1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks YoSD and YoTenshi Discussion part 7

Jan 3, 2015

1. New girlie, haven't decided on a name yet. Plus, this thread had fallen way back to page 5, so time to post.
      [​IMG]
      Sei SDBJD
      by clochette62, on Flickr

2. Congrats on your new girl! She is very cute. :daisy

3. Just went home and had the chance to play with my girls !

This is Elia, now she's finished ! II think she's wonderful but I can't take some good pict from her, it's so frustrating !

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

#403 Mylene, Nov 5, 2016
      Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
    4. Pretty girl...I love her wig! Where did you get it?

5. What a sweetheart! She makes me want to work on my YoSD Kira.

6. [​IMG]

My sister found a cute little Charlie Brown Christmas tree kit at our local Wal-Mart. It’s great for tinies!

Daphne and her dolly both had a lot of fun decorating it… if you can call a single ornament “decorating." :whee:

7. I just got my yosd Lin girl so I think it would be nice to order her a new wig as well. I searched the forum and saw that yosd wig size is 6-7inch. So, I ordered Leeke wigs for her in 6-7inch but when I tried them it seems all of them doesn't seem to fit her head that well?? I mean I could get them 'in' but I have to use such force on the doll and the wig plus, if I touch the wig even slightly it would pop out. (This is without a heapcap!)

Has anybody also had this problem? or maybe Lin's head is somehow bigger than other yosd mold??

**asked this in newbie's section but would love to get some help from here as well**

8. I'm sorry this happened to you. :(

I don't own YoSD Lin, but I do own YoSD Kira and her head is larger than my other non-Volks tinies. She can wear 7-8" pretty easily (with or without wig cap), while some 6-7" are way too tight for her. Leekeworld wigs don't offer much stretch, either... they are closer to 6-6.5", at least in my experience.

You mention you're able to put the wig on your Lin, but it'll pop off if you touch it---I wonder if a headband of some sort could help the wig stay put?

Hopefully someone who owns a Lin will be able to help you further. :daisy Congrats on your sweet girl's arrival!

9. @PeppermintPocky I love the Charlie Brown tree! :treecookie That's the kind of tree my destructive Yos would manage.

@Amitie you might try a rubber band... if you don't want to stick anything on the dolls' head, a rubber band is good for giving the wig some grip without taking up much space. Otherwise, that Volks pittato wig stopper tape (or a little velcro) works great.

10. @PeppermintPocky @JennyNemesis
      Thank you so much! I'm kinda new in this hobby so could you tell me more about how I could use a headband/ rubber band to help? like do you put it on like a head cap?
      I have a rubber band in my house now but it's in red and black. I'm afraid of using it as sometimes it can melt and get stuck on plastic so I don't know if it will be the same for resin. Also, I'm guessing the band should be transparent or light colour to avoid straining too. right?
      Volks tape might be a little too pricey for me but thank you for the suggestion!

11. @Amitie welcome to the world of VOLKS YoSD! :kitty2: To answer your question, you'd put the rubberband around your doll's head. I usually follow the head cap seam – and you'll probably want a fatter rubberband rather than a thin one. Hope that helps! :D

12. Yes, sorry - - just stretch a wide elastic around the forehead, following the seam. I use those big wide pink ones that come on a bunch of broccoli. :whee: I haven't had problems with the pink rubber staining anything.

Re 'melting', all latex has a pretty short shelf life, so just replace the rubber band when you notice it's losing its stretch or getting sticky.

13. Thank you, everyone for your help! A little update on rubberband advice, I tried it today and it didn't work. The thing is that the wig is so tight you can't even sneak a rubber band in there! At this point, I'm considering trading the wig to some other wig brand(I can't access the marketplace yet so, it might have to be in FB groups).

Anybody has an advice on wig company I should be asking to trade with? (preferably same price/quality range)

@spindlewood Thank you! kinda hope my first post in this thread would not be like this haha! but I'll introduce my girl here soon whenever I can fix her wig stuation+take good pics XD

14. I think Yos just have bigger pumpkin heads than other brands of tinies... Volks wigs are a pretty sure thing, fit-wise. You might also try a wig brand with a really stretchy cap like Jpopdolls or Monique.

Other emergency stop-gap wig-holding tricks:
      - Double-stick tape, just above the 'hairline' (front of wigcap) and at the base of the skull. It offers a little grip.
      - Dot of velcro at the crown on the head, other side of velcro inside wig.
      - Cut the wigband.

I've never tried to buy non-Volks Yo-sized wigs, I now realize! I like these guys' Tokyo Boys defaults too much. :D I always keep a cloth wig-cap on underneath Volks black/dark-dyed wigs, because they will stain like mad, so Taki's Shiro-default wig likes to creep off during a photoshoot. I've got to put a layer of doublestick tape in there, because his wig is snug, but there's no way he's wearing it without a wigcap.

These guys eat way too much sugar.

[​IMG]

15. @Amitie My boy Yuuya sports a wig by Spite & Malice. She has a size listed specially for VOLKS YoSD. :XD: I use Yuuya's magnetic horns to keep it on, though I did use a rubberband before that :sweat I haven't had any issues with LeekeWorld wigs fitting my Yo's.

16. My Saki, she was my first Volks YoSD :daisy

[​IMG]

17. Lady Kanna, your Saki is a cutie!

I just wanted to share a photo of my cute little Sofia who is an Elena. :chibi

[​IMG]

#417 chazzi, Jan 22, 2017
      Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
    18. Also different sculpts have slightly different sized heads, which makes it that much harder and more confusing! Thanks Volks...

So what fits one head may be too big or too small for another.
      For example, if a wig fits a Suzuna tightly it won't fit a Hinata or one of the even bigger melon headed sculpts like Kasumi.

19. chazzi, your Sofia looks so adorable in her bear hat and thank you! :daisy

spindlewood, thank you! :daisy