1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Dollfie Dream head mold list (help is welcome)

Feb 22, 2008

1. Chibichibiusa, that's what I was thinking about #26 as well. It's surprising that they'd get so far into development as to leave a space for her, and then drop the project. Now I REALLY want to know what it was!!

And OMG thanks for the eye candy!!!! Whooo!! I'm drooling all over my keyboard!!

2. First off, thanks very much for this list, ChibiChibiUsa! While I knew I was interested in Dollfie Dreams, this has helped me narrow it down to the few I'm willing to throw down several hundred bucks for.

In regards to Mystery Head #26, I can think of plenty of reasons for a project to get dropped, to be honest, but I have to admit those reasons make me want to know who it was even more.

The big reasons I can think of are: A) Practicality problems, i.e. something really difficult or impossible to create, B ) Monetary problems, sometimes caused by A, or C) somebody pulling the rug out from under the license.

All three point to something ambitious that either had to be put off or was just too hard to make happen. So, I'm really itching to know what this project was too.

3. I added the links to Sasara and Louise

4. Yoko is 39! We are almost at 40!! I guess 40 must be Nia.

5. Thank you so much for this precious thread !
      DD are such amazing & interesting dolls. And I have so many things to learn about the different models :sweat

Must look better at the one home to be sure what type it is :lol:

6. Hi chibichibiusa, thanks very much for this extensive list! I'm a Dollfie Dream addict just like yourself. I got to know Volks and DDs through Danny Choo's Blog/ Website. That's how I got started! Great job!

7. Wow chibichibiusa, you truly are the CHAMPION of DDs! Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us folks! :)

8. U r right I just a haven't had time to upload the list. It's now updated with DDH-04, Moe/Natsuki. Added some numbers for Nia and Sasara as per some japanese source.
      I wonder if the DDH-04 might be that mysterious #26 or not... hehe.

9. Me thinks #26 is the Dollfie Dream "missing link"... :lol:

TC

10. Lol

MYSTERY SOLVED

I was checking Fetish Room's blog cuz I randomly saw the owner got a DD Moe as I was browsing auctions on Yahoo Japan... I was initially looking if there was any good pic of Moe's bust, then I found his post about it + head mold #, it is 26!! Looks like Volks started working on these girls since way back. lol.

Here's the link to Fetish Room's blog. (not safe for work as title hints)
      http://fetishroom.blog.so-net.ne.jp/2009-10-25-1

11. I spotted that with the link you posted on the DDdy thread. Wow, so the DDH-04 head is the "missing" #26. :? :o :doh :lol:

Good work, Detective Chibbs! ;)

Now, I wonder how long they had the "small bust" version planned for? I know when I started collecting DDs a couple years back, I always noticed the Type IIs were always Medium or Large busted. When they released the Dynamite girls last year, I said to myself, "now why didn't they call THAT the large-bust and have the Large and Medium down graded one size.

Ahhh, those clever people at Volks, they are true Otakus at heart... :mwahaha

TC

12. DD04?!? :sweat Moe/Natsuk original head mold is not the DD04...

13. I can't wait till they release some pictures of the 04 where you can actualy see her nose e.e; I hope she's added to the USA site soon, I really want to get one.

14. I think you misunderstood, Moe/Natsuki head is #26, and the new Option Head DDH-04 mold # is still unknow at the moment :lol:

15. Oh my goodness, I messed up!!! :? :o :doh :(

With all of the talk about Moe/Natsuki and the DDH-04 head taking place at the same time, I ASSumed that it was the same head mold...

My apology for causing any confusion... :sorry :sorry :sorry

TC

16. *gasp* Moe and Natsuki are Mystery Head #26!? Really? Wow. . . that's not what I was expecting at all! I figured whoever Mystery Head #26 was, it would be obvious why she was delayed. But for the two of them, I don't have a clue. They don't seem physically difficult to do costume-wise, and they're original, so it definitely wasn't a licensing issue. The only thing that comes to mind is that maybe they felt they needed more market research before actually making the S bust? Seriously, WTF, Volks?

Nice to finally have that filled in, but still. Weird!

17. i want the clothes from Moe and Natsuki (Y__Y)

18. Maybe they had too many projects with Anime/game companies and they were waiting for the good timing to release new image characters without affecting sales or something (maybe they are afraid anime/game based characters are more popular and if they released them at the same time they would loose sales). :?