1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Tonner clothes fit what types of Mini dolls?

Dec 19, 2006

1. I was just curious, since I don't have a mini size BJD but I do have an Ellowyne, and I was wondering whether I could use her as a model to make mini size clothes. I know some people have put Ellowyne clothes on their Unoas, but I was curious about other combinations.

So, do you have a mini who wears Tonner doll clothes, or has tried them on? Please share! ^_^

2. I've a mnf shiwoo and a DM Kid Aidan that wear tonner mens clothes fine, tho they tend to be a little large on the shoulders. Hope that helps :)

3. I have seen 16" Tyler Wentworth sweaters on Narea dolls.. I have a 43cm Supia, but have not purchased any tonner clothes yet.

4. if Unoa can wear them then Serendipity can wear them too.. My alice looks great in tonner clothes, but I have no pics atm :<

Seek peace

Carol

5. I have a MNF Lishe that I recently bought a 16" Tyler sweater and corduroy (sp?) pants for. Both are a bit big on her, most noticeably the pants. :sweat
      The sweater's not so bad if you roll the sleeves a bit.

6. My DOC boy wears a Tonner suit on occasion and I think it looks pretty nice. He also has a couple of their more casual outfits by Matt O'Neil.
      [​IMG]

7. Does anyone know if the Limho boys can wear Tonner?

8. Tonner Matt clothes run a little big on my DoD boy -- the pants fit well, the jacket is a little oversized in the shoulders. A Limho boy is more slender, but the suits might fit a little more naturally -- at worst, it'd be a David Byrne look ^_^

Ellowyne tops, shirts, and dresses fit Unoas/MNF/Narae ("slender MSD" size), although some of the pants, especially fitted ones, will be too small. The shoes/stockings will definitely not fit.

Hope this helps!

-- A <3

9. I was wondering if Narin boys can wear Matt's or Harry Potter's clothes?
      ***click little pics for larger view****
      My Supia definately wears Ellowyne & Tonner. Skirts are an ok fit, pants will not fit. Serendipity Alice/Sharmin fit Tonner very well, with a slight adjustment for finger breadth and a bit more arm length. The main difference in the BJD hands is the non-compression of the fingers to get through very tight sleeves on blouses & jackets.[​IMG] Winter White Boutique sweater
      [​IMG] Wicked Witch Tonner [​IMG] Dark Embrace Sydney. Can I say how much I adore this outfit!!
      [​IMG]Ellowynne's "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" & "Endangered Species"
      [​IMG] [​IMG]Narae in Wild Rice cardy and Supia Yisol in Winter White boutique sweaters
      [​IMG] Cherry embroidered Tyler Boutique ensemble

10. Somebody said the 16-inch Harry potter clothes are Matt size.

Kyriee - what are Ellowyne's bust, waist, and hips?

Here are the measurements of a number of other mostly 16-inch fashion dolls:
      http://www.chassies-classics.com/dollstats.htm

Here are Narin and Narae's measurements:
      http://www.dollfair.com/gallery6.htm

Narae's chest is slightly smaller than Tyler's but her waist and hips are larger than Tylers. Unoa's waist might be closer to Tyler's, but her hips are larger too.

If you look at this photo of Unoa 1.0, Unoa 1.5 (with bust part) and Unoa 2.0 (more fashion-doll size) - Unoa 2.0's measurements are the closest to Tyler's:
      http://awonori.net/u-noa.html

Dollzone is also fairly close to Tyler at 18-13-17 (7.08-5.12-6.69) compared to Tyler's 7.0-4.5-7.0

But in general, fashion doll waists are smaller than mini BJD waists, and their hips are usually smaller than mini BJD hips. SOME Tyler pieces will fit some minis.

Ellowyne may be a closer match to Unoa/Narae but I don't know Ellowyne's measurements.

Carolyn

11. I just got my Narae this weekend, and have tried on many of the clothes I made for Ellowyne, they were to short in the waist, wide in the shoulder on the tops. the pants were just to tight.
      The clothes I made for my Soul doll Linn fit much better but were big in the chest.

12. I can get my soulkid apple with a double-jointed body into some Ellowyne Wilde and Tonner outfits. They may not button all the way, though. She can wear the pants and kimono top from the "sushi for one" outfit (both snap), the dress and cape from the "nevermore" outfit, with a few of the snaps on the dress undone, and the skirt and coat from the "chills" outfit, but the coat won't button, and it is difficult to get the hands in. I also have a long black tonner dress that she can fit in perfectly, and a slip from one of the tonner chicago dolls. :)

13. Ellowyne is smaller in the lower body than Unoa/Narae -- the wide-legged pants from the Sushi For One outfit work well, but I don't think that pants which are fitted through the thigh would fit. The lower legs/feet are much smaller.

If you're having trouble getting the hands through, take the hand off (run a ribbon through the stringing), pull the arm through, and put the hand back on :>

-- A <3

14. All in all, I don't think it's a good idea to sew for Ellowyne and expect the items will fit minis like Unoa, Narae, Minifee and others their size. Maybe you could find a BJD that meets near you - bring over some Ellowyne clothes and see how things fit various mature minis.

You could also sew things based on the measurements of patterns designed for Unoa, Minifee, and Narae (don't sell things made exactly from the patterns unless it is OK with the pattern creators).

Carolyn

15. Liebchen fits EW outfits perfectly.

http://www.forgetmenotllc.com/customdollensembles.shtml

Here is a site that has OOAK outfits for EW, also Cissy (I know she is compatable with some dolls, I will check my Cissy later.) Also has Riley and Bitty Bethany. These can fit certain tinies like Hana and Lucy.

16. I have nine dressed Ellowynes and four of the separate outfits. I have tried them all on my ABJD (that I can't mention here) and our vinyl BJD. They can wear anything except the tight fitting outfits like bodysuits. The pants for Sushi for One will go on, but they won't button. Not really a problem since the top is long and you can tie them on. I haven't tried anything on my DIM Elena, yet, but Elena is basically the same size as my other MSD.

I have had more problems with Tonner outfits fitting my Ellowynes since Ellowyne is wider in the hip area. I wouldn't recomend using the patterns for Tonner. As Carolyn said, though, I wouldn't use Ellowyne as a model for making the clothing unless you do a mock up first and are very good with altering patterns. Were you planning on making the clothing to sell? If so, I would suggest getting a MSD if possible.

17. The Basic Brenda Starr bra and corset from Tonner fit Narae although she can't quite fill the bra the way brenda does!

18. My Resinsoul Mei fits Tonner clothes, she is very slim :)

19. I was going to add that just now. Yes, Resin Soul is slim enough to probably fit everything ok :)