1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

TinyBear 10inch Moona/Mina and Bracken discussion part 1

Jun 25, 2008

1. This photo of Whisper is so pretty.. I love her blush , everything about her is awesome. That's a lilac resin? I'm loving it!

2. Moon lightning -- Lief is a beauty -- love her outfit so much!

3. Yes hun she's the lilac resin, its such a lovely soft shade more cloud grey than lilac. :)

4. It is funny, I was thinking of selling my Twig, but after I tried to i've her a gothic face up she almost looks Slavic and Snowwhitey. So I made a Snowwhitey and Slavic dress, and I just cannot sell her. She is such a pretty sculpt. The only thing I dislike about her is the body. But that is because she is such a twig that she cannot hold a pose, even when I restrung her and hotglue sued her.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Ooh Twig looks totally different! I think the darker look suits her better and seems to give her an inner strength.

6. Twig is fab xx ..try pushing 3 pipe cleaners up from the ankle ..straight inside the torso ..I find this works wonders
      [​IMG][​IMG]

when I did this I only used 2 ..but I find normal white pipecleaners ...3 is perfect ..I send all the new dolls out with them done

I always knew the Moona /bracken sculpt would be problematic because of the big head and skinny limbs ..but this has really helps

the Sika and Fallow dont have that problem ..although its the same body ..the head is much smaller ..so much better balanced
      [​IMG] and much more naturally proportioned

7. Really? Three pipecleaners? I can barely put the one back in when I was done re-wireing her and hot glueing in an attempt to make her stand on her own. :sweat

I think the problem is partly the big head. The other is the twiggy body. The three parts of the body are not interlinking enough, which causes her butt to disconnect from the rest. It makes the rest unstable. (It might just be only my doll that has that problem.) Also I probably need to buy some small s hooks. Re-wireing her was terrible without the hooks. :sigh ouchies...

Still the head is amazing. I got some glass eyes from Captured in Glass and they are like WOW! :D I'll hope to take some pictures soon.

Also, I love the coco head/moona body mix. It is fab! Coco is just so pretty and serene.

8. it is ..
      I cant say design fault ..caus I designed her to be like it LOL ..But larger head on a skinny body and the weight of it ..you have a few problems ...but I was heavily influenced by Mark Ryden ..and the Froud drawings ..big heads >..on skinny thin bodies
      so I knew if I wanted a body styled that way thats what happens

but the 3 pipecleaners helps the crazy torso thing ( Dollshe boys had the same problem too ..and the Bobobie bigger dolls )
      you can add tabs in with the sculpt ..like Unoa ..but they arnt as flexible then ..again its a personal thing ..I hate stiff dolls )

and I got to admit ..the flexibility appeals to me

CAPTURED IN GLASS ! Love them ..my favourite eyes of all time ....I buy them all of the time now for my tinys

9. I did the pipe cleaner thing with all of the Tinybear elves that hang out here, it works great. I have no problem with my bobble head gals!
      I also love the bendy thing, flexible is what you would call it if you spoke English lolz.
      TB, you should try Ginarolos eyes as well, I have the Captured in Glass and they are quite nice, but Gina's eyes are very high quality and the difference is apparent especially in the smaller sizes. They have more depth, so they seem to "follow" just the way the acrylics that you sent with some of mine do, and they have that added clarity of glass.

10. I just bought one of the large Moonas used. Thanks so much for the great pics and the pipe cleaner tip! Now I know when she gets here just what to do!

11. Congratulations plastic_princess on your new Moona! Moona is such fun in this size! Looking forward to seeing some pictures when she arrives.

12. Carrie, thanks for those wiring photos! I didn't realize that the technique was to use a full-length pipecleaner and start at the ankle joint. Did that last night to my Moona -- even with only one pipecleaner in a leg, she is now looking MUCH better. I also put a small section of pipecleaner through her shoulders and the top of each arm, to keep her arms from snapping to her sides.

It's funny, my large Bracken has always posed better than Moona; Moona has been pretty frustrating for me. But she is MUCh better now, so thank you!!!

13. At last, I can chime in here -- I've been lurking (and learning a LOT) until my (human) Mina arrived; I just purchased her from another DoA member on the Marketplace. She's already wired (or maybe pipe-cleanered??) and even stands on her own. Such a cutie -- I love the oversized head and wild maroon TinyBear wig, it gives her a really unique look. I'm debating about sewing for her -- I cringe at making Barbie-size clothes and she's even smaller! Picture to come as soon as I get my act together and organize my shots on Flickr.

14. Welcome to the Tinybear club plastic_princess and claywimmin!

The good thing about Large Moona/Mina/Brier-Rose is that they are designed to fit Blythe sized clothing so you have plenty of options if you like fairly modern attire and fashionable stuff.
      There are also seemingly plenty of patterns around for Blythe clothing if you sew.

Floppy dolls have never bothered me to be honest, in fact I find the ragdollish feel very..how can I put it...comforting.
      Awkward posers although frustrating at times again don't bother me much, I bought the doll because I liked it not because it can strike a pose better than Madonna, however I do understand that not everyone feels that way especially if they love taking photos or making photostories.

That reminds me...I think I need to rewire my Large Moona ><

15. OK, I think I have this picture thing figured out! Here's Alba, my human Mina! I bit the bullet and made her an outfit, tweaking an old Skipper pattern to fit her Royal Skinnyness! It wasn't as hard as I thought it might be so I'll be doing more. I love her wig but it was a bit flyaway, so I tried the head band and really like the resu[​IMG]lt.

[​IMG]">

By the way I tried the pipecleaner trick on my Sleetwealth Briar and it makes her arms much more willing to hold a pose. Think I'll try it on some of my other little ones as well.

16. Moona and Bracken spam -- Moona has a new look; she's a jewel fae in the forest. . . .And she is STANDING, thanks to Carrie's pipecleaner tutorial <g>.

[​IMG]

17. ALL THES PICTURES ..wonderful
      Anits S ..love how natural your boy looks

18. I just got my first Sleeping Elf, a large red Bracken, and I'm in love!

[​IMG]

19. I hope the powers that be dont mind me posting sort of sales talk
      but sort of not
      Pete is seriously ill right now ...Im not on line much at all ..at the momment Im all over the place

Things are delayed being made and sent

I had a head come back to me today unclaimed CAROLINE MACANLISS
      if you are out there ..your head came back
      and I know but cant remember who wanted hands

DONT E,MAIL ...my inbox is stuffed and I dont know when I can get to it ..but PM me here with your name and address I will be able to answer you straight away
      this is a terrible difficult time for me ..please bear with me if your waiting to hear from me

20. Carrie, I'm so terribly sorry to hear this. I've been praying on and off all day and even in the night since I read news on your blog yesterday. With all my heart, I hope he beats this thing. I just wish there was more I could say or do to help. With much love and many prayers for you and Pete.
      Valli