1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks New FCS head F38 - same as SD17 Alain?

Feb 23, 2008

1. http://www.angelden.net/fcs/heads/sd-f38.html
      it's the new F-38 head in the full choice system releasing on 15/03/08

sorry if this is a repeated thread @@
      but I was just wondering... isn't he SD17 Alain head? (from DP18)
      only that he's not smiling like Alain in the official photo

if that is so.. is F-38 gonna be fitted with SD13 body?
      or is FCS gonna start having SD17 body as an option?

2. He honestly doesn't look much like Alain to me. Maybe it's the very light photo. But I think at least the face shape, lips, and eyes are different.

3. There's always some similarity between Volks sculpts when they're released at roughly the same time but I don't see a huge likeness between what few pics I've seen of the F-38 and the Alain head I have sitting to my left. (Just an FYI, Alain's smirk is painted on, not sculpted in.;))

I think Volks knows that people are willing to scrounge up a 16 or 17 body second hand if they want to put a FCS head on a larger body, so I'm sure they will sell him on the SD13 body for now.

It's been said by Volks that there is some body type they plan to add to Sato and Sumika Full Choice this fall but whether they mean something like the SDCute body or the SD16's or 17's we can only speculate. :)

4. I have a questions, do the heads for the SD17 bodies, like Alain, really fit okay on an SD13 body, maybe with the longer legs? I keeping seeing the Alain head on ebay but am afraid to buy it if it only works on the large body. Any comments on this would sure be appreciated. Thank you!

5. I own both of these sculpts and I can Honestly tell you the F-38 Looks ABSOLUTELY NOTHING Like Alain:sweat..... The F-38 looks a little more young and inocent (of course depending on the face up) compared to Alain. Alain's face is a little more narrow and mature in my opinion:)

and dollswest the Alain head does fit on an SD13 body, there are actually plenty of people on the forums who have done this, just do an Alain search in the gallery and I'm sure you'll come up with one who's on an SD13 body;)
      ~Anthony