1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks YoSD and YoTenshi Discussion part 7

Jan 3, 2015

1. i am waiting for a Neon mouse, i was lucky to get the last one on volks international site and just got the message that he was shipped.

i must confess he was kinda an impulse buy as i was just looking for dd eyes, but when i saw him on the site i could not help but think he would be perfect for a rat. and he was low stock so was so afraid to regret if he sold out if i hesitated some days.

i am naming him Chipper after one of my pet rats i had a long time ago.

@shiroiku he is so cute.

2. I order a mako last lastmonth on US Volks website. It will be arrive in early June. Can't Wait To See her.

3. I miss the chance to order Dai, really sad for that.:(

4. Thanks for all the compliments guys, this sculpt is really much more adorable in person, my photos don't do Hiroki any justice! Good luck to everyone waiting on their Dai/Mako, you're definitely gonna fall in love when they arrive. :love

@shadow_catty Chipper is an adorable name, they had him on display at Tenshi No Sato and he looked very smart in that little outfit!

@CDStony you can always use a shopping service in Japan like Japonica or From Japan to pick him up since he's still in stock on the volks japanese website here and ship him to you, no worries!

5. Thanx!

6. You're very welcome! They had Dai & Mako on display, ready to be picked up in both of the stores I went to & it broke my heart a little they were still waiting on a home :...(

Feel free to pm me if you need help, I got my Dai via a shopping service too. :3nodding:

7. @CDStony, if Dai is still in stock on the Volks International website, you can make an account there and order him directly. You don't need a shopping service for that. You can change the page to be in English at the top of the page. However, I'm not sure if Dai/Mako are actually in stock, or if there's a second lottery? I put Dai in my cart just to check and it doesn't say "Check Out" at the end, it says "Entry Procedure." I didn't want to accidentally buy one so I didn't proceed, but in the past I've bought in-stock dolls from the Volks International website without any shopping service. Worth a try before you pay the additional fee that happens with a shopping service!

@shiroiku, your Dai is a little cutie! :D

My YoSD Kanata, Sofie, (and her sisters) got all dressed up recently!
      [​IMG]

8. Mako and Dai are both in stock, not a lottery. The “entry procedure” came up when we bought our Kanon and Renee when they were still in stock.

9. @snowgrey all your girls all look amazing in those intricate kimonos & kanzashi. Her glitter eyes are absolutely gorgeous as well, they look like a mini flurry of flower petals! :D:love:D:love

10. My Yo Mako and Dai arrived from Volks USA yesterday! I was baffled by the big shipping box for two Yos, and a little more baffled when I first opened the box and saw Midi-size boxes -- first thought was, did they goof and send me Midi Mako and Dai? :nowords::sweat I haven't bought a new Limited Yo in a while, so I don't know when Volks made the box change. It reminds me how older Souldoll MSDs came in the same size box as their SDs. Perhaps a kind of cost-cutting measure, not having so many different box sizes?

Anyway, Yo Mako and Dai are so cute; I like them better than their original Midi versions! Besides the double joint elbow, I noticed little nubs and holes in their shoulder sockets, to help them hold positions. Not sure if that's new starting with them, but it's a further nice touch :3nodding:

11. Mako is the first one I've received with this size box. The Alice from Dollpa in September came in a standard size Yo box, so I imagine it must be a recent change.

I love the new tweaks in the arms/legs, I just wish there had been an option to choose the 2-part body for the girl instead of only the 1-part.

12. @shiroiku, thank you!

RE: boxes, my secondhand Cool Kyoto Megu came in an MSD-sized box, though at the time I assumed it was because Koname would be stored in that box as well. I think the 15th anniversary Megu also had a Koname and a big box? YoMidi Williams also came in an MSD-sized box, which made sense because he could go on an Midi body. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

13. I've never seen a Midi or MSD Volks size box so I wasn't sure, but yeah when I got my YoMidi Williams last year at LA Dolpa, I did think his box was kind of big. Not a bad thing though because of the extra space for clothes and stuff.

14. I don't own any of the Midi head Yos, so I will take your word for it :) . I must say I was a little surprised that Mako's clothing and wig were not stored in the empty "filler" storage area in the box for shipment.

15. My YoMidi Akira came in the larger box. But he had a lot of stuff that came with him (2 outfits, extra hands/feet, wig, wings, etc)

16. My anniversary Megu and komame set came in the larger box, as did my mouse Kanon.

17. can anybody with a yosd mako/dai confirm if the sculpt has teeth or not?

i know that they do on the msd size, although i think the default faceup leaves them unpainted.

18. I don’t have one but I’m pretty sure they have teeth. I do have a YoMegu and she has teeth identical to the big ones.
      Volks miniaturization of the bigger sculpts so far has reproduced the face details pretty perfectly so I don’t think it’s likely they would leave out Mako/Dai’s cute teeth.

19. that’s great to hear! for some reason i’m obsessed with sculpts with teeth. it’s such a fun detail, especially when they’re so small!

thanks for the info!