1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Souji - anybody got problems with the wig?

May 11, 2008

1. I'm not sure if this should be here but.....
      --

My friend and I have a Souji and we tried to put his clothes and wig on.
      but his wig is a little strange (well, at least I think it's kinda strange)
      the size is right, but there is some space between his back head and wig
      (it seems like a DD size head wearing a SD size wig)
      we can't move him around 'cause his pony tail is too heavy and will drag the whole wig off his head.
      and endless short hair falling off from the wig when brushing......

[​IMG]
      Souji's back head....

anybody else has these problems?

2. I have both an Amakusa and an Okita and they both have near identical wigs and both are slightly temperamental. From what I've experienced it's just a case of figuring out what works for you to get it stable by messing with it but yeah, it's not a great wig to work with.

I find that putting on the headband does help keep it on but yeah, I guess I'm glad I never really planned to keep my boys default very often. Good luck with it.

3. Maybe a velvet/wig grip helps to keep the wig from falling. All my boys have it on their heads since most of them use long heavy wigs, and I don't have any problems with falling wigs anymore. :3

The thing with the picture is that the wig is too much... 'in the front'. With the wig grip you'll be able to 'push' him down a little, without the with falling.

I hope it helped... ;-; I don't have Volks wigs and dunno if that works in it. ^^' (and sorry for the crappy english >.<)

4. A friend of mine suggested using that self-stick fabric bandage wrap to make wigs stay on. It's about an inch wide. I tried it on my SoulDoll Lune.

[​IMG]

Now his fur wig doesn't budge. And my other dolls' wigs don't ride up on the crown of their heads any more. This stuff works GREAT.

[​IMG]

The tape doesn't stick to anything except itself. By the way, I found a version that says it is latex free, if anyone is allergic. I will be watching it closely, though, to make sure it doesn't have an adverse reaction when applied to resin.

Linda S.
      galatia9

5. You said you'd keep an eye on it, how's it going so far? :)