1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Vendors, artisans and products you miss and new ones you love?

May 3, 2016

1. Recently, after a 2-year hiatus from the hobby, I returned to the community. I quickly recaptured my fascination for dolls and all the fun that goes into caring for them. It wasn't long until I set about ordering a new girl for my collection.

Once the order was placed It was time for both the worst and best parts of this hobby: waiting for a shipping notice and ordering new things for my doll. :D

My first thought was to order some Droprops Eyes, which I was always a huge fan of. But, to great dismay, I found they're no longer being produced and there wasn't any to find second hand.

This was really sad for me. In fact as my search for new goods progressed I noticed many talented artists, seamstresses, and shops I loved had faded away over the years.

While sad, it makes me treasure the items I still own even more. Plus, in their wake, many new vendors have popped up with some amazing things that didn't exist before. One particular delight is Oscar Eyes, Every time I see a photo of a doll with one of their sets I'm blown away! I ordered three pairs this week and can't wait for their arrival!

Does anyone else have items/artist/vendors they miss? Anyone have some more recent loves?

2. One that I miss is Room Two on Etsy. I don't know what happened, the shop still exists but has no listings. The most recent feedback was a year ago stating people never received items. They always had really cool, well made clothes, so it's a shame they're gone.

Some favorites now on Etsy are TTYA (TTYAcom) and Rusted Couture.

3. I'm so sad Angeleim is no longer around! I'm SO happy I ordered some hooves for my mini boy while they were available since he stands in them perfectly and they are just so beautifully sculpted. I love that they sold fantasy parts by themselves which not alot of companies seem to do. Plus they just had a really nice style.

4. I miss Domuya. I ordered my first Volks doll through them (because they offered FCS back then). They always had the most detailed accessories and fanciful dolls. I also miss when Dollflower eyes didn't take a year plus to deliver, but that doesn't really count.

And Rosettadoll! I miss them. I love my Wayne and there are two more heads I really regret missing out on.

5. I was a bit sad when I read that Raurencio Studios was gone. They had so interesting, beautiful sculpts. Something similar is hard to find nowadays.

6. I used to love Softly She Walks and still have a shirt by them. Looking back at some of their designs, I realize my tastes have changed, but they had such cute casual clothes when that was a lot harder to find.

For eyes, I was a big fan of Everpurple. They really turned me onto urethane eyes and I haven't gone back since! :P

For dolls themselves, I really miss Ariadoll, Elfdoll, and Unidoll. Ariadoll made my favorite body (and I'm saving for the Switch version) and Elfdoll had a wonderful style. There was really no one like Unidoll in the market, and I really miss them.

7. I really miss Infinitidoll, personally... I've always loved their dolls but they up and disappeared one day out of the blue without a warning. I was so sad I never got to own their sculpts because those I loved most are nowhere to be found in the secondhand market.