1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Travelling with your dolls: issues/ideas/etc. Part I

Aug 20, 2004

1. If I ever got the chance to travel abroad again I would NEVER bring my dolls. I would be too paranoid of them getting damaged or lost. However, if I'm driving somewhere I'll bring them if it's appropriate. I'll bring them if I'm going to a convention or something similar but never if I'm going camping. XD

2. I am just spending a week with my parents in my hometown and of course I brought two dolls with me. They are easy to carry since they are tinies and my family has a wonderful garden and lives in a beautiful countryside which is much better for taking pics than my dirty city^^

3. Eh. I try not to take him everywhere as it is, but I really can't resist taking him out places that I feel like would make perfect picture opportunities, especially if they're funny ones. Since he only just got home, I can honestly say I've taken him a lot of places, because I want to take pictures of him in lots of places, but once he settles in more, he'll be left behind more often.

I'd take him to a really nice place, if the scenery was great, but I probably wouldn't take him on a trip to a relative's house or something, for example.

4. I don't think I'd risk it. I'd be far too worried about damaging my doll. Even though I always take care, people will bump into me or my carrying bag - no, my mind wouldn't be at rest.

5. I would not risk taking one of my dolls on vacation (unless it was to a doll or anime convention)
      I would spend plenty of time shopping and finding them some cool accessories and souvenirs

6. I've only traveled with one of my dolls so far, and that was to San Jose when I went to Fanime this past May. Nothing bad happened, and he received much love. Next weekend I'm headed to Phoenix and I'll be taking both of my dolls, and my room mate will be bringing all of hers, so we'll be traveling with 5 dolls. Lol thats more dolls than people in our car.

7. I took my Mir Elfdoll to Pennsic one year (a medieval festival held by the Society for Creative Anachronism every August in Pennsylvania) It was great! There was even a doll meet! Which I really enjoyed, and my doll even won a prize for being the prettiest doll there ...a gorgeous park bench just his size. This is a camping event so I was a little worried about getting him wet, but I just put him in a big waterproof plastic tub, and wrapped him in a clean white towel, no problem at all. He was greatly admired...every female under 20 I met wanted to hold him.

8. I'm taking my doll to do some shooting at the beach this weekend! :P It's just a road trip with friends, so not much of a problem.

9. I took two of my dolls down on holidays with now, one of my girls was carried around with me the whole time (since she was a tiny) now, while my larger one sat in my lugage.

I was so happy I took the smaller one around (Despite being in towns all the time) it was good to pull her out and take pictures with everything!

10. This is good considering I travel a lot <3

11. Ok, so a few non-dollie friends and I are planning to fly to New York for a week in Jan and I was wondering if any fellow travelers have ever had any troubles getting Resin Folk through security check. I wanna take my Tiny Trio of 30cm Yos but don't want them to be mistaken for possible bombs. Metal S hoooks...... Any suggestions? Thanks!!

12. I haven't done this myself, but I'd assume letting them know you have a doll with metal hooks, possibly pull on some joints to show them that it isn't some beautifully decorated bomb or something. Worse case scenario you can always take it apart, put the s-hooks into a small plastic bag and show it to them / offer to let someone else hold the hooks while you pass through the metal detectors with the rest of your stuff :]

13. I traveled with my dolls on air planes. I would pack my dolls in "carry on" for safety. If it is a large doll and need to travel in luggage than I would "carry on" the head and hands. All carry on go through a x-ray. So you will be okay.

14. Just recently I've travelled with my girl. I would recommend you to pack them as "carry-on" it's easier for you to keep them safe. You will need to put them through x-ray scans before boarding, so depending on how tight security is you might / might not need to answer some questions as to what they are ^^

15. I've travelled with Tyler packed in my carry-on bag. He is MSD-sized. I just left him in my backpack and let the whole thing go through the scanners. No one batted an eye. They were more concern with my iPod, camera and phone. I also had to remove my shoes and socks to pass through security that trip. LOLOL "The little man in the bag is okay, but those Chuck Taylors will have to go."

16. I haven't traveled on a plane with any of my dolls so far, but I've read up a good bit on this forum that the best idea is putting them in a carry-on bag. I definitely wouldn't want a doll to get broken, especially with how rough airport workers can be with tossing bags around. D:

17. I went on a flight recently with most of my doll collection. I had my Soom Aren, two Felixdoll Brownies, Souldoll Little Jandi, Elfdoll tiny Winky, a Hujoo Berry, and an Obitsu all packed safely in a backpack, which I carried onto the plane with me. TSA never said a thing. If you're really worried you could mention the dolls to them, but honestly I don't think there should be a problem.

18. OK, so it looks like it should be alright. I'm going to have them in my carry on for sure wrapped up all nice and safe for the flight I was just worried that the metal in their S hooks would set off the detectors. I really hope they'll pass with no problem cuz how cute would a Lati Green, Bisou Ai, and DoD Libra look in their wintery snuggly best while playing in the snow?? Oh god, the photostories.....
      I also would love to meet with some fellow Dollie Parents and hang out one day, always looking for more Dollie Friends and nobody can deny the Tiny Trio's super cuteness.

19. you should bubble wrap them and put them as your carry on in a bag and just tell them you have them in there