1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Super Dollfie Midi Discussion part 1

Feb 7, 2013

1. I'm so happy to see some new SDM boys. Gilbert and Eric are really cute! :D

2. Aww, they are so precious! Volks makes such sweet childlike minis. :D I've been wanting to get an SDM for ages, but I'm not so sure about those muscley forearms.

A new body sounds interesting too, I can't wait to see it! Maybe it will have a thigh joint like the SDC boy body. I used to have one of those, and he was such a solid little poser.

3. Does anybody know if the standard SDmidi girls from Volksusa has seams already pre-sanded off? I'm debating if I should order from the international website or the US one and it seems that the standard Volks Mini girls have an option for getting rid of the parting line on Volks' International site.

4. Volks takes the worst of the edge off but no, they don’t come with seams sanded and finished.
      If you want them removed you’ll need to order from the international site and select that option.

5. Ah I see. Much thanks for that info! :)

6. Wanted to show off some new wigs I got for my 33

None of the previous short hair wigs I got really worked for him, I think these two work good.

Just need to figure out how to make it look less messy XD

[​IMG]

https://i.imgur.com/ypOlmDq.jpg?1

#826 asatou, Jan 22, 2021
      Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2021
    7. I have a two MSD sized Volks dolls and I love the Midi body, its so cute and poses well. Would love to get the SD Michelle sculpt in Midi size, it would be adorable on the Midi body! Does Volks take suggestions or do surveys for that kind of thing?

8. From what I understand it is not very likely. However, Volks does produce a lot of FCS midi heads, and some of them sometimes resemble popular SD heads (although not official) :)

9. It's time! The arrival month of my August FCS order! I got a SDM f-45 in pureskin white.

Anyone else waiting on their August order?

10. I am, as well! I ordered a whiteskin SDM F-40 ♥

11. Yes, ordered a whiteskin SDM F-45. So excited!

12. Just ordered a SDM Momo off of Volks' site. This feels... big. Like I've bought more expensive dolls but my first Volks? I'm really excited.

13. My Momo arrived!

[​IMG]

14. After spending a day with my Momo, I really love how she's constructed. The limbs don't feel tight but they pose really well. Her hands are super, super easy to change which is amazing! I like how her torso locks in place at a certain angle for extra stability. I just wish I had gotten a different wig. :sweat

But that can wait for next time. :sneaky

15. Thread revival!

Volks USA opened a FCS order window until March 10th and I got a suntan F33 little lady on order. I didn't opt for the seam sanding but the coating apparently means they spray the whole doll in MSC matte for protection?

I am new to ordering directly from Volks so I just assumed this is what they mean.

I am so excited for my first Volks MSD!

16. Yay I also just put in my FCS order, an F45! She will be my third Midi sculpt, I fell in love with the body and face sculpts of Midis and decided the girls could have one more sister :) She will have L02 legs though so she can stand oh so slightly taller than the other two.

Also the spray they use, yes I am pretty sure it is MSC or something similar. I like the extra UV protection and it’s got a nice matte finish.

17. We're waiting together then ❤️
      Thank you for the information! I know Volks resin has improved in protection against yellowing in their formula a while ( long time ago ) back. I guess I can spray her once she arrives.

Is suntan really dark? It's hard to tell if you haven't seen it in person but owner pics can wash out the suntan color so I am not sure.

18. @Manda_Chan Congratulations! No, Volks Sunlight is really pale compared to many tan resins. It's like... a warm day in the sun haha. But it's beautiful!

19. @kuro thank you! I have a very dark Bambicrony tan and a lighter Corbidoll tan and I love the subltness of Volks Sunlight.

I'm pretty stoked about a brand new doll from the company since I normally buy second hand so this will be an experience ❤️