlyn!:blush

#15 redmaiko, Jan 20, 2017
      Last edited: Jan 20, 2017