1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks YoSD and YoTenshi Discussion part 7

Jan 3, 2015

1. Once upon a time i had twins... I still have the rengemaru girl on the left. Her name is Haruhi

[​IMG]haruhiandyostuba008 by Irene, on Flickr

2. I got to go on a trip to Japan and of course stopped at Tenshi no Sato! That place is incredible, and my YoSD Nono got to come with me because she is the only doll that is anything close to travel size. They have lots of furniture you can pose your dolls on, so here she is resting with Stormy the cat. [​IMG]

3. Gave my Yos some love recently

[​IMG]

4. Can anyone of you confirm that a Leekeworld wig in the size D 6-7 inch fits a YoTenshi Una head?
      I've been searching the web and the forum for an answer but can't seem to find one:sweat

5. @Ayanami 6-7 should be the correct size, but I don't have any Leekeworld wigs to verify.

6. I have a 4 sisters yo (same sculpt as Una) and she does indeed take a leeke 6-7.

7. @eleniel Thank you! So I can buy the wig from Leeke that seems to be the perfect choice for my Una:D

8. I'm waiting for my first Volks YoSd! Took over 10 years and a 6ish year hiatus, but I'm finally getting one of my dream dolls. I'm glad it worked out this way though. I'm getting a Rinon, who wasn't even on the market when I was first in the hobby!
      I always wanted a yosd I'm so happy she can be the first in my fresh start

9. Congratulations elfy016!! I got mine not too long ago a Chika. Now I have Little Fee and Yo-SD!! Very happy!!

I have a question about wigs. I bought a wig on Etsy specifically for my Chika and received it yesterday. I have tried today and yesterday to get it on her head and it will not go on no matter what I do. With a wig cap, without a wig cap. I tried so hard I slightly ripped the mesh that the hair was attached to. I also tried it on my Little Fee and the same thing happened. I can't return the wig now that it is damaged and it won't fit my girls so I don't know what else I can do. BTW, it slips every time I try to put it on. I know they are supposed to fit snuggly but this is ridiculous. The other wigs I have and the default wig from Volks fits fine. Thanks for any help you can give me.

#651 txchiclady, Jun 5, 2019
      Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2019
    10. If you can sew,heres what I'd do. Very carefuly snip along the tear till the wig fits your bjd. Then snip a tiny bit further. Sew in a gusset(a triagle of fabric that fits in the cut. Then use fray check to help prevent further tearing. If its a little to big you can add a tuck in the gusset.

#652 elfy016, Jun 6, 2019
      Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    11. Thank you so much for that information! I think that will work with that wig!

12. Hi! I'm not (yet) a yosd owner and mostly collect 1/4 and 1/3, but recently I've been really eyeing Yo-tenshi Una. I am a little bit conflicted about expanding to a different size, so I'd like to hear all of your thoughts on the pros and cons of volks YoSD to make my decision :) thanks in advance~ <3

13. @cirnoeI I just got a Rinono off the market place. Personally I prefer Yosd size, they fit in your hand, can be easier to transport, are super cute, and can be displayed in all kinds of small nooks and crannies.
      The only issues I've run into is her not wanting to stand on her own, which maybe a stringing issue and the sticker shock of all their accessories costing the same as Sd and Msd dolls :shudder

14. @Cirnoe I love the Yo size, they're fantastic little posers and they're super fun to play with; I've never met a yo that doesn't have a ton of personality. The tenshi in particular are a lot of fun as they've got back magnets so they can wear their little resin wings which I just adore. However, depending on the style of stuff you're looking for, they can be a little difficult to find clothing for - we like a lot of casual boy stuff which is just not easy to find in the smaller sizes. Cute, light, girly things are usually the norm. And I'd definitely recommend a stand if you're looking at posing them long-term; their balance can be a little fiddly due to the chibi design. They're small and fairly light though, so stands are easy to find, and you can definitely get cheap ones (vs. Volks' SDs which really require a heavy-duty stand).

15. @elfy016 and @ekala thanks so much for the replies!!!
      Might I ask though, for the wings, when you attach it through the cloth of the clothes does it actually manage to stay? Also I think I'm quite convinced~ the small size and flexibility is really such a great temptation T_T

16. @Cirnoe my Yosd is a regular one so she doesn't have magnets built in.
      But the tenshi have really strong magnets so they hold one pretty good. I remember(this was over 6 years ago so they may have gotten better or worse) one lady had a tenshi in a shirt, vest, and cape and the wings were a little prone to falling off. But once she took the cape off they were solid. They won't hold up to getting smacked off or might fall off if they bjd falls over, but normal bumps are fine.
      I admit I've been tempted to make a magnet harness for my Yosd so she could wear the wings lol

17. @elfy016 woah~ I see! I totally expected the wings to be flimsy but that’s seriously a nice surprise >_< thank you for the reply (and good luck with making your harness if you plan to!!) if I manage to get the little una I’m eyeing on mandarake I’ll come back with pictures lol <3

18. @Cirnoe, I hope you get the Una; she's a darling Yo, with or without her wings!

Sharing a pic of my Yo Tenshi Una, dressed as a pirate; they're not always all about being sweet and pretty! At least mine isn't, lol!
      [​IMG]