1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Dollfie Dream head mold list (help is welcome)

Feb 22, 2008

1. I bought one for my mom, for her birthday/Christmas present. I need to get off my lazy behind and pop the head off of that critter... :o

Gotta decide how I'm packin' out for a meet-up this Sunday too. The DDdys have been getting a lot of face time lately... ;)

TC

2. Wow your mom is lucky!! hehe
      critter.. nah she's much cuter than a critter!!! ;)

3. On the Volks JP pages with Al Azif and Etheldreda it both states that each has an original head. Also in the Volksusa pages : http://www.volksusa.com/osaka5alazif.html
      http://www.volksusa.com/osaka5etheldreda.html
      :) I do think that the both do look very much alike though. I guess now we have to find #26? I wonder who that could be....:? I know the new Saber is the same headmold as old Saber but in a different skin color. I wonder if that changes the number too or if it's just a recasting. So confusing Chibi-chan. XDDD

4. Well Volks like to say that each limited doll had its own head mold, like Cheryl or Femi head, etc, but they are the same so I wouldn`t be surprised they are the same. I guess it would be a bad marketting tactic to say right out that they have identical heads. ;)
      As for Saber Alter, Aya answered that question, its the same headmold. :)

5. Well, this coming from a guy who lovingly refers to his DDs as his "crash-test dummies" :o or "bodacious G.I. Joes" :? .

"Eddy" is Madame Dragonfly's first (and probably last) Dollfie Dream. She really like her, but just can't see paying that much for a "Vinyl" BJD. Here's a shot of her and "Ally" at Royal/T, a maid cafe out here in Cali.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also...

MYSTERY SOLVED!!!

Etheldreda is...

...wait for it...

#29 :ablink: :3nodding: :thumbup

Laters...

TC

6. No way!!! :aeyepop::o I have to see them side by side to believe it lol! :lol: I bet their molds have very minor differences, maybe they even come from the same mold base and it's just the features like the eyes, nose and lips and ears? (haha who really cares about ears) that are slightly different, or something. hehe. Thank you Mr. Postman!

I actually found a pic of Etheldredra on a DDII body, and surprisingly it looks pretty good! http://juggler.jp/dollby/i/20081215010816.jpg#310KB
      I want her wig badly...

Alright, that only leaves 26 for now, maybe who knows it's actually Escalayer, we'll find out soon enough.:)

7. :lol: I knew it...but wasn't completely sure. The differences are in the bottom eyeholes and Al AZIF is smily while Etheldreda has a serious face. If Escalayer isn't #26 that's scary. XD

8. Oh wow, those photos are lovely!

I'm also quite surprised that Ethel has a different headmold.
      I was hoping that Saber Alter would have a slightly more evil look, but it just turned out to be a different skin colour instead.

9. Hello there :chibi,

Trying to revive this thread hehe. Still no news about Escalayer's mold number, if you have ordered an Escalayer, please let me know!

I've also listed the next upcoming DD releases, Nanoha Takamachi from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS, Illya from Fate/hollow ataraxia (or you may know her from the anime Fate/Stay night), and also Yoko and Nia from Gurren Lagann. I'm waiting for actual pictures of Yoko and Nia, teasers are available on the new DD blog : http://ameblo.jp/blog-dd/
      Teasers include props, wig prototypes and the like. :)

10. chibichibiusa, I ordered Escalayer! :aheartbea She's due to arrive in late April. I'm hoping I get lucky and she comes earlier, Volks has been ahead of schedule with their releases lately. I think Kurumi was shipped a whole month earlier than expected, so here's to hoping! ;D

11. I hope she arrives super early, and that you post tons of pics for us to drool at :) thanks!

12. Small update :

Added Fate T. Harlaown and Rin Tohsaka to the list with the links to their official pages. Release for Dolpa 21 May 5th.

Note how I added Fate together with Nanoha. Jeong132 pointed out to me that it says this on Volks Fate page : ヘッド:「なのは/フェイト」オリジナルヘッド採用 which translates to Nanoha and Fate have the same head mold (Nanoha/Fate original head) . I knew they were strangely similar hehe.

I also updated the links for the pages for Yoko and Nia, but sadly there's still only teaser props pics. For hard Gurren Lagann's fans, you can pre-order them on Volks USA.

Sorry, no new headmolds # yet. I might buy Rin :kitty2

13. Hello, I got lucky and picked up an orphan Ilya at a Volks store in Japan! Her headmold is #37.

14. Ok.. maybe I'm wrong. I don't read Japanese to save my life... but isn't ヘッド head?

If so, then volks numbers the Yumi and Kyoko as #5 on their pages.. so by extention the Sirus head too. I know it's always called #5 but it's not officaly confirmed on the list. They are both listed as ヘッド:H-05ヘッド採用 on their pages. Forgive me if I'm TOTALY wrong T_T;

15. I love DD very much for they lovely face and sexy body ~

16. Congradulations on your new girl and thanks for sharing the info :)

17. You are so TOTALLY right, ヘッド is definitely head (katakana is like the only thing I can read properly in japanese lol)
      I wonder why I never noticed this before. I remember at some point Volks updated their japanese DD section and I added the new links, but I didn't re-read all the descriptions. Maybe they added that info then. Or maybe it was there all along and I was just blind. :sweat

18. DDD Escalayer arrived today!!! And you won't believe this, but... she's number 35!

The elusive number 26 escapes us once again!

19. Congrats! Thanks for the info! ... wow who's 26 then? *_*

20. I have updated the list with #36 for Nanoha & Fate (they are the same) and #38 for Rin. The information comes from the toysdaily chinese forums where some members are also compiling a similar list. Some of their members are kindly sharing the information via the flickr DD group, since I can't orient myself on toysdaily at all lol (big language barrier, but they have many pretty beautiful DD pictures www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-90434-1-1.html) :kitty2 I was surprised to see my nickname quoted in their list :lol:

On a side note, I'm starting to wonder if #26 is either a majorly delayed project, or a failed/dropped project :?