1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks School Head C

Oct 23, 2006

1. I adore the Volks School Head C - but i dont recall ever having seen a beauty white School head C, only normal skin ones ~~ does the School head C comes in BW? Does anyone know?

2. It comes in just normal skin, unless of course if Volks uses the mold for one-offs then there may be white skinned ones as well (but good luck finding such a doll).

Cheers,
      Sera~

3. Ahh well, that's what i thought... sadly no BW School Head C for this girl then!

Thank you for your help <3

4. You're welcome, I'm in the process of putting together a Sch C girl too ^_^

Sera~

5. You have beautiful dolls~~ good luck with your project :)

6. So, now that I'm in Japan, I have definite plans to drop by Sato one day and take the painting class so I can get my long-desired School C head. However, Kyoto is a bit of a ride from Tokyo, and I don't want to go alllll the way over there if I'm not going to be getting my C head.

Volks' English website is severely lacking in anything even remotely resembling information, and I can't read much Japanese, but from what I've gathered ALL of the painting classes listed on the Japanese site (http://www.volks.co.jp/jp/volks/tenshinosato/reserve.aspx
      ) are ONLY selling A and B heads. From what little I've seen of the barely-there Dolpa 16 site, their painting class isn't selling Cs either.

Can someone who either knows more kanji than me or knows what's going on tell me what's happening? I don't want to resort to buying a drastically overpriced head from Y!J, and I'd like the experience of the painting class as well.

Apologies if this has already been discussed. Every time I try to do a search I get some kind of weird server error.

7. I was hoping to bring home a School C head as well in the near future (though presumably from Y!J), but this doesn't bode well... :(

8. School C is a limited classroom head sold at Dolpa15 in May 2006
      I believe you can now only purchase through YJA or marketplace on doll boards

9. ...Weren't they selling them at Sato painting classes for a while though?

I swear I saw somewhere that they had sold them at Sato. I don't think I imagined it. O_o

Edit. They were at Dolpa 14...http://www.volks.co.jp/jp/event/dolpa14/dsc_c.html

10. School C isn't normally an overpriced head, you can usually find them for around $300.

11. Weren't they like Y20000-ish originally though? If that's the case, then that's a decent markup... though not half as bad as most Volks dolls, admittedly.

Ideally I'd like to find one for about $250. I'll keep crossing my fingers, I guess.

(It occurs to me that I can't remember where I got ANY of this information.)

12. $250 is possible on eBay or DoA, but with fees from Yahoo!Japan it'd probably be a lot more difficult.

13. Volks sells A & B or A & C, it's random.
      They didn't stop making (selling) C Heads.
      So please don't worry :) You will be able to get C Head someday!

14. So there's really no way to tell which heads they'll have at any given class except to show up and see for yourself?

Well. That's frustrating. >>;

15. Well, it seems Dolpa's schools usually have A&C, Sato faceup schools A&B.
      I don't know why this time they chose A&B, but C's market price isn't so high and we can often see at auctions.
      Good luck to you ;)

16. Eee, thanks. Just my luck that they chose A & B NOW. Well, I'll still be here for the next Dolpa in May, maybe I'll either luck out then or break down and buy a head off Y!J.

Thanks for the help, everyone!!

17. When they opened faceup school in Kobe (I participated in it), the paper for it said they would sell A & C, but in fact they sold A & B at that thime :sweat
      It seems Volks sometimes do such mistakes. So there is a bare possibility of mistake, too :sweat (I recalled it suddenly~.)

Anyway, I wish you can get one soon and by a reasonable price ;)

18. And just so you know, getting in the face-up class is not always easy. ^^;;

I planned to be on vacation in Japan when a face-up class was offered and I did not get in. ^^;;

I believe, if you're not fluent in Japanese you're less likely to get accepted since space is limited.

You are also required to have certain supplies with you for the classes at Sato. (I think the Sato classes are smaller and you actually paint a head yourself during the class, while the Dolpa class is larger and more a talk with slides. I've applied to both and not gotten into either. ^^ )

19. If you can't purchase one at a painting class, I suggest keeping an eye out for a private sale such as here or eBay. I snagged a Sch C head for $235 including international shipping, and it even had a decent face-up by a Yahoo!JP artist, though I wiped it as it wasn't what I wanted or really to my liking, but that's besides the point ^^

Sera~