1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Dolpas in August

Jun 13, 2006

1. Yeah...DOLPAS. Plural. It's Dolpa time again, kids.

August 20:
      Home Town Dolls Party in NAGOYA 3
      http://www.volks.co.jp/en/event/dolpa_06su/ng/index.aspx
      Place: NAGOYA TRADE & INDUSTRY CENTER
      The World' Biggest Fair of Dolls and Figure, Hometown Dolls Party in NAGOYA 3 is coming on August 20. 2006.

August 27:
      Home Town Dolls Party in Makuhari Messe
      http://www.volks.co.jp/en/event/dolpa_06su/mk/index.aspx
      Place: Makuhari Messe
      The World' Biggest Fair of Dolls and Figure, Hometown Dolls Party in Makuhari Messe is coming on August 27. 2006.

Hide your wallets/purses. XD

2. I already made a thread about this but I'm asking again: is anybody going to Nagoya or Makuhari Dolpa? I'm planning to go and it would be nice to meet other Doa-members there!

3. The japanese website for them are up. Ooh the excitement.
      Nagoya on the left and Makuhari on the right :3

4. I was making a new discussion thread for this, and I'm afraid I've managed to lose Treelore and ponygery's replies while moving them! I'm so sorry - anyway, the new discussion thread is here. :daisy

5. I bought my Nagoya & Makuhari guide books today. Not half as nice as the Tokyo ones, but ehe, they have all the info... more nicely though, I got my Volks News Bulliten in the mail today, and wee, lookit the pretties coming out at the dolpas!

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

I love the (literally) bunny-rugs, and the new boys LaParsonell outfits are gorgeous!

6. Hmm, it is really slow to load. Here it is in case anyone else is having problems viewing it:

Ack, the Yo-SD's are $34 more than the last time around, but the big dolls aren't more expensive than they've been in the past. >.< I wonder why the difference?

7. Naw, it's still Chinatsu. Tinatsu is just the way they write it in English :)

8. Kerbey Lane Doll Shop, official Volks dealer, is now taking orders for limited dolls and clothing from Nagoya & Makuhari.

Orders can be emailed or called in to the shop - deadline is Wednesday August 16 @ 9pm Central Standard Time.

[email protected]
      512 452-7086
      [email protected]

Volks has warned us that these will be limited with possibility all orders cannot be filled so we are turning in our order to Volks as early as possible.

Kerbey Lane Doll Shop is located in Austin TX, we've been there for 24 yrs. We require a 20% non-refundable deposit - money refunded only if Volks cannot ship doll to us. Prices are retail prices listed on Volks site.

Rochelle
      BJDC-Austin 2006

9. Sorry, odd question, but when they say August 20th at 12:01 AM until August 23rd until 12:01 AM...what time-zone are they using? Would it be US Central? Help? ^^;

10. Pacific Time. They're on the west coast it makes sense for them to go by that time.

11. I've taken a bunch of orders today via phone and just want to say thanks to those that called me @ the shop, was great to actually speak with you all.

Kerbey Lane's procedure for ordering new Volks Dolpha products -

Our deadline to order is Wed Aug 16 - 9pm central time
      Orders will be emailed to Volks first thing Thursday morning. Volks has told me they will confirm our orders right away so I expect by Monday I'll know. Once I get confirmations I will notify everyone who ordered a doll to let them know if they have one. These will be don in the order I received them. If your doll is confirmed we will then require 20% non refundable deposit. Balance will be due in October when the dolls are scheduled to arrive.

We charge Volks retail prices plus shipping & we ship UPS. Sales tax will be charged to anyone in Texas.

I can be reached by email - [email protected] or [email protected] or PM. Also 512 452-7086 (KL) - I work Tuesday & Thursday 10 to 4:30 - Friday 10 - 12 - Saturday 10 - 2.

Rochelle

12. ahhhh! monday is going to take forever to get here! i have to pay the 20 percent on my own christmas present, heh. thanks again!

13. Stalking the site just now. I really want the YO-SD girl (sob). I hope I can get her. She is so sweet and smiley looking.

14. Question? I have never participated in a "entry ticket event." We weren't supposed to give our form of payment yet, right? I'm second guessing myself. I guessing we wait for a confirmation of some sort or that it is going to be a lottery & then we pay with confirmation of our order? Thanks!