1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Universe Doll Discussion

Jun 5, 2017

1. Just asked the dealer about my order since it's been six months now...they told me that it won't be ready until September?!!! :o

Nine months for one body... TTvTT I just got done with a ten month wait for a Ringdoll fullset, I, I can do this...I can.....

It'll just be...a birthday gift.......

2. @bickazer
      Yikes! It looks like they got really busy since the last I ordered! I hope your body comes in earlier than predicted!

3. @americanseamstress Yeah, it seems not only are they backed up on orders, but they had a problem with the molds as well. Hopefully they'll be able to get it sorted out, but it probably has added some extra time.

4. @bickazer Did you order during their sale? I ordered two bodies about 4 months ago, and was originally quoted 6 months as well. Looks like I shouldn't start poking anyone any time soon.

5. @Cloudedmind Yeah I ordered during the sale, early in January. From what my dealer told me, this is affecting all Universe Doll orders, not even necessarily those made during the sale. >_>;;;

6. @bickazer Unfortunate, but nothing to do but hunker down I guess.

7. Wow @bickazer that is a crazy long wait. I hope it comes sooner than that.

Man there are a lot of dolls I want to buy from them but I'll wait till they catch up. In the mean time has anyone seen the two new heads Musen released on StacyPinkOcean. They are so unique I had to start a layaway for both heads.

8. @KiwiNinamori I hadn't seen them. Interesting! I'm swimming in floating heads this year...so I will have to admire what you do with them! ^__^

9. I ordered Ke in April via StacyPinkOcean and today he finally came. Followed by a terrible hailstorm. Not sure what to make of it.

[​IMG]

I don't have my doll stuff at hand at the moment but I plan to try him on all the bodies I have during the weekend. Hopefully, I may be even able to give him a face-up.

The only thing is that he came without any CoA or a name plate. Is that a normal occurence for Musen heads? (I already contacted the dealer about it).

10. Good news, Legend Doll told me the body I ordered is ready! And here I thought I'd have to wait until September.

Bad news, they gave me the wrong extra hands...S4 instead of S9. >_>;;;; I really really want the S9 specifically, but I also want to get this body ASAP since I've waited long enough...not sure what to do, sigh.

11. So my body arrived! The dealer has asked the company to make the correct hands, and will cover the price and shipping. In the meantime, he came with just his default hands but I don't mind, I'm just happy to get him!

The good news, Universe Doll's white resin (not their snow white, their regular white) is a great match for Crimson Doll white. CD is a little paler, but they have the same undertone and it's not that noticeable. IDK what utility this information has for anyone since Crimson is such an obscure artist, but if it helps, I discovered that Crimson white matches IOS white quite well, so theoretically UD and IOS could be a good match.

The bad news...this is literally the tightest strung body I've ever gotten? I thought my Angell-Studio body was tight but this guy, I physically can't even pull up the s hook. I can't budge it even a millimeter, I just lack the arm strength. :frownyblush: I'm having a friend come over on Friday to help me out...hopefully two people might be able to get it done. Does Universe Doll have weightlifters or arm wrestlers working for them or what. >A<;;;;

I have to say the body is really, really well made though. The detailing is exquisite--his nipples even have areola. :o And this is the first doll body I have where all of the toes are separated from each other. I can't even imagine the kind of precision it would take to accomplish that...I really do feel the wait was worth it and I definitely got more than my money's worth, especially with the sale.

12. @bickazer
      Yay! I'm so glad your body arrived. It really is a gorgeous body. :3nodding:
      I remember my bodies were strung really tight too! I have them sitting down when I store them and they have loosened out to a nice tension (I have shoulder problems and I can do it myself now). I hope you and your friend can get the head on!

13. Hello everyone!
      :3nodding:
      I order a yellow skinned Alezio head back in early February when UniverseDoll had their 50% off sale. Today Clover Singing sent me the tracking number, wohoo! I'm not sure if I want to wait another 6+ months though for a matching body, so I may end up hybridizing. Not sure what company or skin tone would match best. Recommendations are always welcome. As well as Alezio spam.

14. Does anyone here have a doll in dark and/ or light tan? Can you post photos, please? I would very much appreciate it.

15. Hello everyone, today my dealer said that my doll arrived at her home but unfortunately UD send her wrong body.
      I ordered body version 1 - 2 torso (72cm - 1st body from the left in the picture) but UD sent version 2 - 2 torso (70 cm - the last body in the picture)
      Even though the label outside the box is right but the body inside is not.

My dealer said that she can ask UD for changing but I have to wait and burden 2 way shipping.
      Moreover, I have been waiting for him for more than 6 months, just can wait to see him more.

I'm now thinking of accepting the body version 2, so I'm here kindly asking for review of body version 2 - 2 torso (last body in the picture).

I wonder if the size of 2 versions are significantly different if they standing next to each other.

It's would be really really great if you have both body ver 1 and ver 2.
      Please take a picture of (both) body (if you have) so I can easily imagine.
      Thank you a lot TT^TT.

[​IMG]

#315 giang.cc, Aug 25, 2019
      Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
    16. @giang.cc Unfortunately, I can't help you with your question, since I'm still waiting for my two version 2 bodies. But, if you don't mind me asking what dealer did you order with, and when exactly did you place your order? I ordered from the Taobao shop BJD 山贼的大本营, back in early February.

17. I placed an order on taobao shop 西西娃屋BJD娃娃店铺 but not directly order from them.
      I ordered through another freight forwarder agency (because custom process in my country is quite complicated and I dont have taobao account too).
      I dont remember the exactly time I placed order to my freight forwarder agency but it's around 31/01.

The agency is now asking the taobao shop for the replacement but they've not answered yet.
      I'm waiting in worry :'(

#317 giang.cc, Aug 27, 2019
      Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    18. @giang.cc Have you heard back yet?

It looks like my bodies arrived to my dealer, and they're in the process of shipping them to the warehouse that will then ship them to me. Probably still a good three weeks away before they get to me though.

19. They accepted to change but I still have to burden 2 way shipping fee and it's seem like I have to wait in queue again since they do not have any body instock left.

I know that everybody wants to be the first person to unbox their doll, but just for sure, I think you better asked your dealer to unbox and check all of your order (take a picture if needed) before they send to you. Since the quantity of the order in sale period is huge, the mistake is unavoidable (just like me, whole body is wrong).

#319 giang.cc, Sep 3, 2019
      Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    20. @giang.cc That's really unfortunate. I understand having to wait for the bodies to be made, but making you pay for shipping as well is not exactly good customer service if you ask me.

Unfortunately, my dealer has already shipped off my bodies to the warehouse. So, all I can do is hope, and pray as they say.