1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

TinyBear 10inch Moona/Mina and Bracken discussion part 1

Jun 25, 2008

1. I forgot to post this. She arrived in late June 2011

...and I adore her

Here is Tweddle
      Large Mina in Dark Chocolate

[​IMG]

Face up by me with my final Opalescent Skin tone technique applied :aheartbea

Name History: since the artist is from England I was thinking an English name. Beth Tweddle is considered Britain's most successful gymnast, male or female. She is the first person from Britain to win a world and European championships.

2. Tweddle As Tree: Inspired by Mac, a Blythe with an Apple Head

Model: Tweddle my Sleeping Elf Large Mina in Dark Chocolate

Backstory: Mac is a Custom Blythe with literally an Apple Head who is owned by Gumdrops0000. Mac recently got a new dress who's subsequent photo shoot inspired this outfit

My thought process:
      So I was staring at Mitcham (PlanetDoll Aqua in Tan) and her Reef Dolly stand. Wondering," should I do Mitcham's face up?" But I was also contemplating sewing a dress that looked like Bark; after seeing Mac's new outfit . Then it struck me. Why not just sew Tweddle an Elf of the forest dress. It's Not Bark, but I love how it turned out. Especially since my Blythes can wear it.

[​IMG]

Details:
      Altered Pucchi collective Blythe pattern
      Brown pleather bodice lined with white polkadot cotton
      Rouched sheer polyester collar.
      Skirt is a tan muslin
      I then applied moss
      I also sewed in the hand crafted pink jewelers wire tree
      I used the same fabric from the collar to rouche some flowers.
      Custom cloth buttons for the flower's center.

All hand sewn and hand crafted by me.

3. Ive just realised since the Forum changed Ive got to resubscribe to my threads ..so I have xx

Tweedle is amazing !

http://gb.pinterest.com/sleepingelf/

ive ive started a board on my Pinterest , for dolls clothes patterns , most of them are BLythe , but they fit the larger of my dolls great
      as dose BRatz , and Monster high with a bit of tweeking

im on the look out now for tiny clothes links xx

4. Thanks, tinybear! I've been trying to find the Coco yoga pants pattern, but it eludes me. Do you have it on pinterest too?

5. I've not seen that ... But I will look LOL

6. Crossposting in case someone watches this thread but not the other one . . . :sweat

Huge apologies if I'm just missing this information somewhere! Could someone post two measurements of a large Moona or Fallow, please and thank you? I need the underarm length (from armpit to wrist), and the back length from nape of neck to low waist (the place where the hips curve out)? I've found chest, waist, and hip measurements in the Tinies size charts, and I've found the photo chart with measurements of little Moona, but I really need an inner-arm sleeve length and a back length for the large Moona body.

I just won the ebay auction for the gorgeous light tan Fallow, and I'm doing some advance knitting while she packs up for her transatlantic journey! :aheartbea

7. Congrats! I've just paid off my 3 girls this very morning, Coco, Fallow and Thistledown, with SleepingElf, so I've also been making and collecting clothes for the last few months.

8. Oh good for you, they are lovely dolls.

9. Drive-by posting with a picture of wee Hero, my lovely, lovely Fallow -- we're experimenting with wigs, so this may not be her final look:

[​IMG]

10. She's beautiful, Cynthia!

11. Aw, thank you!! I'm madly in love with her -- I've never really been much of a Tinies person, but Hero is working hard to change my mind. And make me buy a ton of Blythe clothes. :lol:

12. I came across a bag full of what I hope are Blythe clothes, at the thrift store a few weeks back. I hope to try them on my Fallow in the next few weeks. I've been making a few knit and crochet outfits for Thistledown, but she and my pukipuki can share. Coco is the one who may not have much to wear at first, poor girl!

13. I hope those *are* Blythe clothes, because if they are, they should work beautifully for your Fallow! I've been experimenting with my Momoko and Volks WTG clothes on Hero -- the fit isn't bad, most of the time, but the styles just don't seem to suit her. *sigh* Fussy dolls.

Coco would LOVE some knit- and crochetwear of her very own, I'm sure . . .

14. Cynthia, your Fallow is absolutely beautiful. I love this sculpt. Here is my girl wearing my first attempt at sewing a dress in this size

[​IMG]

15. The dress looks very nice, mikki! Love her boots! Did you make them too? And yes, Cynthia, they sure can get fussy over what they want and don't want!

16. Thank you so much El BJD. :aheartbea Her boots are awesome, aren't they! Her first owner made them, such talent I sadly do not have :lol:

17. mikki, that dress is adorable -- I love the sunny colors! And oh, my, those boots are covetable.

I can't help noticing that your girl has settled on the sewing machine . . . you ARE taking the hint, aren't you? :lol: