1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Universe Doll Discussion

Jun 5, 2017

1. @Nissa
      Thank you so much! I totally forgot about the heeeeel feeeet. :nosebleed

2. Oh, heck. I just realized that since I've taken the plunge back into big dolls (I was exclusively only collecting fashion ones before) I will likely need to get myself a handsome de'ath man (the skull version of course) one of these days. It may be a while before I can (I have a zillion dolls on layaway from Dollshe and all first) but I will now hover about here and lurk for inspiration until such a time as I am able to get him.

3. I'm curious about the prices on their taobao. Are they always around 250-300$ for an SD or is there some kind of big discount event like the -40% last year?

4. Hi :3nodding: it seems a long time I was not here haha

[​IMG]

5. @jack_sea
      He's gorgeous. :chocoheart
      I love his styling and colors.

6. Has anyone had issues going through a Taobao agent when ordering from Universe Doll? I'm using Superbuy and they're throwing a bit of a fuss over this. Apparently, there's a high chance it will get destroyed in customs which makes zero sense. I'd really rather not buy it from a dealer who marks up the price by hundreds...

7. @poisonapple88

I haven't, my current order for Shiyu is through Clover Singing. I took part in the 30% off New Year's sale.

It's possible there's a better ordering agent, I remember a thread here on DoA at one point where people discussed TaoBao agents they used for bjd-buying, and one in particular was especially good - but I don't remember exactly which! :(

8. I ordered a doll through superbuy. It was the new 1/6 doll Blossoming. For me they are just making a giant fuss over the wait times so i been trying to tell them to chill XD. They been messaging universe doll every two weeks and stuck a red flag on it for not getting a shipping date.

For the whole it will be destroyed by customs. it prob won't happen if you live in the USA. Just MAKE SURE ALL THE PACKAGING from Universe doll is with the doll instead of it just being sent the doll alone. I heard some agents of taobao doing this and its crummy. But I feel its just a blanket statement since they honestly can't be held responsible after the package is shipped.

I also suggest you looking into Alice's collection. Email them and ask them about taobao purchasing. If anyone I can trust with a doll order in general. its them. I kind of regret finding out about their service after I placed an order through Superbuy.

9. @Pooki

Eek! The wait times are probably 4-5 months so they will definitely freak out. I'm still able to cancel it... Alice Collections does Taobao ordering? Maybe I should email them. And yes, I'm in the US so no customs issues here. I usually make Superbuy keep all the packaging together.

10. Yeah I'd cancel if i paid the official full price but she had a "New doll sale price" x.x so i been messaging superbuy (the agent who placed the order) and told them to be patient with the order as I told them this kind of item takes a few months to be made as its completely custom made. They understood quite well after me writing a novel to explain it to them. So I'm okay with it for now lol

Yes email them! I been gathering taobao agents info slowly since sometimes you need a certain one to get something done properly. Like one who deals with dolls to order a doll :) I was going to email them today to get their pricing/how they do it to put it into the knowledge circle as it was actually started over in the Loongsoul 1/3 discussion thread ironically.

I'll say this each agent so far i've tested have their quirks and differences.

11. TaobaoTrends did all my ordering for UniverseDoll and they're used to BJD ordering and familiar with the wait. They're supposedly an expensive agent, but for every other agent I've spot tested (Crystal on Facebook, YoyBuy) they're actually the same price or cheaper. USPS won't destroy your package, but I'd also give some of these companies a break during the coronavirus epidemic. Alice's and UniverseDoll are both based in China. TaobaoTrends isn't yet back from the extended (government enforced) holiday to limit viral spread.

12. @americanseamstress Good to know of another one! I did email AC but I actually lucked out right now. Someone was selling the 72 cm body on eBay a month back and the listing had ended. I emailed her and she still has it! Just ordered it. It’s brand new from LegendDoll with everything included so I’m pretty relieved. Canceled the SuperBuy one. I’m sure they will be annoyed after all the fuss lol.

#352 poisonapple88, Mar 1, 2020
      Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    13. Received a shipping notice from Clover Singing for Shiyu! I recently moved, so I'm glad I updated my shipping address on both Clover Singing sites + by email with Christina a few days ago. Not a moment too soon! I'm excited to meet him (ordered single joint torso, along with all extra hands and heel feet).

14. And he's here! Absolutely gorgeous boy. <3 I'll get some pictures up later today!

15. Box opening thread is up! It's here. :D

16. Hey guys. Have you seen the new boys? Huayue and Fengniao. They're soo pretty!
      I don't know too much of this company, but I noticed they have the new doll discount on these two on legendoll.net.

17. Yes! Aren't they lovely! I stumbled upon them just a couple days ago.

I feel so out of the loop with Universe doll's new sculpts. Is there a good place to hear about news from them?

I follow Musen's instagram, but not sure where to follow Universe doll.

18. The new boys are gorgeous. I especially love Huayue <3

I follow Clover Singing on instagram. They post about new releases from companies they deal for, including Universe Doll.

19. Thanks for Clover-singing link. I didn't know they carried them. Do you know i they do layaway?
      I'm thinking of getting one but they seem to tall. Anyone here have hybrids of their Universe Doll on another body?