1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

To buy or not to buy... that is the question?

Jun 4, 2018

1. So many dolly things and so little funds... :(
      How would you describe your doll spendy style / doll spending reasoning? :D

Questions to help get the ball rolling ~
      How do you justify 'what you really want' vs 'what is impulse'?
      How do you organise what is a priority or not (Dolls over outfits over props?)
      Do you have rules set in place to curb spending? (Examples: do you wait a period of time before buying?, do you need to see a review/ alternative pic besides stock image?, do limiteds take priority/give exceptions?, Can only buy [insert item name here] if i have done something/deserved it? Must it be totally different/unique or similar for cohesion in the doll crew? etc)
      What do you think of doll Mystery boxes/ bags: Let luck do its thing or steer clear!?!
      What is your 'deal of the century/I'm so glad I bought this item' and the item you regret the most buying?

And lastly "Would you trade the last doll related item you bought for an equal or less valued item/items on your current priority list?"

*Bonus points of you have an interesting or reasoning tactic/rule :D

2. It depends on the price if it's between 10-30$. I am more impulsive and it depends how much i want something. (Sometimes you know what you want and wait for it to appear on the second hand market)
      Otherwise i often wait that i slept over at least 2-4 nights until i can decide like if there's a pre-order period i'm waiting till 2-3 before it's over to be 100% sure and not impulsive XD
      I nearly pre-ordered a momonita but then i decide the fantasy colours would not be perfect for me - so i wanna wait for longer. But then a sio2 second hand appeared and i bought it very impulsive because it's my grail doll and kind of very limited.
      And now having two dolls i priorising first some Faceup/ Clothes Materials and said to myself i'll finish them first. (But maybe getting a head xD)
      For me it's very important i like the sculpt also without faceup and with a lot of variations of faceups (i stalked instagram and facebook for a loooot of pictures to be sure she will be on my list).

I would never chose a mystery box besides for eyes or sth because i am too picky choosing sth for dolls.

So there are a lot factors. And having a lot ways for me.

3. Anything over $50, I generally think about, and at the very least sleep on it. Sometimes when I wake up I’m more likely to think “ehhhhh, do I really want that?”

However, if I missed out on something and have been thinking about it ever since and it gets rereleased? If I can afford it, I buy it. Still love my Granado Uriel, who I kind of stupidly splurged on when he was rereleased right after I bought another doll

Fortunately I haven’t been tempted at all this year, because all my money is going to medical expenses.

I’m leery about mystery bags, except for eyes. There’s so many styles that I might not care for, or colors I don’t want for clothes.

4. I noticed that my shopping habits, in general, have changed from when I was young in the hobby to where I am now. It's a difference of about 15 years. That said, back in the day, there weren't as many affordable options; there were only so many doll companies, and layaway wasn't really a thing. Sometimes you had to act fast, like in the case of Custom House limited and unique dolls, but oftentimes, unless you had the money, you just saved up for it. There also weren't many deals or specials.

If anything, I've noticed my tastes have changed, too, but I have noticed that I am definitely more deliberate in the dolls I purchase and much choosier. Back in the day, it was a lot easier to resell if a doll didn't meet your expectation: I could list a doll on the Marketplace, get multiple inquiries within hours of posting, and sell the doll for what I paid by the end of the day. Nowadays, there are just so many dolls that are in the Marketplace for literal years... So prior to purchasing, I do as much research as possible: scouring the DoA galleries, Facebook, and Instagram. The thought of reselling many dolls that I don't like or want just stresses me out.

I am not driven by vendor deals although I have been tempted by super low prices compared to how it was when I joined the hobby. Some of the dolls I loved 10 years ago go for so little on the Marketplace now, and I'd love to own them. But space is finite, and I don't want to be overwhelmed with dolls and unwanted doll stuff. Things like lucky bags have zero appeal to me because they're primarily comprised of items that did not sell well that I most likely would've never wanted.

And finally, if I'm bringing someone home, they need to fulfill this primarily requirement: am I inspired to sew or create for them?

If not, it's a hard pass for me. (I don't have a crew or story line for any of my dolls, so they don't need to look good together, etc.) Price is always a consideration, but due to aggressively saving over the past few years when I fell out of the BJD hobby and then into another very expensive doll hobby last year, the price of BJDs seems more than reasonable and fair now. :drool

5. My rule of thumb: Do I want that doll enough to shell out the money it costs? If the answer is yes, I go for it even if it's an "impulse" buy (I even give those some consideration before I jump on them, unless it's one of those cases of "well, if you don't buy it at THAT price it's your own fault"). Another thing is: Do I look at the doll and kinda "panic" at the thought of someone else buying it? That's usually a sure sign I really want it. Never regretted buying a doll following one of those two criteria.

6. How would you describe your doll spendy style / doll spending reasoning?
      There are a handful of company’s and artist’s sculpts that makes me feel like I have to have it so if I do see one then I usually go for it after contemplating for a while.

As for doll related things such as clothes...etc there’s usually some look I’m goinf for in my head so I try to focus on that before random impulses.​

I tend to spend a couple days if not weeks and months to really think about if I really want the doll or not. Once I acknowledge that I’m still thinking about that said doll even though months have passed I put it on a wishlist and start to do WTB post.

For pre-orders I keep thinking about it all the way up to the last couple of days to pre-order until I know for sure if I really want it. I ask myself questions like if I put money down for this pre-order and something from my wishlist came up, would I regret it or not? ​

As the majority of my funds are going to a upcoming big life event I haven’t really purchased too many things for my dolls though I’ve recently started to purchase and handful of clothes and outfits. They do not have any props mainly because they’re all naked so having them clothed is more important to me. ​

Do you have rules set in place to curb spending?
      As I mainly purchase dolls and little of other doll related things, no. Reason being though is I only have a handful of sculpts that I’ll purchase or pre-order from. ​

What do you think of doll Mystery boxes/ bags: Let luck do its thing or steer clear!?!
      I’ve never been a fan of mystery bags because I dislike not knowing what will be in them. I’m the type of person who usually only like one or two items anyways so I feel like if I get a mystery bag I won’t like what’s inside and thus I would have rather spent that money on getting the specific item I actually wanted.

Though if the mystery bag deal is really affordable and I pretty much like most of the things in the store then I might go for it.​

What is your 'deal of the century/I'm so glad I bought this item' and the item you regret the most buying?
      When Sio2 first launched their 1/6 Ragdoll line, I was on the fence on pre-ordering her and I regretted not pre-ordering her though I ended up finding her secondhand in the Marketplace. ​

And lastly "Would you trade the last doll related item you bought for an equal or less valued item/items on your current priority list?"
      The last doll related item I purchased was a cute kimono set. If I could somehow trade that for a Dust of Doll doll that would be amazing but since it’s not equal in value then nope.​

7. I am tempted by a doll wich is in preoder right now but I think I will have to sell one of mine to afford the new one, it's so hard to make a choice!

8. How do you justify 'what you really want' vs 'what is impulse'?
      I make lists. ALL the lists. Every doll I own has their own list of things they need. I have lists of future dolls I want. I have lists of non-doll related stuff I want. I keep it all in a cute little notebook on my coffee table. If I have limited money, stuff I buy has to be on a list.

I have requirements for all of my dolls. Each doll must have:
      -faceup
      -bodyblushing
      -wig (sometimes more than one depending on character)
      -eyes
      -5 tops/dresses
      -2 bottoms
      -2 pairs of shoes
      -underwear
      -3 personal accessories/props
      When I get a new doll, I need to get at bare minimum these things before I can even consider getting another doll. Once the new doll has these things, then I can start thinking about the next doll. Only exception is when the next doll is extremely rare or limited and I need to grab them when I have the chance. If it can wait, it waits.

I have a weekly "allowance" of $25 to spend on fun stuff, which includes dolls, other hobby stuff, or just splurging for fun. No more, unless I sell something. If I sell other possessions, anything I make from the sales can go into doll stuff. The lack of disposable income curbs my spending more than anything. At $25 a week, I have to really want something to save up for it or sell other things to acquire it.

Depends. I've bought some that I absolutely loved, and others that were a complete waste of money. If you have a lot of dolls with different styles, and you can either pick the gender/size or you have a wide variety, they're probably worth it. I mostly only have SD, and they're a fairly casual lot. Mystery bags usually end up having fantasy, historical or formal outfits, and none of mine would ever wear it. I usually just look at the variety of items and styles the shop sells, and if I'd be okay with at least 75% of what they have, I'll go for it. OR if the value is high enough that I could sell the stuff I don't like and not feel like I lost a ton of money.

Best- I found an American Girl doll bed on ebay for $35 that usually sells for $95, then my dad extended it to fir my SD boy.

Worst- Probably the Dollmore grab bag. I couldn't use most of what was in it because of the style, and the few things I did like didn't fit any of my girls. :(

Nope! Last thing I bought was a Little Rebel Ethan head, and most of the stuff I want to get now is for him! He's also sold out now, so I'm really glad I bought him the minute the preorder opened.

9. Want vs. Impulse-
      For most items, I have to be thinking about it actively/nonstop for a while before deciding if it's something I NEED. This is a few hours at doll meets, or a week minimum for other items. Am I inspired by the sculpt, for a faceup, character, wig, fashion style, or otherwise? If so then yes!
      Priority-
      Dolls first, always. I can always craft clothing, shoes, wigs, eyes, faceups, bodyblushing, and etc on my own for my dolls, so I have no rules that dolls must be "complete" before ordering another. My dolls are always a work in progress who will never stop changing! :D
      Rules on Spending-
      I have no hardset rules on spending; basically, I take a look at my finances first. All bills must be paid off before I place even a layaway payment for a doll, and I must be able to afford the layaway payments with paychecks following without financial stress. Real life always comes first. Otherwise, I don't care how much it is or how long the layaway is, because if I want it that bad, it's worth the patience!
      Mystery bags/boxes-
      If it's for clothing/based on size, I'm okay with these! At this point I have so many characters/dolls who wear such a wide variety of styles, chances are high I have at least one doll who can use an item. I only purchase these if I like MOST of the items the seller offers/their quality of products, however.
      Deal of the Century/Biggest Regret-
      Uhhh ToysRUS is going out of business so I got two five-packs of AG-sized socks for like $8 total? THEY'RE SO CUTE.

I do regret freaking out when I bought my Iplehouse SID SWAT Edan. I saw his sculpt, saw he was in light brown, and thought I HAD to get him... Turns out I could have ordered him at any time if I had an Iplehouse account, which I did. Not doing research bit me in the butt. I really couldn't afford him at the time and now I'm stuck with a doll I constantly waffle on whether or not he actually fits the character. I've decided to hold onto him for now, at least until a PERFECT sculpt comes along, so who knows when that'll be. xD
      Would I trade my last doll item?-
      -GASP- NO D8 I love my precious fashion-confused merboy. *clutches Ken the Soom Azur in his hilariously 90s Barbie clothes close to my chest*​

10. How do you justify 'what you really want' vs 'what is impulse'?
      House Rule #1: No doll comes home that isn't a character already. That's how I justify 99% of my purchases. I have bought a doll impulsively only twice. Both times I struggled with aspects of the character. They eventually worked out but it was frustrating to get them to that point.

Props are never a priority for me. Even for the one doll that I have that is supposed to have a cane, I've had him for... 6 years now and he still doesn't have his cane and it doesn't bother me. Outfits, I try to make sure everybody has at least 1 outfit so they're dressed.

I must really want a doll to buy it. It MUST speak to me as X character in order for me to hit the buy button. For other items, I must also need that for a doll. I cannot buy something because its pretty. Additionally, I must have the cash on hand in order to buy. No money, no whatever. Credit cards are for emergency purposes as that is money I have not earned yet.

I'd possibly go for a mystery box/bag if I was able to choose for male stuff and the price was decent. Girl stuff is a total waste for me as I don't own any girls and have no desire to have any either.

Hmmm, deal of the century. Probably Mkhai (Impldoll Miguel the Demon Hunter). He was my grail for 7 years and I got him for an amazing price 2nd hand because he'd been spraypainted black and had his human forearm replaced with a mecha arm. I removed all the paint and then metal leafed him in silver, gold and copper. He's stunning if I do say so myself.

As for regrets, I can't say any come to me off the top of my head. I generally give a good bit of thought to what I buy before I buy it.

My most recent purchase was a pair of Iple Creaa black ribbon hands for Wisp (Creaa-J Lev). I wanted them when I originally bought him but they weren't available then so I was really happy they were offered in the last sales period.

11. How would you describe your doll spendy style / doll spending reasoning? :D
      Well I guess it's partially by impulse but also how much I like it and can spend the money on it. I'm taking more time to figure out when to spend the money but sometimes I see something and wanna buy but I have to stop myself :P
      Hmm I guess impulse is what I see and like in the moment but what I really want is something I think about a while to get...mostly. I've followed some impulse buys but they've been good. I just have to control it better (which I'm mostly doing but man, the temptation...)​
      I'm prioritizing dolls over outfits and definitely over props but I have a few dolls now that need outfits/wigs so I am half putting them above the dolls right now. But my money is pretty tapped out that I have to take a break from buying :(
      Do you have rules set in place to curb spending? (Examples: do you wait a period of time before buying?, do you need to see a review/ alternative pic besides stock image?, do limiteds take priority/give exceptions?, Can only buy [insert item name here] if i have done something/deserved it? Must it be totally different/unique or similar for cohesion in the doll crew? etc)
      Not sure if I have rules set in place. It's more what my wallet dictates...mostly. But I tend to try and prioritize what I should buy or what I should save up for. And right now, I'm supposed to be saving up to complete my half-finished dolls but there are so many temptations.​
      Hmm there are some that are intriguing and I would buy it if I like my chances of what I can get but if there isn't an image of what could be there and don't have something I like, then I probably wouldn't buy. I'd rather know what I'm buying than take the risk sometimes...depends on how much I like the Mystery box/bag.​
      I haven't bought anything I regret but my deal of the century/so glad I bought the item is hmm...not really sure yet. I haven't bought too much but most of the items I get are secondhand from previous owners on Instagram since I have limited access to buying dolls besides from dealers or the actual website (which I'm a bit unsure of buying from currently because money :P but I will buy a doll from a dealer/website that I will be the first owner...later...trying to save up for it really)​

Uh...not sure if I would trade. Personally, I'm not a big trader but only with friends if they had something I really wanted. But I wouldn't really do it. I barely traded photocards in kpop albums at first, just with friends, before I got a bit more used to it, but still really not a big trader :P I don't see anything wrong with trading. It's just not something I do.
      I went so ham buying dolls and outfits on Etsy that I basically stopped cold turkey and it's been tough resisting with such events going on but I have to save up to buy what I need for my half-finished dolls. I just have a slight shopping problem...shopping addiction? *sigh* just trying my best but all the cute stuff *.*

12. How do you justify 'what you really want' vs 'what is impulse'?
      This is super hard for me actually! I'm still relatively new to the hobby and have already jumped on several sales, some of which maybe I shouldn't have... I have a difficult time not impulse buying because I've afraid that the doll I want will not be available for long, since I have strange tastes. Ultimately I just have to sit on the decision for several days and talk it over with my sister and it usually comes down to how limited the doll is and how much I want it compared to other dolls on my wishlist.

Dolls always come first for me. If there's a doll I want that has become available, I'm gonna jump on it. Outfits/props/ect. are a lot less limited to me so I feel like I can take my time collecting them.

Yikes, I'm bad at controlling my spending! Right now I have a job but still live with my parents so I don't have many bills and thus have a lot of free money on hand. This money is always poured wholeheartedly into my hobbies. When deciding to buy a doll I carefully assess the sculpt (I prefer to see blank stock pictures, owner pictures, and various face-ups to make sure I really understand what the sculpt does and can look like), and compare it to other dolls high on my buy list. If the sculpt is limited I much more likely to prioritize it.

I prefer not to deal with mystery boxes. In other avenues I think it can be really fun, but in this hobby I prefer to get exactly what I want since each project is so expensive and customized.

I'm really glad I got my Cyan from Feadoll! She is one of very few and the cutest color the sculpt came in. And I was so pleased with how adorable she is in person, I absolutely love her size and style.
      The item I most regret buying was the first two payments for a preorder of a doll I decided wasn't worth it. I contacted the seller just a few days after they sent their order to the factory so was unable to get a full refund but was promised a half-refund. Unfortunately I never received it and due to the company being Chinese, it was too difficult to try and communicate with them. Luckily the loss wasn't huge but I wish I had used more discretion when initially deciding to purchase the doll and now I am more careful.

Would you trade the last doll related item you bought for an equal or less valued item/items on your current priority list?
      The latest doll thing I bought was my Cyan from Feadoll, and I wouldn't trade her for anything. I'm really pleased with her and don't regret my purchase at all.

13. I've been having trouble with this lately. @_@ I'm accumulating dolls too fast.

It's really hard to tell. I sort of feel like all of my doll purchases are impulse buys, even though a large bulk of them were planned for weeks or months in advance. I would say a genuine impulse buy is when I see a doll on the market that I've never seen before and decide to grab it because it speaks to me and it's at a good discount.

imo impulse buys are fine under $50- my Doll Leaves Vivian head was absolutely an impulse buy but she's one of my favorites.

Dolls definitely come first over props and clothes, but faceup supplies come before dolls. Particularly sealant, since that's the most expensive thing I'm constantly running out of.

Every paycheck goes to bills first, then savings, and then anything leftover is my "fun money". No taking money out of savings for frivolous things. No frivolous purchases over $300. I MUST have at least $80 in my fun money account at all times, I am never to go below $80.

I bought 1 mystery clothes grab bag because it was on sale, and it was a really good move because it had a lot of basics. I think they're a case by case sort of thing.

My Doll Chateau Charles is my best deal. I got him for over $100 less than (blank) shelf price, and on top of that he came with a ton of custom made extras and shockingly beautiful body tattoos. All said and done he was worth probably close to $500 and I got him for $270.

I sort of regret buying my DC Ada though. I really don't like centaur dolls so I can't bond with her. I got her at a ridiculously cheap price, but I still think I probably shouldn't have bought her.

Would you trade the last doll related item you bought for an equal or less valued item/items on your current priority list?
      The last doll related item I bought was 5Stardoll Jadite at $200... I don't think anything on my current priority list is that cheap, and even if it was... nah. I would almost say that I should've paid a little extra and finally ordered the Dream Valley body that I've been wanting, but I've been trying to really limit the amount of MSDs in my collection. I just don't have room. Not to mention then I'd have to buy a head too...

14. How do you justify 'what you really want' vs 'what is impulse'?
      If a doll stays on my mind for 6 months, it makes the purchase list.

I'm a sucker for details. Outfits and props are collected year round.

My budget.

Not for me.

N/A

15. How do you justify 'what you really want' vs 'what is impulse'?
      It's fairly simple; is it a) a doll that is a pre existing character/ can fit a pre existing character in the wishlist. Sometimes new sculpts will come out that match a character better than the one I had previously picked for them. b) is the doll a limited? If it's not a limited I do not have to jump on it "right away", I can wait and save up while fulfilling my prior goals. If it's not a doll, but a prop/clothing/wig/something else, a) do I need it for a character? b) Can I find the same elsewhere? Depending on the answers to these questions you can know if it's pure impulse or not.

Dolls over parts over everything else. Chances are you can find similar clothing if not the same in time, but if you don't have a doll to put them on then what is the point of having them?

The rule is like... "can I afford it?" if not "is there something I can sell to afford it?" if the answer in both cases is no... then no spending shall be done.

Depends; sometimes it's worth it, sometimes it's not. Depends on how much I actually like all the items from that company/store. If there's 90% possibility that I'll be happy regardless of what I receive then I'll grab that box, especially since it usually comes with a nice discount. That's if we're talking about anything that isn't a doll though. I have very specific characters and don't really want random sculpts in my collection.

I got a horribly mangled, badly modded minifee Shushu head, coa and everything, for the amazing price of $20 + shipping as it was deemed 'not salvageable' by its prior owner. I've since evened out the mods and gave it a faceup and he's become one of my most amazing dolls!

No!! A million times no!! xD My last doll related item I got was my grail Dollfie Dream head, Chihaya Kisaragi! For a price that can be considered an outright steal compared to what she usually goes for.... so yeah. Not happening. Not ever!!!

16. How do you justify 'what you really want' vs 'what is impulse'?
      I don't tend to impulse buy very often when it comes to dolls or other pricey items, but on those rare occasions when I have it's tended to work out. I know my own tastes well enough at this point that I can judge with some accuracy what's likely to appeal long-term and what isn't. It's probably telling that while there have been a fair few carefully-considered dolls that I just didn't take to once I actually got them, only one of the impulse buys has ever been a failure. (It was a Migi Yujin head. 'Loved him in pictures, hated him in "real life". I sold him off the day he arrived.) Given that track record, I'm not particularly nervous about buying something on impulse if I can a) afford it and b) feel like it's something I'll use.

I don't really have a formal list or priorities. It's more of a matter of "What do I feel like adding next?" That may be a particular outfit, or a certain doll, or eyes for one of the crew... It's mostly a matter of mood and availability.

I have a "fun money" account that all hobby and recreational spending comes out of. I don't typically do layaways or carry a balance on my credit cards, so if the money isn't in there for a purchase, I wait and I don't buy until it is. That said, I try to keep enough in there to cover unexpected "OMG!Musthaveitmyprecious!"-moments. When you mostly collect older sculpts, you never know when something may show up for sale. You have to be ready to pounce.

I've had pretty good luck with Dollheart's over the years... Once in awhile they've had a dud item that I couldn't use, or something with quality that wasn't up to their usual standard, but the vast majority of what I've gotten from them has been well worth the risk. I've never bought blind-bags from anyone else.

One of my impulse buys many, many years ago was a tanned CP/Delf Shiwoo from eBay. He'd been around the loop several times without being sold, so his former owner marked him way, way down in one final attempt to get him out of her house. I was wary of tanned dolls at the time and wasn't sure I really wanted to deal with having one... but at that price I decided he was worth a shot. Karru is still here. He was one of those impulse purchases that really worked out well. XD

My biggest regrets? Most of those have to do with *not* buying something rather than going ahead and getting it. I still grumble at myself over not buying a SoulDoll Celestyn when I had the chance, or DollHeart's Romance of London outfit. But I didn't trust my own judgement quite as much back in those days, so I thought I was being responsible. It's the classic conundrum of poor results coming from good intentions.

Given that the last "dolly thing" to show up here was Rajin? NOPE. Not a chance... He's going nowhere. :lol:

17. The is the biggest problem! I try and set aside time for each of my dolls... and in the same way that’s how I regard my spending.. I won’t buy a new doll if my currency girls aren’t complete, or haven’t had much time to be the ‘favourite’ yet... I also look at home many ‘things’ each girl has when deciding who should be spoilt and get new things.. I sew almost all of the clothes for my dolls so I’m very lucky in that sense :)

When I am planning on buying a new doll, I scour the internet for every possible review and video of them and like to take it all in to see how I feel in depth.. usually I will watch videos of the doll several times a week for a few weeks just to see if that spark is still there! Otherwise I can narrow it down to new dolly hype :)

18. How do you justify 'what you really want' vs 'what is impulse'?
      I always make myself wait at least overnight before buying a doll. Anything new gets compared with the dolls already on my wish list, to help me decide if I really want it, or if it's more of "Ooooh pretty!" With limited time pre-orders I tend to wait until later in the pre-order period to be more sure I really want it.

How do you organize what is a priority or not (Dolls over outfits over props?)
      Dolls come first. I make most of my dolls' clothes, and wigs and eyes are pretty easy to get. Limited dolls get priority over non-limited.

I will not pay BJD prices for anything smaller than a Real Puki. My 2 Real Puki are to be the only dolls that small. All my dolls must be in-scale with each other. Head or eye sizes that are too big or too small are an automatic no. No tiny (30cm or smaller) can cost more than my most expensive Soom tiny. I need to have a character in mind for any doll I order. Its fine if the original plan doesn't fit the doll. I should have enough money available to pay for a doll, after paying bills. (The current doll on my credit card will be the ONLY one.)

All my dolls are an unusual scale, so I avoid them.

I don't think I've gotten anything at an amazing discount, but I'm very happy I got a Soom Juchy. I originally hadn't been able to justify the price to myself, but then life decided to throw me a curve ball, so I did order her and I love her. I'm regretting the Dollzone Moon dragon I got second-hand earlier this year, because they don't fit with my group, and their odd body means they have limited posing ability. I wish I had waited and put that money toward a different doll. :sigh

Since the last doll I bought is a Granado crowd-funded 31cm Vigor Lucifer, I still don't have in my hands yet, but doubt I'll wnat to give him up. The last doll related things I received were a wig and eyes for the previously mentioned Dollzone doll, who I would be happy to trade for another doll on my wish list.

19. Browsing and comparing helps a lot. I feel it's better to buy one eye-catching outfit, than to buy many "meh" outfits. Price doesn't come into the equation, because there's no way you want all 365 outfits... well maybe you do, in that case, just choose the most special one.

20. Dont impulse buy make sure u really want the doll before buying just like getting a tattoo save to buy the doll u really want