Vings Doll Discussion

Oct 13, 2018

1. You can buy them on our website or on Vings taobao,the price is same.^^

2. Has anyone purchased one/two of the heads?
      I'm so curious to see owner pictures, because I think I might be in love with them ><;
      They'd be so perfect for twin characters!

3. I am over a year late but I have to say... I love the sculpt. The best part is that it's not a limited release or getting discontinued or anything like that, so I can /finally/ get my hands on one when I started working full time!!
      Here are pictures of my new boy, fresh from my face-up artist:
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

Asked for some touch ups on lips which I kinda regretted because it makes him look make-up heavy, but hey I may raise him as a girl instead~ (and also wow phone vs proper camera makes hella difference)

[​IMG]

Can't wait for him to come home QAQ shipping delays suck aaaah

4. It's nice to see someone finally has one of the heads on the board.

5. ahahahaha honestly I am pretty surprised! I feel that he's quite an underappreciated sculpt overseas given his popularity in China.
      One major complaint I've heard is that it's hard to find him the right body, given how small his head is. Advice from some other owners is that although the official store recommends bodies ~68-72cm (sd17 size), ~62-65cm (sd13?) really fits him better proportion wise.

It'll be a challenge, but am looking forward to it all the same XD

6. @willowspell Thanks for the info! I've been interested in getting a head for a while, but have been putting it off.

7. I never expected this thread would update ><

@willowspell The faceup is gorgeous, really brings out the potential of the sculpt. The detail of the eyes is probably my favorite part. And those eyebrows and skin texturing!
      Fingers crossed for quick & safe shipping.
      Do you think he'd match well with SWITCH resin?

8. @Ciel98 Thank you for the kind words and well wishes ^^ I love the eyes and subtle textures too! Now I am saving for a proper camera because… lots of details get lost with phone photography );

Also! Honestly I have no idea about resin match. I am waiting on Rion but I got him with normal skin which probably isn't too near (this head is white). Crept to Ving's taobao and translated the resin recommendation there:

volks/dollzone/longsoul/2D doll
      (white will have slightly less colour difference than normal/tan)
      popo68/soom (nearly no colour difference for light tan)

Hopefully this helps with … inferencing /squints

#9 willowspell, Mar 27, 2020
      Last edited: Mar 27, 2020