1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks New York Dolpa - SD13 Irvin

Apr 13, 2008

1. He is gorgeous. Now I am really sad.

I cannot go in June at all..... I hope Volks will release someone equally gorgeous for the next Dolpa in US

2. Perhaps it's just the photo...but it looks as if he's been into my daughter's day glo orange fake and bake:lol:

Nice to see a big elf gentleman though;)

3. Anavel, don't lose hope! I'm sure not every person attending the Dolpa will want this guy. Perhaps you can arrange for somebody to try to get him for you? I myself will not be going, but I'm hoping I can count on somebody to help me adopt him. (This happened at the last NY Dolpa, which I also did not attend, when thesaraghina very generously helped me get my Masha!)

4. Am posted a much nicer, non-orange photo here in the News thread.

I, uhh, think I might be trying for him. I mean, I *do* love tan boys. And quite like the Lucai sculpts as well. :XD:

5. Oh my god, his robe is PERFECT! I wish I could figure out how to make that thing!

6. I like the fact that Volks made him in ebony skin. We need more dark skinned dolls. ;)

7. :fangirl: A part of me wishes he was on SD17 body..but he is beautiful nonetheless ~~**~* !!:aheartbea

8. Oh wow, looks like word from Pat Henry (again, in the news thread) is that he'll be extremely limited. I hope I'm lucky enough to get him! :eek:

9. He's lovely. I haven't seen many of the darker tans coming from Volks, so he's more unique. Cool.

10. I absolutely love the way they have styled him. And the fact that he is an elf. And that he is ebony skinned. I think Volks did an amazing job with him, he is a beauty. That said, the Chris/Lucas head isn't really for me, but I said that last year about Masha too.

11. Ugh, he's so beautiful! I'm dying for him, but I doubt I can make it across the country to him. XD

Waaaant. ^^;

12. Wow he's gorgeous, I hope they keep using this skintone! It's a shame the US limiteds seem to be such tiny editions!

13. I plan to be at the door waiting for him, with shackels if I have to. XD

14. T_T so... only people who attend the event are able to order this handsome boy?
      or will there be a lotto later? T__T

15. Only people who attend the avent and are subscribers to FDQ. That is how every FDQ limited doll at the NY dolpa has been done so far.

16. Damn, that is quite unfortunate. I can do 1 of the two hah... (cant really make it to NY from where I am)

17. He's absolutely gorgeous *___* I won't be going to the event either but I just have to have him so I'll post a WTC in the marketplace and see if there's anyone kind enough to pick him up for me..

I just love his skintone and the squinty eyes and it's Lucas and the ears and the fact that he's on long legs..he's just perfect *love*

I hope anyone rooting for him will be able to get him!

18. I'm glad I don't like him. Not a fan of the darker skintone. So, not sad I can't go this time. I would kill for a Lucas elf in white or NS, however!

I would like to see them offer more choice at the US dolpas, like howabout 2 different dolls? A yo and a bigger doll, or an MSD and a SD17 boy? Seems to me this would satisfy a larger range of BJD tastes...

19. I think many people were surprised that this year's limited was even a boy since the last two were girls. FDQ are the ones who decide on the doll I believe.

And Rao, I'm not sure anyone could promise to get that boy for you. He is a FDQ limited, which means he's on a lottery type basis, and buyers have to be FDQ subscribers. They then see if you qualify, and if you do they let you know and you have the chance to buy him. He won't ship out until a month later, you don't get him during dolpa.