1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Super Dollfie Midi Discussion part 1

Feb 7, 2013

1. Thank you for your help.

2. Does anyone happen to have photos of Noa without bangs, preferably a middle parting?

My birthday is coming up and I'd initially planned on getting her because I've wanted her forever, but now I worry she may not be suited for a bang-less, middle parted wig, which is what I wanted her to wear (I don't really like bangs). Her eyebrows are kind of tiny so I wonder if a middle part would make her look strange too. :/ Decisions decisions.

3. I really need some help...

My friend is looking to get a used Volks SD midi KATAOKA RYOTARO. I’m trying to help her to get some specs on this, but I can’t seem to find anything on him.
      Or if I can, it’s all in Japanese.

I’m looking to know if he’s a string doll or has an internal skeleton? What his skin tone is?? How tall is he?? What clothes will fit him??? Stuff like that. Even a size comparison would help to know what clothes to look for.

Does anyone know where I can look for more info on him?? Or can send me some info on him?? I’d really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance...

4. He is a regular sdm sized doll with SDMB-L-01 leg, so all the sizes are gonna be the same as other sdm boy dolls around 43cm.

I haven't seen any specific measurement released for sdm boys anywhere tho.

He wears 14mm eyes and normal skin color (which is now called fair).

He'll be able to wear any boy volks clothes labeled for sdm, most of the clothes labelled for msd would still fit sdm too as long as they're not too tight for msd.

5. Kind of want to see everybody's mini volks doll with a company vs your doll comparison picture

[​IMG]

6. Especially SDM Hina, F29

I just really love seeing them and I can’t get enough.

My sdm Hina is arriving Saturday

7. I wish Volks USA accepted Paypal for their FCS dolls, as they do for their standard models.

8. Are people using the combined group page instead of this one? Thanks!

9. Pretty much

10. Thank you :)

11. https://flic.kr/p/2jsFcrX

I love sdm momo but I’m not sure what going on with her mouth. Is it teeth I see or her tongue?

12. I have a feeling it's teeth. If you want to see the sculpt in different faceups. Check out this Instagram tag: Login • Instagram

13. Volks announced new SDMidi boys with new bodies/knees - I can’t find a picture for that but here’s the official photo of the announcement from Volks:

Meet Gilbert and Eric

[​IMG]

14. I am SO in love with them, and definitely at least need the one on the right. The Boys' Dormitory series if my favorite Volks series.

15. Got the FCS muscled arm. Excited to find out more about new bodies. They are adorable.

#816 ginarolo, Nov 10, 2020
      Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
    16. I'm a fan of Gilbert, reminds me of mini version of Michele and Rigel. But alas... don't have plan for another doll... >_< I might try to get my hands on the set outfit if I see it....

17. Interested in seeing the new body.

18. @PinkBear Thank you for posting this! I was hoping this would spark some activity here.
      Both of these sculpts really look like adaptations of other sculpts, and I particularly like Eric just from first glance, can't wait to see more images!

I saw a post about Kamimura and Kataoka, anyone know what that was about? Was it just an anniversary or were they hinting at something?

So many people have MSD/SDM but it just doesn't get a lot of attention on DoA for some odd reason~

19. @Artemos I know!! I agree with you, it's quite odd. SDMs are so incredibly cute and delicate. Volks sculpted them with such care, they're like little children.

I'm very biased though, because they're my favorite of the MSD sizes (not mature ones, like Fairyland Minifees).

I find them absolutely precious and I'm surprised they don't get the attention here on DOA!