1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks YoSD and YoTenshi Discussion part 7

Jan 3, 2015

1. @CathyM has a yo-midi from that release and he’s actually pretty fun. I’m sure she can help answer your questions.
      As far as the release- he’s only been released once but wasn’t very popular so the ones on the site are from the original release.

2. @Krissim I have the YoMidi Devilman Akira from that release. As far as I know those on the Volks Japan site are from the original release (but I could be wrong).

The heads are bobbleheaded on the Yo body, but it never overtly bothered me, to be honest. You can see some older photos on my Flickr. The Yo bodies they came on have a single joint at the waist, and have single jointed elbows/knees. They pose okay, and I love the Yo body.

That being said, I recently put him on a Midi body, and he looks awesome.

[​IMG]

I think he looks better on the Midi body.

I think @InvisibleWings has a Ryo on a midi body...

3. I got both of the Devilman Yos (Ryo and Akira) and can confirm they look quite mature. They're basically like the other Yo Midis (like Williams, Reisner, Cecil) insofar that they're bobbleheaded on the Yo bodies and that you can put the heads on MSD/SDM bodies without any problem. I got both back when they were first released, and I'm pretty sure those for sale on the Volks website are from the initial release. Obviously, there wasn't as much demand for them as Volks expected. I won Akira in the lottery and purchased one of the leftover Ryos after.

4. I do have a Ryo, though he mostly stays on the YoMidi body so I can use all his wings on him. (And he refuses to allow any name but 'Angelbutt'.) I can stick him on one of my SDM bodies and shoot some pics

Mature or not, both Ryo and Akira are adorable.

I do keep my YoMidi Cyndy on an SDC body all the time. It works great for her.

5. @CathyM @Khell @InvisibleWings

Thank you all for the info. Wow, I can't believe they are from the original release. That's 7 years at this point. I would have thought Volks would have put them on sale at some point rather than have them just sitting there...

Honestly I find it rather sad they were apparently so unpopular because I think both of the from that line are super fun. If I get one I will be keeping him on the small body. Apparently I have a soft spot for bobble headed yosd's considering the other ones I own are all from 2D Doll and they also have MSD size heads.

I'm going to have to think on it though as knowing how resin ages over time it feels slightly strange buying a new doll that is really 7 years old at this point. At least, I now know I probably don't need to rush in the decision. :mwahaha

6. Lulu is giving me SD10 Ran/Miruku vibes! I love the full set outfits too! So exciting to finally have some new WS dolls!

7. You see the new yosd dolls? i look some pics and really they are cute

8. Lulu is very cute, I hope there are more pictures soon.

9. I've been away from most of my message boards for a while, as life and work have been awful for the past 6-8 months. I have a new job now, though, and a lot of things are much better now. I even cleaned my dining room, and it motivated me to set up a tiny little diorama for my two Volks tinies! I haven't taken pictures of them since I got the second one, which was last October!

Here are Rin (Piccolo, 2nd. makeup) and Haru (Yo-Tenshi Yuh, custom) in their festival outfits.

[​IMG]

Rin is a tanuki and Haru is a persocom. It was fun to give them a little photoshoot after such a long break!

10. Could anyone tell me more about how to purchase Rick and Lulu? I can't find information anywhere, I'm a bit too green here to search properly, it seems, but I live for my volks yos and I'd love to add at least one of these cuties to my collection!

11. I have not seen any information on when you can purchase the new Yo SD on their main website yet. Hopefully more info will be available soon.

12. I was able to find out that they will be sold on August 30th! But I don't know if this is a sale or a lottery

13. @Vakarian They're to be sold at the Kyoto Dolpa on 8/30, but that's only in-person. You'll likely be able to enter a lottery for them on the international site (and/or the US site, if applicable) during the After Event, which looks like it'll be on 9/12. :)

14. Oh perfect, thank you so much! I can't wait <3 I only wish they were in sunlight skin, haha <3

15. Cute outfits, ok, so the dolls are adorable but I am way too deep in dolly debt now.

16. sing it a little louder for the people in the back! XD

Any one have any spam pictures to cheer us up from dolly debt woes? <3

17. Hello, does anyone know if Kanon the Mouse has double jointed elbows?

18. @dolliberate The double-jointed elbows were first released with Dai and Mako, who came after Kanon, so she does not have them. If you're getting her second-hand the owners may have traded in for body with them, though.

19. Oh thank you for the info!
      She is very cute anyways. <3