1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks is coming to Los Angeles, CA

May 27, 2005

1. Their English home page says:

VOLKS SHOP is coming soon
      in Los Angeles, CA, USA.

The detail is to be announced later.
      Please keep visiting our web site.
      We are looking forward to seeing you soon in the USA.

Does anyone know anything about it?

(In my excitement I needed to edit this 3 times!)

2. :o Oh Wow!!!! You lucky person!!! You are in LA!!!!!!! Well, I think we are all lucky!!! That will hopefully mean a little less shipping cost........ or maybe not. I hope so!!!!

Thanks for posting!

Judy

3. Yay! This is great, it just totally brightened up my day.

4. Yay, that's right where my dad lives, who I visit multiple times a year. Go Volks. :grin:

5. Awesome, I can't wait! I love living in L.A. XD

6. Score! It's only 600 miles south of me! More possible than Japan :D

7. Yay! Volks only a 45 minute drive! How wonderful!!! :D

8. Awesome. i go to LA 2 times a year....im so excited :)

9. I'm in Arizona so that's not too far away. :wink: I'm sure I'll be taking a roadtrip as soon as they open up.

10. Total road trip.

A fun, silly adventure for this Bay Area-ite. Very doable.

W00T!

D'ya suppose there will be FCS?

11. If there is I am TOTALLY going down there. We should go togeather *also in the Bay Area*

12. Yeeees!!

This is exciting news :grin:

13. Arrrgh, I can't stand LA (as a place, no offense to you guys who live there). XD If only they could have gone a bit north...

Ah well. I'll have to check it out sometime. How exciting!

14. An 'Argh' in advance for everyone on the East Coast. XP Yet another reason to leave this dead-end state and go home. I can't stand SoCal though. T_T Too hot, shoulda been in SF('Specially since if I went back, it'd be back to NorCal where I'm from...Which itself is too hot in summer). XP

We need a CP store in New York now. XD

But like another person said, maybe if things can be shipped from THERE, or there's FCS available there, it won't be as painful when I eventually break down and get a Volks doll. >_>

So... Yay?

15. I wonder if they will ship to the UK ??
      :daisy (she says hopeing one day they will release the tiny angels )

16. LA... it figures.
      I CAN'T easily bop on down to LA, even if I live in CA.
      I have a family and a very busy job.
      :(

17. ......... **starts planning bus routes to LA from Seattle** Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy.......

Darryl: Hey! We could meet Caro!!!

Talon: Er...meet? That's an interesting way of putting it....

Darryl: Get your mind out of the gutter, smuggler.

18. :D
      Sucks that they're way the hell across the country, but I've got relations there, and Mom's probably going to want to go for second dan [black belt; we have to go to Cali to do it]. I hope they make FCS available here!

19. On the hopeful side, does this mean that Volks is going to get their act together soon and actually have something for the USA store to have IN STOCK??

Their website is woefully out of stock on way too much (very unusual for a company that has been trying to heavily promote itself at international shows), and a friend who visited Japan recently said that all the stores carrrying Volks SD/SD13 items were also out of stock on too many of their SD/SD13 "accessory" items; particularly clothes, shoes, 18mm eyes, elastic, tools...

20. Living twenty minutes from L.A. just got a whole lot more expensive. *falls over*