1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

TriffonyArtwork

Nov 12, 2014

1. @CydaLuva83 Your Sphinx is truly lovely. I love these little dolls.

2. Gorgeous

Teddy

3. She is gorgeous! Has she told you her name yet?

4. I love her face up

5. Thanks guys! I don't know her name yet, but I hope it'll come to me while I make a dress for her. She's so delicate, maybe something to match that.

6. She is beautiful.

I found the tight stringing really helped with posing (once you have overcome the terror of a doll strung so tightly you fear it might snap. Only it won't, as he elastic isn't that strong and thick). They pose like action figures. You might find she becomes too floppy to stand steadily if you loosen it, but I would be interested to hear about your experiences.

Theodore, My Philip, is still waiting on my organising clothes for him (It's been a rather hectic time of late). I have so many photo ideas for him and I will get down to it, now that things are calming down a bit. In the meantime, he sits by the side of my laptop, looking serious.

7. I have been having real trouble finding eyes that suit Theodore. He needs 8/4mm and that is a surprisingly difficult size to find. So, I ended up taking a deep breath and making some. They aren't perfect, but near enough what I need to encourage me to have another go. Next lot will be a bit darker.

[​IMG]

Did anyone else get either of the children? I haven't seen many of them around. They really are very, very sweet.

8. They look great, Max.

Teddy

9. Thanks, hun. I am moving oh so slowly with him and customising him is proving to be the twelve labours of Hercules. At least he now has The Wig, he will shortly have The Eyes and next he will have The Clothes. Any ideas for 1940s stuff in 1:3 child scale, so 39ish cm?

#209 MadamMauMau, Aug 21, 2017
      Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
    10. If I spot any, I'll let you know, button shirts (short or long sleeve - depending, presumably, on occasion and season) with shorts would be the most typical style worn by young boys then but modern shorts are different - they'd be proper shorts with waistbands and flies and pockets. You could try Matt O'Neill suit-trousers and cutting them down and hemming them to the right length if they fit OK in the waist and bum... Matt shirts might work too.

Long trousers were also worn, but mostly by older boys, and again they'd be very "baggy" by today's standards. Knitted jumpers or tank tops were worn over the shirts, if jackets were worn they were suit-style and usually matched the shorts, knee-briches (considered old-fashioned and prissy by the 40's), or trousers (again, a Matt O'Neill suit might be the best bet to be adapted)

Teddy

11. See, @Teddy, I knew you would be the go to for this! I have been looking at photos and have some of it covered. I have an Argyll tank top and he just about fits into an action figure suit, which I am going to turn into his school uniform (don't worry. Waistband, flies and pockets on the shorts). I need shirt and can't find any that meet my exacting standards. Also, socks and shoes. And maybe a gas mask case...

12. My mum's gas-mask case, when she was evacuated from London, was a cardboard box with a string shoulder-strap:
      http://www.appletreelane1940shop.uk/ekmps/shops/62742e/images/gas-mask-box-[2]-363-p.jpg

She and her sisters stuffed all sorts of other stuff into their box, tucked-in around the gas masks, so if they'd needed to use them durign the journey, they'd have scattered small belongings all over the place in the process of taking them out of the boxes.

Teddy

13. Yes, I think my father had the same, only he was in Brighton so, in spite of being bombed to blazes, no evacuations. I think it is partly his childhood that is inspiring this character, although he was older than Theo at the time. Shame he is no longer around to ask about it.

14. My mother and her sisters were evacuated several times (my grandmother kept changing her mind and going to collect them and bringing them back to London). She had lots of stories about the places they went and what it was like in London during the war (including the time she came out of the shelter when the All-Clear sounded, ran down the street and into the next shelter to find everybody in there dead due to the shockwave going through it when the building next door was hit. Some of them still had plauing cards in their hands and cigarettes in their mouths, she said).

Teddy

15. Jeez. That is terrible. My father told of how he was hit by shrapnel from one of the bombs and nearly lost his leg. He recuperated in a hospital where there were GIs who taught him to play pool and smoke. He was 12. :lol:

Largely because of the stories my father has told me, I have a real fascination with the Home Front. I have four 1940s-themed characters, three of whom are still in the process of being styled. So much work to do!

16. They'll make a great group when they're all done though.

Teddy

17. Unfortunately, they don't all go together, seeing as I abandoned my scale obsession for the sake of getting some nice dollies. Two will; my mini Dollshe boys. I might use some Photoshop magic to make Theo fit with them for some shots. Could be interesting.

18. He is lovely and I'm impressed with your eye making skills! I wasn't in the hobby when the children were released, but I wish I had been able to order Lolita. I'm keeping my beady eye on the latest doll Tatyana has been working on at the moment.

Edit: Or perhaps it is still possible to order Lolita and I'm an idiot, lol!

#218 Vanytie, Sep 11, 2017
      Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    19. Lolita is still available, as far as I'm aware. Go for it! They are lovely things.

20. They really are. I think she will be my next order, but I only just bought my first doll (any my partner has ordered me another for Christmas), so I will have to wait, save a while and hope she stays available. Just wish she could also come with a slightly more mature body - I see her as being a teenager/young adult rather than a 'child child'!