1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Unoa hybrids? Other bodies that work with Unoa face plates (part 2)

Aug 17, 2011

1. Is there a good place to get headbacks? I see individual faceplates up for sale a lot, but not the rest of the head.

2. I got mine from Buffdolls on Etsy~

3. I have a resinsoul msd mei body hybrid ns sist head with buff headback that looks great! i was surprised what a perfect match it turned out to be.

4. Hello, everybody. Recently i've got Lusis head, and my search for body was also successful. My choice was to get body with the same aesthetic that original body have rather than pose variety. So for me it was Mydolling Heeah body that work well. The head and the body 2013 both, the head more yellow and body has peach undertone, so i need to blush the faceplate.
      Due to the forum problem with photo here is link unoahybrid=Unoa Lusis+Mydolling Heeah body

5. Hello
      I will be getting a very old yellow unoa faceplate, by reading the thread I have ideas for bodies that will work as a hybrid but I'm unsure of the resin colour match?

As its a very old and yellow faceplate I'm assuming it is the old Normal skin and not the new fresh skin resin....

Any help will be greatly appreciated! :?

6. Regarding headbacks, there was a french person who made them too...something with A...Amathea? I hope I wrote the name correct. I don't know if she still makes them. They were size wise closer to the original headbacks than the Buff ones. I personally find the Buff fit more the elder brothers. Ah, these headbacks give me headache.
      So, because we are in a hybrid Tread, here are B-el on a Akagi Body and L-bi on a Moe body. My Pics are like always blurry but if someone is looking for a taller boy body, Akagi works great. The colour match is okay, a bit more peachy than the head but blushing will do the trick.
      Okay, the pic won't show:vein then here take this, click to enlarge.
      [​IMG]

#506 Froschschenkel, Jul 16, 2021
      Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2021
    7. Yes amaeta made headbacks for Unoa. But I think she didn't make them anymore.

8. It's a shame, regarding how well loved Unoas (and their hybrids)are, the lack of headbacks is disturbing.

So, I tried something. I hybrided a elder sister with an Fairyland Motion or magic line body (whatever). Just stole the buff headback from my elder brother hybrid, heated up the faceplate in hot water and put it on the Headback. Works grat and now Belia has a body.
      Fairyland white skin and Unoa fairy skin are not the greatest match and the head sits too high, so you have to sand it down. (I already did that in the photo)
      et voilà
      Why don't these damn photos show up? Here preview, click to enlarge.
      [​IMG]

9. sorry if this is necroposting- there are sometimes headbacks for sale on the official Alchemic Labo webshop. you would need to use a proxy and translate the pages but it was pretty straightforward :))

I recently picked up some elder brother faceplates + a headback in tan and I'm having trouble finding a body. I haven't seen many resins that seem to match unoa paradise/tan (besides a Narae color from a few pages back on this thread) so I'm considering going through a company with a resin matching service, but if anyone knows of any companies that have msd male bodies in a matching resin color I would love to know!

Also- does anyone have any experience modding the unoa elder/chibi neck holes to accommodate non-unoa necks? I was thinking of removing the interior joint part and then using epoxy to reshape the hole again, but I feel like there is probably a better way or things that I am not considering.

10. Yes! I actually just did an order through Tenso for a couple face plates and a head back; it was so fast and efficient. They sent a free face plate for using Tenso as well.

I’m actually putting my tan Unoa Lusis head on a tan Minifee body. The match isn’t perfect at first glance but after a faceup I was shocked at how great it was. I wish I’d taken a good pic because I wiped the faceup to redo it again! I actually tried blushing to match the head at first and it was better with nothing but the faceup.

edit: I should add that I’m using a key ring in place of an S hook since I didn’t have an extra on hand and had to remove the neck connector from the body. It’s worked surprisingly well.

11. Oh I was hoping they'd have fresh or fairy skin headbacks as well, but it's only tan. I wouldn't mind a tan Sist girl, but the tan Sist faceplate is sold as well.

12. That is nice to know! There are definitely more resin comparisons for Fairyland Tan than Unoa haha- is FL darker or lighter without a faceup?

Summerbird has a nice tutorial for color matching without an airbrush:
      I was going to try out her method to cover the tan headback I got for my fresh Lusis plates. I don't think I'm skilled enough to make something quite as smooth and even as her end result, but for a headback that will mostly be covered with a wig I think it'll be fine.

13. FL is a bit darker and more orange. I think it would be more of a challenge if it were the other way around, at least for me. :)

14. Does anyone have any photos of a tan minifee/unoa hybrid? It sounds super cute!

15. I just got a paradise skin unoa lusis head and I was wondering if the ¼ myoudoll bodies work. I don’t know whether to choose coffee skin or the tan skin. If anyone has any insight let me know.:daisy

16. there is a comparison between myou tan + coffee and fairyland tan here if that's helpful: https://denofangels.com/threads/var...red-myou-iplehouse-fairyland-luts-dfa.836297/
      also here is another: https://denofangels.com/threads/myoudoll-coffee-vs-fairyland-tan-and-others.804992/

since fairyland tan is a close match to unoa paradise (fl is a smidge darker and redder, but works well if the unoa resin is blushed/painted) it can kind of be used as a reference for unoa paradise if you take the differences into account.

that sounds like a really cute hybrid though- I would love to see pictures if you decide to go through with it! :aheartbea

17. omg thank you this was so helpful! i hope to get all faced up and bodied up soon! :aheartbea

18. Ooh yeah looks like an FL head would work with a Myou Body because you could blush it more redbrown to match the myou body...