1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Mini Super Dollfie discussion Part 2

May 19, 2014

1. Soooo, seems like a hiatus from DoA means lots of people get new dolls :whee: if the other Volks thread is anything to go by....with the help of a person or two around here, I managed to grab a pipe dream doll, I never thought I'd get my hands on!

I couldn't pass up the chance! So now, I have an MSD F16 boy in WS on the way, and I can't wait to see him in person, and join him with the body which came to me by miracle, which is from the same year as him, lucky me for some great DOA members!

2. Wow, he is really lovely and a great match, thank you for sharing! I really want to send him out for Faceup right away, but I will post him completed before I do so I think.

I am kinda glad I got him now, because I knew eventually I would go out looking for him, and it would be hard to find him unless I managed to get an order in for a special event at Sato or something. He is the last sculpt that I wanted from the earlier sculpts, now I have my eyes of F38 (in sunlight) and F41 (WS)....I really should get one girl from Volks (which would be the only girl in my collection), I've always wanted to do an Alice type character, maybe I will use F-20 if they still offer it next year!

3. My volks F-11 boy arrived today, but his monkey ears don't stay in. Do you need to putty, or something to make them stay in?

4. Hi BlackBags,

Ears are held in with a rubber hollow peg or tube that is glued into head. Sometimes rubber peg stretches out and ears fall out.
      You might need to scrape out rubber peg from head and reglue them in. Or you can try making the resin peg on ear thicker by spraying Mr. Super clear on it.

5. Thank you for the explanation:abow:. I'll try to reglue them in first since I'm all out of Mr. Super Clear.

6. That Baron...so cheap right now...if that high bidder ends up winning, they will get such a rare doll at a steal! I am really tempted, but I already have a surprise doll coming this month, and I don't need another (particularly since I bought the head and the body and then the body I really wanted, so...now I have an extra girl body I need to sell which I wasn't expecting...)! :doh

7. Well, looks like I was the last one to post, but since it was ages ago now, I am posting again because this thread gets no love!

My FCS is already done *_* I only just placed the order less 2 months ago, so Volks always seems to be ahead of schedule (Even when I made three orders at once!). He got a faceup too, as all my boys do from Sato, so very much ahead of schedule, but oh well, I just get my boy faster now! All I have right now is a picture in random lighting with no ears from my friend who does my orders, so I will wait until he gets here to post a proper pic.

8. Congratulations Artemos...that's very exciting new indeed! I can't wait to see him.:) And you're so right, this thread isn't getting the love it so richly deserves. These dolls are so awesome! I'm in the midst of styling my girl I just adopted from the marketplace (a Sato F-07) and she should be ready for photos in a couple of days or so. (I do all the cooking around here so the holiday really slows down my dolly projects.):sweat But just as soon as she's finished and I can do a photo shoot, I'll be posting her here.

#268 PoeticSoul, Nov 26, 2015
      Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
    9. I didn't update on my MSD F-16, he got here, and thanks to a wonderful DoA member, the boy body I bought at a steal, matched his head to perfection. It very much looks like his body, with no resin difference, so I am very glad for that! He needs a new face and some eyes, he has a wig though, being that he is my only unfinished and secondhand Volks boy, I want to take extra care of him!

Oooh, I love all the spam btw! It is helping my (short) tedious wait for my new F-22 robot eared boy, so thanks for sharing all!

10. @vikulya_8686 I love her friendly little smile!
      @Artemos Did your boy get here yet? Hope you share him when he does, there are never enough of the robo ears around it seems.

---

My F21 and F09 are looking a little too innocent tonight. These girls may be up to something. Has anyone else ever suspected MSD carries the secretive double meaning, 'mischievious super dollfie...?' :p

[​IMG]

This size is so fun to handle. As much as I love the aesthetics of my SDs and tinies, MSD chunkiness feels great to hold and pose in an especial way. I think...I may need more x--x maybe a serious and mature-for-his-age F35 boy to keep an eye on these two. Yeah. Someday.

11. I just won a MSD F-34 head on Y!Japan and even managed to snagged a SDM body for her from here for a decent price. I'm anxiously checking the mail, so hopefully she'll be here soon.

After getting a SDM body for another one of my dolls, I've be addicted since. It's so much easier to sew for with the lower torso joint. No more weird folds in outfits around the midsection.

Anyways. I was curious if there was other MSD owners who are now in the process of switching dolls from MSD bodies to SDM? I'm two down and have three more to go and feel like I need a support group haha.

12. Thank you! Her smile is beautiful.^)

13. @evilhamster13 I haven't got him yet, thanks for checking in, I will certainly post him up asap when he does come, should be next week sometime! We always need more robot ears around here!

@tasu F-34 is such a unique sculpt to get, congratulations on winning her! I must admit however, I love both bodies. I won't switch any of my boys over, but I have both MSD and SDM boys, and I admit the SDM is a better poser, and a little less awkward to dress, but yeah, I love my boys as they are enough, and wouldn't change them. Good luck finding all those bodies though, that is quite an investment!

14. @Artemos Thank you! I love F-34 so much! She's such a sweet little face, I can't wait to see it up close.

I didn't expect to like the bodies as much as I did. But in a way my dolls tend to evolve with me and change up every now and then. SDM bodies came out at a time where I was starting to notice my Volks bodies posing weren't on par with the bodies from other companies and it made me a little sad and I was starting to contemplate hybrids, so this worked out perfectly for me. Given, it's not going to be cheap, but, it's going to be a process so I don't mind.

15. [​IMG]
      My MSD F-34 head arrived! I don't have a body or wig for her yet. She's a CN-Model in WS.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/611/23692508822_2065628c78_z.jpg

My Tsubaki, who also just arrived, is also a CN-Model.

They both have Volks face-ups and I gotta say, for the first time, I adore the default and am keeping it.

#276 tasu, Dec 17, 2015
      Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2016
    16. tasu, those face-ups are absolutely wonderful. They're so cute and have so much personality, I wouldn't want to change them either.:)

And in spite of being crazy busy for the holidays, I finally managed to get my Sato F-07 dressed to fit her character. She's not your usual "sweetness and light" Volks girl, I'm afraid...nope, Lady Marmalade is a hard core BeyBlader (an old cartoon about spinning battle tops.) She's a street kid who wears recycled patchwork clothing while battling on the Beyblade circuit.:sweat. She's new to me, but she's an older doll with her original zouks eyes and once upon a time default company face-up. I thought her slightly anime features were perfect for this character and I absolutely adore her.

[​IMG]

#277 PoeticSoul, Dec 18, 2015
      Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
    17. I just traded for an f-22 boy. I'll have to get a photo if him, but I'll admit I don't know a whole lot about Volks. My other Volks is a four sisters Kira.

I noticed he has no ears, are they hard to come by?

18. Not really no, you can find them on the sales forum with fair regularity, the only thing you may have a problem with is finding the particular ones you want. You may need to search a bit to find -the- ears you want out of the ones available. I will post some pics of my boy this week since he arrived home as a surprise New Year gift. I just got some wigs and clothes at the same time, so maybe some group photos are in order even, really really gonna post this time! >,<

19. [​IMG]
      Oh Thankyou for that! I'd love to get him cat ears.
      I got him dressed and he really is the cutest thing ever..