1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Super Dollfie Midi Discussion part 1

Feb 7, 2013

1. Interesting...This is the first time I heard about it. I wonder if anyone else here encountered the same issue. If you bought from Volks directly I'm sure you can reach out too, especially the stringing issue they probably can fix and check if the parts are ok and if it's defected causing the flopping you mentioned. (I had an FCS before that had a wrong leg part so the doll couldn't stand properly and Volks replaced the leg and reassembled the body for me.)
      The wig problem depends on the style you pick probably but I also have their FCS wig before and they look beautiful, sorry to hear about yours.
      Japan FCS order is never opened to people who does not have address in Japan, because they are not shipping it outside of Japan so it's like a specialty for people living there :)

2. No it is not about joints or restringing, it is the resin and you can look up EB 黄変 if you have never heard about it.

3. EB 黄変 is yellowing in English. All resin yellows. Early Volks dolls yellowed more quickly, but the modern ones are much more stable. The skin tone has changed some over the years, but on the whole, Volks' resin is much more reliable that some other doll companies out there.

4. There’s a special resin mix called Ever Beauty that’s more expensive than Pure Skin but supposedly more resistant to yellowing. Apparently not everyone thinks so.

5. I don’t know how the dolls were stored etc but the photos I’ve seen of EB after a few years are not good compared to similar aged regular resin.

I don’t think it’d impact the other issues (posing, joint fit, etc) but if the resin is more smooth it might be more prone to slipping. If it’s heavier it could impact the weight of the elastic needed.

6. I've also heard this problem about Ever Beauty particularly the WS. I'm sorry about your experience maiyufi and how it has put you off of Volks dolls. It seems like this gimmick may have been more experimental than they let on.

7. If you are a GL member, Volks’ website has a preview of SDM Saki, Coco, and Chiyo. There are 10th anniversary editions releasing at the April Dolpa, and regular editions releasing afterwards in Japan at least - maybe Volks USA will get them too?

I’m looking forward to seeing more images, they’re really cute!

8. Where do you find this on the website? I’m a GL member but can’t seem to locate it.

9. The limited edition of SDM Saki, Coco, and Chiyo are all in white skin and the regular release will be normal skin.

I like Chiyo limited wig, but not quite interest in all of those 3 sculpts. They don't look distinctively different from each other like what Momo, Hina, Noa impressed me :huh?:

10. These girls make such adorable SDM's! Saki is a must have though Chiyo and Coco are also very tempting. So glad the NS versions will be standards!

At first I thought they looked rather same-y, but looking at the small pic of the standard versions, I think that is mostly because the LE's are all styled very similarly with the same general tones and color scheme. The standards look more like themselves, if that makes any sense.

11. I absolutely adore them, to me all three are must haves :love happy they're standards as well, and that the standards are made up just as cutely as the LEs! trying to work on doll wardrobes before growing the family, so it's great not to feel rushed:celebrate

12. Is there any indication that the new releases would be purchasable from the Volks USA website at some point? I'm not sure how releases like this work. I'd love to own a Saki, she's really cute.

13. The Standard models have always come to Volks USA eventually so the Standard version of these likely will as well.

14. [​IMG]

My 2 Midis (standard model Hina and F18 on a sdm suwarriko body) and MSD F01 and YoTenshi Yuki hanging out as well!

:D