1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Universe Doll Discussion

Jun 5, 2017

1. @americanseamstress

Thanks so much for the image, it's especially helpful to see the two colors right next to each other like that! :) Just to be clear, "snow white" is the color labeled 纯白 in this picture, correct? (literally "pure white," labeled in English as "pureskin white") And "milky white" is the color labeled 美白 (literally "beautiful white," labeled in English as just "white")? Sorry if I'm coming across as really dense here, I just want to make absolutely sure since the inconsistent English names for these colors have led to a lot of confusion on my end. @_@ (and it seems I'm not the only one who got confused by the two different whites lol)

If the milky/beautiful white is more pinkish, I think I'll probably choose it then, since the Crimson Doll white does have a definite pink tinge. And damn, the Universe Doll body is quite lovely. <3 Thank you again!

#241 bickazer, Oct 17, 2018
      Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    2. @bickazer

When I ordered the resin via Legend Doll from UniverseDoll it was called "snow white". I think we can conclude that the simplest explanation is that "pureskin white"/"pure white" is snow white, but I can't say for sure. If it were me, I'd assume snow white = pureskin white/pure white

When I was ordering my parts, Google Translate, Etsy Translate (which I think uses a Microsoft program), and Legend Doll were all using different English names for what I think in retrospect were resin colors that had the same Chinese name (so this is an issue of inconsistent translation, not multiple names for the same resin color). I just didn't realize it at the time, so I ordered the resin color which in English seemed to me to suggest the whiter white without comparing the Chinese characters between sites (which would have been the safer bet).

The reason I think the other white is milk white is because it it far more like a white skin resin than a normal skin (which suggests it is not pink normal resin).

3. @americanseamstress Yeah, I think you're right about the pure white being snow white. It's just strange to me that these quite straightforward Chinese names get so variably translated into English. If they just all used the literal translation I think I'd be a lot less confused. :XD:

4. You guys. I need that Dual head. I mean omg. I've never wanted a Harry Potter fan doll, but that has to be Quirrell / Voldemort!! I didn't even want any new dolls! But I saw him on instagram and now it seems he's available.

I've never ordered from Stacy's Pink Ocean before, are they a good dealer? I see the questions about resin color being discussed, on SPO it's Normal and Pureskin Normal....no white option. I was going to ask about it here, but it looks like it might be more confusing XD

5. @VampireAngel13
      It's such a cool head, I can totally understand!!! :fangirl:
      I ordered my Universe Doll through Stacy and she was wonderful to work with.
      As for the colors, I think Musen might have a more limited resin choice than Universe Doll. When I ordered my hands with the eyes in them (off the Etsy site) they only had two choices as well. You could always ask Stacy, I'm sure she'd be happy to help regarding the resins.

6. Thank you! That's good to know!
      I think I will ask about the colors, because I'd really prefer WS, but if NS is the only option I'll go with it. I really want the head. XD
      I thought they had an etsy page, but I couldn't find it again and now I see it's closed (I got the bright idea to look in the first post XD ).

7. @VampireAngel13
      Aw, yeah. The Etsy is gone sadly. It made it easy to find the new releases. Hehe.
      If it is the same resins as the hands back when I got them, the WS is like a very pale, pinkish NS, not a pure white. Just so you know. :3nodding:

8. As long as it's paler than a normal NS (is there such thing anymore? XD ). I feel like Voldemort-infected Quirrell should be on the sickly side. that might actually be what the two colors mean...if it's not really white, they might just be calling it normal. I'll find out maybe, if I get an answer to my question...

9. I ordered! White skin was available, it was a slight mistake on the site (SPO responded to my questions here). So I have him in white on the way! Or you know, after a long wait. lol

10. @VampireAngel13
      Yay! Please share when it arrives!! I'd love to see what you do. ^____^

11. @Lady Ravenswood Thank you! I will! I'll probably lurk here for awhile, I creeped through the thread and it seems the heads are of varying sizes, so I'll probably wait to look for a body until the head arrives (whenever that will be. I have no concept of how long it will take having never ordered one of these heads before), but it's always nice to see other people are doing.
      Fingers crossed that Dollshe works because I might as well own another Dollshe body lol

12. #252 StillsEve, Oct 25, 2018
      Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2018
    13. @StillsEve great mod ! I love how your human De'ath looks.

14. @Follow-the-Wind
      Thank you :hug:
      I really like how delicate he looks now :wiggle
      (i modded, beside from the scar, his mouth open and the angle of his eyes)

15. Dear guys:hug:
      Does anyone have Musen and Longsoul doll in normal skin? I consider to hybrid them but not sure about the resin match.

16. @StillsEve

Mwahaha! The open mouth mods are spreading! He looks fantastic and the modding and faceup makes him look very realistic!

17. @americanseamstress

Thank you so much ♥
      I saw on your Death how good a open mouth looks on him :D
      (it´s so much better tbh :lol:)

18. Has anyone noticed that Stacy's now has a new 72cm Universe Doll body? :o The biggest difference is the shape of the chest joint, but the measurements are quite similar. It does look a little more on the slender side to me, though.

And now they're offering gray, light tan, and tan color options? At no extra cost? Wow, this is quite a big change...

I was all set on getting the SW-1 body, but now I'm kind of torn. Aesthetically I prefer underbust joints over mid-torso joints, but I like the more slender look of the SW-3. Hmm, well, I'll have plenty of time decide. Always exciting to see something new from Universe Doll!

19. @bickazer

I hadn’t noticed the new body! It looks pretty good, although I like under pec joints better.

I don’t think UniverseDoll’s Etsy offered other resin colors, but LegendDoll used to offer them and so does their Taobao (or it did the last time I ordered).

20. :D My Dual head shipped already! I can't believe it was so fast, I expected it wouldn't be until 2019.