1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Super Dollfie Midi Discussion part 1

Feb 7, 2013

1. Has there ever been a compilation of all the SDM models that were available on VOLKS USA full choice system?
      Kind of wondering what was made available previously.

2. So, I don’t own one of these, but I’m wondering how they compare in size to a doll that I do own and—more to the point—whether I could dress her in Midi clothes. What are their chest, waist, and hip measurements? I know that the DDM has smaller measurements than my doll, but this doll seems a little bit bigger and more child-like? DDM is like a preteen whereas these darlings look more like grade schoolers. However, the Volks website is maddeningly devoid of any actual measurements, aside from their 40cm height (my own doll is 41cm tall).

3. Is there anywhere that shows all the SDM headmold sizes in terms of head circumferences? I would like to know to see how they would look relative to my other dolls.

4. Has anyone heard news about when Noa might get a restock for the US site? I've been eyeing her for a while and I think I'd really like to get her when she comes back!

5. @lunar-dream304 Someone above mentioned that Volks usually does big restocks in early summer, June or July, which would most likely be when she will restock. All the event items (including Liselotte and Luna) are also due to arrive in June, so hopefully that would be it!

6. Hey everyone! so in anticipation of dollpa I went on Buyee and got myself my very first volks, f-20 head and sdc body. Does anyone have this kind of hybrid? I'm so scared it won't work out...esp in terms of skin color. If anyone could post pics I would really really appreciate it!

7. Hi there! :aangel:
      Did you had any reply to your question? Cause I am also curious ab the head size of the SD versus MSD Volks dolls. Thanks!

8. MSD is 8 inches and SD10 and SD13 girls are 9 inches. This is not written in stone is varies a little but that there is a good inch difference in head size. They do make good younger sisters size wise.

9. Thank you so much! Do you think that a head from a SD would fit also a MSD body?

10. If you wanted to put an SD head onto a MSD body, you would have to modify the neck hole much smaller to fit. Maybe check the wiki here to verify the neck circumference of each doll size. Boy SD heads usually also have larger neck holes.

11. No. To get an idea of the scale difference, you can see SDM vs SD here:
      https://volksusastore.com/onlinefcs/images/fcs/img_whs02.jpg
      An SD head will look huge on an MSD or SDM body, if you manage to get it to fit at all.

#791 Nell, Jul 22, 2019
      Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    12. Thank you! I wonder if it will look too big...but I guess that 1 inch is not that big difference.

I will never know :( is a shame i can't do a test - I don't have any of these dolls yet.

#792 alehandrita, Jul 22, 2019
      Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2019
    13. NO would look much too large!

If you look up dear volks body you might like it. The body is chunkier than the SDM but not as tall as the SD. That body can take SD and SD13 heads. Although they will always seem slightly large.

On the down side it's a hard to get body/doll and only available by lottery once in a blue moon. Here is an old post:
      Limited Items - 【VOLKS USA】 Dear Super Dollfie® March 2017 Lottery!
      You can't just buy this body. They do come up in the second hand market place from time to time. Not inexpensive though due to rarity.

HERE great page with lots of info that will help you to see sizes and also the SDM and the Dear body compared to others.

Тини размера МСД :: LIANA HOME :: @дневники: асоциальная сеть

#793 TreeLore, Jul 23, 2019
      Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    14. hi everyone, just a general question. What size of the eye is everyone's favorite? 14mm?

15. Wow that is a great bjd size database! :aheartbea:aheartbea:aheartbeaThank you!:aheartbea:aheartbea:aheartbea
      I cannot apply for the Lottery :...( as I am not in USA ( I live in Europe and Volks have no events here....unfortunately)
      But I do love the MSD size better as you can easily take your doll with you everywhere.
      My dream is to visit Japan visit Volks shops, second hand shops and buy whatever my eye likes there!

16. @at11954 We usually use 16mm for this size. I've seen 18mm used to great effect as well, but 14mm tends to be a little too small for Volks' MSD size.

17. Hina is my favourite sculpt of the new standard models. If I were to buy one, I hope I'd get the long reddish wig. That colour looks really pretty with her purple eyes. Hina is one of the childlike mini dolls with stylized faces that I might get in the future. How do you think SD midi compares to similar-looking dolls from other companies?

18. Gosh, I hope that Volks USA does another online FCS for the SDM's soon! :D The last one was for the big dolls, so I'm crossing my fingers. I have my eye on a couple of sculpts and am hoping to not have to try and find a FCS shopping service.

@Allie27 ~ Hina is so cute and I adore her eyes! I only own a MSD (Nasia), but they are extremely similar in size to the SDM. IMHO, Volks minis tend to be more child-like than most other companies' "child-like" minis. Their head/body proportions and thicker, undeveloped bodies make them great as little kids (say, 5-8 years old). I've noticed that a lot of child-like minis have cute young faces but with proportions more like tweens or teens -- smaller heads and slimmer bodies with obvious signs that puberty has started, basically.

IMHO, some similarly child-like dolls would be Dikadoll, Bluefairy, Daydream, and the younger looking Luts Kid Delfs (such as Yeondu and Steen) -- these companies all offer a child-like body option (or at least did at some point).

19. @Dolly Unfortunately FCS isn't super likely - even if we do get an October set it'll probably be SD16/SDGr like it has been the past few years. We probably won't see SDM FCS again until March at the earliest unless they do something special for the anniversary.

20. @ekala ~ thank you so much for the info -- and that link is super helpful! I have an SD16 on my wishlist as well, so I suppose it is actually good news for me if they aren't both offered at the same time. :XD: I shall just have to be patient for an SDM FCS. <3