1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Unoa hybrids? Other bodies that work with Unoa face plates (part 2)

Aug 17, 2011

1. The bunny 9 bodies work really well. It just doesn't have the torso joint.

2. hi guys :D
      Does anyone here know if iplehouse jid boy body works with unoa 1.5 faceplates? ^^

3. @Alik I fear the neck might be way too big tbh and the face maybe a bit too childish... if you can wait till next week, I get the Lusis of a friend as a visitor and can test it (currently only got ES and Chibi faces here)

4. [​IMG] This is temporary for me... but I found out the new narae body works well with unoa heads. The light tan is almost a perfect match and barely noticeable in photos. You will need to remove the narae neck disc, but the unoa headback AND buff head back fit the neck perfectly. If you leave the disc it'll give her a giraffe neck.

5. ooh, I'll be glad to see it! ^^ I'll try to check the compatibility with a friend too :D
      It probably won't work, but I'm curious anyway XD

6. The Unoa Lusis is my recent grail !!
      I had seen some posts that the resin soul White body would be a good match for the fairy skin face plate .
      I just purchased it and received it . Wondering if you have this information if it's a good match I think that the body maybe too white? I am fairly new to the ball jointed doll World. Finances Limited so I need to find one of the cheaper bodies for sale . Perhaps you could enlighten me since you do on quite a few Unoa./ hybrids
      Thanks so much

7. Hi there I know this post is already 3 years old, Apparently I will be having my very first doll which is exactly the same as yours a Unoa Sist faceplate in a Buff Headback and Minifee M Line Body. The seller also enlight me that he head usually snaps. and I was planning to use an "anti wear silicone" to place in her neck. Do you think it will work? Because based on the pictures there is already some chipping happening on her neck because of the Headback. Thank you greatly in advance

Wow th
      is looks soo good together mine has a Minifee Body. Does this one has it's original Unoa Headback? Or you also used a Buff Headback? Thanks in advance.

#467 Elleiwafu, Dec 11, 2017
      Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2018
    8. Hi there!
      My Minifee body has had the neck hole itself modded to be smaller- or less wide- with a little epoxy putty. This and some hot glue sueding stops the "snapping" problem so she doesn't flip her head around awkwardly. I may have also sanded the top of the neck to fit the headback better. Your solution of using silicone there should work pretty well for now. When you have been in the hobby longer, if it is still a problem you could try what I have done.
      You might also have to do some color matching with blushing. I tinted Aithne's faceplate with dye to match it to her body, and the back of her headback is blushed where it shows behind her ears so it matches the body.

9. Here's some pics of how my Unoa/Buff headback/Minifee body works.
      As you can see the three resins were not well matched so I dyed her faceplate in some "petal pink" with a drop of "tangerine" to match it to the body. I didn't dye the headback. (the hot-glue around her head just helps keep her wigs on, you can ignore it.) If you look at the bottom of the headback I did blush it to match where it would show under most wigs but that's about it.

[​IMG]

10. For reference, this is how a Buff Headback works. The grey parts are where I added Apoxy Sculpt to fit a magnet into the headback to help hold the faceplate on. You can also see how I have used more grey Apoxie Sculpt to make the hole in the neck have a smaller opening. This prevents the elastic from having too much room to move, which in turn stops the head from "snapping" about. Note how the S-hook sits in that little indent. All you have to do to take the headback off is pull it up and turn it 90 degrees. I have added low-temperature hot glue sueding to the inside of the headback's neck socket, which you cannot see here. It helps her pose better.
      [​IMG]

11. Lastly, here is the inside of the Unoa faceplate with the attached magnet I added using more Apoxie Sculpt. (Mods: sorry for three posts in a row, but these were a needed reference) The Apoxie absorbs dye funny, so when I dyed the headback it took the dye and turned very pink. You can also see the backs of her eyes and the silicone earplugs I use for eye putty.
      [​IMG]

12. So in theory, I could take a Minifee body, replace the neck turn key mechanism with an S hook, and attach my Unoa head? No having to make a head back and use the minifee neckpiece?

13. @Changeling jep! If you are comfortable removing the neckpiece and replacing it with an hook, it is the easiest way

14. To clarify: You will need a headback to use a Unoa faceplate, either from a Unoa or the maker Buff. You do not need to (and cannot) use the minifee neck mechanism with either of those headbacks.

15. Yep. I have a full Unoa head, front and back...and I know someone who will sell me a minifee body with the neck piece already removed, so yay me! Lol

How well does the hot glue work? It's a fab idea.

#475 Changeling, Jan 12, 2018
      Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2018
    16. It's pretty flawless so far. The best thing is I can remove it by just peeling it off, since it is Low Temp hotglue. You really want to own a Low Temp hot glue gun in this hobby- they have so many crafting and dolly uses. They cost about $8 USD at our hobby stores, YMMV.

17. I am a craft supply addict, so I have a low temp gun. I am so trying this. :)

18. Can anyone tell me in fairy skin matches

-Volks white
      -dollstown bodies (their white)?
      Thanks

19. Does anyone know if Unoa old normal or fresh (and I think there was a 3rd light flesh color... like new normal or something?) match Supiadoll at all? I have a Supiadoll body from 2015 which seems to be a bit more yellow in comparison to their newer resin (which, ofc there is the age element, but I think the resin batches might be a bit different since then? I am unsure) and I am curious there is a decent chance that it might be an okay match with any of Unoa's light, fleshy colors. If so, I might just keep the body for a hybrid, since it's a pretty gorgeous body.

My supiadoll is a tad yellower than my fairly new dollshe oriental if that is of any reference.

20. What companies best match Alchemic Labo (l-bi specifically) fresh skin?