1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Unpopular/Unknown BJD Doll Company

Feb 7, 2014

1. I've ended up with a pair of micros from Dream High (A small, one-person studio mentioned by another poster up-thread) as well as two girls from FectDoll, one of the smaller Chinese companies.

For sheer, flat-out unique quirkiness in a doll, though... the winner has to be my Bishonen House Steve. Donn's little dude has more attitude per cm than pretty much anyone else in my crew. :lol:

2. Here's my little centaur by Joanne Callender. She is hand-flocked and painted by the artist, and came with the tiny flocked bunny. She's tiny, around 6" tall... All her dolls are pretty much ooak, sculpted and painted by her.
      [​IMG]12-05-CallenderCentaur_4060 by aprilllee, on Flickr
      Callander Dolls
      (many of her dolls are ot on doa because of joints and maybe wigs and eyes being fixed, I think, but some should be OK).

#83 april, Jan 10, 2016
      Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
    3. Little Rebel. I currently own Aleksander and Hachi and my Andre shipped today! My sister owns Shinji. I think they're all very unique and interesting. One day, I might aim for a Jelle or Sarang. Awesome dolls with awesome customer service. The only downside is that they're released in small batches during limited times, but that also makes them more special.

Another is BlueBloodDoll. I used to own six of them, I've sort of moved away from that aesthetic, but they're beautiful dolls with nice resin and gorgeous bodies, and the service is very personal and fast.

I would highly recommend either of these companies, for both service and product quality.

4. I adore Mushroom Peddler's work but a good handful of their sculpts are off-topic... There are also Mewie Fish's Creatures Dolls and Lillycat/cerisedolls who I've seen a few posts about here and there, but I really like the shapes of their sculpts and they aren't really popular as far as I can tell so I feel they are worth mentioning...
      I suppose Aileendoll can get more love even though they have discussion threads already. And the only one I can think of that I've actually bought a doll from haha. My avatar is a special edition of one of their pet-sized dragons, Ashes. Most of their larger and more humanoid dolls are limited only though. (Maybe all? They have all been sold out for a while...)

5. I love Lillycat's sculpts. <3

6. I'm going to have to echo someone here and say ipopo is unrated. I fell in love with their Weichen sculpt. :D Miracle Doll as well are not seen a lot around here.

7. SIO2

the artist is work at Dikadoll & 2DDOLL, too.

8. Raccoondoll bjd are beautiful and it is a new company

9. Harucasting is a resin casting company that is working on releasing their first dolls in a few weeks!! I got one of their heads as an event/giveaway prize, and the quality is absolutely amazing. They post a lot of photos on both Flickr and Tumblr if you want to check them out, since I don't know if they have an "official" website yet

10. this unknown BJD company also have some beatuiful dolls:)

11. I recommend only-doll and Mystic kids. My first resin doll was an only-doll Kexin and she was beautiful, she had a lovely skin tone and no seam lines. I also recommend Angel Fantasy. I once owned AF Betty and she was very pretty. Many people have never heard of them which is a shame. For lesser known Chinese BJD companies I recommend you check out the seller Jeeryama on ebay ;)who is an official agent for many of them.

12. Flowerandjunior, i dont see many of their scuplt here but they are amazing, my Yabi and Kaka head has send out and i'm very impatient to got them.

13. I just looked!!! So cute!

14. Abio Angel isn't very popular anymore, considering the company no longer exists.

15. Oasisdoll only has one sculptor and maybe five sculpts total, but their heads are absolutely beautiful, and so expressive.

16. Dust of Dolls and Popovy Sisters :love

17. Ash Plume aka Gray Plumage. They even spell their company name wrong, as "Gary Plumage" in their CoA, but I am thinking about getting their head.

[​IMG]

#98 cherryquf, Mar 31, 2016
      Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
    18. Xaga Doll is definitely underrated. Their sculpts are so sweet and some of their larger dolls are really handsome. The bodies look great and proportional as well, and their knees look so smooth/natural despite being double jointed. They even have an SD for an SD (1/6) :O

19. I really like BeYours, I haven't gotten one yet but I'm going to order one soon hopefully ~