1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Pureskin Resin Matches/ Hybrids

Aug 13, 2007

1. I'm wanting to get a normal skin Angell Studio doll, and it says that it matches volks pureskin. I tried doing a search on the pureskin skin comparison, but with all the new skins popping out, I'm getting confused as to which still matches and all >_<

anyone has any idea?

I'm looking for those with a mature body too. Does it match dollzone?

2. Yep, it matches. Here's a Volks Hewitt II head on an Angell-Studio body. But you need to get the Angell-Studio in urethane so that the texture of the resin matches.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And some more pictures here.

3. lol thanks chien ;D

I was actually meaning, what other skin colours matches Volks Pureskin? Cos I wish to put her on some other body than volks or AS >w<

4. In that case I have no idea! It sounds like there are a number of moments when something used to match Volks... hrmm... Apparently RealSkin isn't too off-- it's just a tad lighter and with a hint of yellow/pink (I can't remember). It definitely sounds like something that could be evened-out with blushing. 8D

5. Is putting a Volks SDC head on Kid Delf body possible?

6. As soon as I find the time, I'll put Arashi's head on Bory's body. I dont think it will work for a resin match, but for size it would probably be okay.

7. I remember hearing somewhere that Volks is similar to Soom, which is dead-on to Domuya. :XD: If it helps?

8. Dollzone has a body color they call "normal yellow" which you can try to special order.

Volks + Dollzone Normal Yellow hybrid:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2648927#post2648927
      Thread about it
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2648865#post2648865

There may be more - search the whole forum for Posts (not threads) containing:
      dollzone volks hybrid

Re Angell Studio - the plain urethane resin color shown above seems to match Volks but didn't Angell Studio switch their dolls to french resin? Where did I read that?

Carolyn

9. Hi! I am buying a Volks SDCute girl head without a body and was curious if there are any good body alternatives to the stock Volks SDCute body (since they're not very easy to get a hold of).

I'm looking for a good resin match, neck proportion and good posability.

Thanks!

10. Thanks for the links Ginarolo :) I saw a boy SDCute head in there but I'm hoping someone has good bodies for the girl SDCute heads.

11. I have Volks pureskin head and its almost perfect for Dollzone normal skin (a little bit yellowed). I can't se any visible differences. But as I said, my Dollzone body is quite yellow

12. I have a Volks msd body that's about to become headless, the Dollstown Seola head is going to grow up to the DT 7yo body. I'd like to get a new head to make another hybrid, but not sure what will match. Any suggestions? I'm particularly interested in a Leeke head, or Raurencio Studio head. I prefer younger looking heads. Thanks for any help! :)

13. I'd love to know if a Leeke head would work with this body. Anyone have any ideas? :)

14. Thank you for the link, I'll check out that thread. I know Volks heads would work, but I was looking for a head I could just order from a company and not have to troll the marketplace hoping to find one for sale. :)

15. Ahh, thank you for the info and the links, it's much appreciated! :)

16. anyone have a comparison of Peakswoods and Volks NS?? I might wanna put my Dollgru #12 head on the new lolita body from peakswoods! and Dollgru matches Volks xD so either way! some kind of comparison please!