1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Limited Edition re-release SD13 Girl Shizu availible through FDQ website.

Jul 2, 2009

1. Hey just thought I'd drop a note here saying that there is a Volks limited editon avalible though the FDQ website. I checked and didn't see anything but if someone has already posted about it, feel free to delete this. From what I can tell you from reading the order form, you don't have to be a subscriber (it dosn't ask anywhere) to buy her.

SD13 Girl Shizu, Kimono Version
      She comes in 3 different styles dark, medium, and light.

http://www.fdqmedia.com/index.html
      (click the banner with the BJD up top to get to the order form.)

2. I can't get the order form to work - anyone have any ideas?

3. Maybe it's only me, but I wouldn't trust on this, it seems like a fake or scam to me. If Volks were to sell some OneOff, they would have put news on their website or something...
      Very suspicious...*_*

4. No, it's legitimate. It was supposed to be for Dolpa in New York this month, but it got postponed due to the swine flu. FDQ said that they would still go forth with the Volks doll, though. A lot of us have been waiting impatiently for the announcement of which doll it would be, and I'm beyond thrilled it's this one.

5. it is in the discussion news/chat for the NY Dolpa here. A number of us have already put our orders in. Volks gives FDQ an exclusive each year for the NY Dolpa as the event is hosted by FDQ. Even though the Dolpa has been postponed, Volks USA posted weeks ago in their NYDolpa 4 section, that the limited Doll will be available through FDQ.

6. Just email them with the info. that the order form asks for. That is what I did and Pat at FDQ got my order!
      Good luck!:)

7. It's completely legitimate and they are almost sold out. So if you want one, you need to print out the form and email it. However the form says.

8. Thank you for the advice Hunny and Mercy! Pat e-mailed me back and confirmed my order. I do think that they are almost sold out, so anyone wants one, they'd better hurry.

9. She's only available for US customers isn't it?

10. I just found out this morning and have sent mail to them as soon as I can. Haven't got a reply yet, wonder if they are close for 7/4?
      Also, Just wondering if that's member of FDQ only?

11. As the application says, you have to be a subscriber, but that is easily rectified by buying a subscription.

Edited: whether they are open or not, Pat is good about keeping things in "time" so that if yours came before others, you will get the doll. I think that's the important thing. You'll hear from her her as soon as she has the time. I doubt it if she'll be around on July 4th. You know, everyone needs their weekends off. You know what I mean. ;) But hey, no rest for the wicked or the editors.

This, I am not sure, but I think so. Email Pat and ask.

12. Hi~

Thanks for the note. I got her reply this morning. I have just order subscription for a year~and I got my Shizu! :aheartbea
      Can't wait to get her~

13. I tried to order through their order form but doesn't seem to work.
      can't type in my information. how did you do it?

14. Just send them an e-mail with all the same information on it. That's what I did, and Pat e-mailed me back with a confirmation around 1 hour later.

15. is there any additional photos of shizu? even though it's sold out i would still like to see what pictures they have posted. i wasn't able to see before and i can't really see anything now except for that banner.

16. I have an old blog post with the photos here.