1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks YoSD and YoTenshi Discussion part 7

Jan 3, 2015

1. [​IMG]

She's here, and in better condition than the Mandarake photos suggested! She has exactly the cheeky little face that convinced me to bring her home. I've named her Mellori. Hopefully I'll have enough time over the weekend to start sewing for her. I can see why Yos are dangerous now...must...resist...urge to buy her more tiny friends...

2. @castironteapot : She is adorable, and looks to be in fantastic condition. I can't wait to see how you customize her! <3 Mellori is a pretty name too.

...and yes, you can't stop at just 1 YoSD... :mwahaha

3. Finally! I have settled on my dream doll. Of course it’s a Yo-SD! Little Lorina ❣️

Comparing her to other sculpts that I like ; Syo, Four Sisters, Yuuh, Mamu, Linn, Yayoi (who do you see in her face?) - she reminds me of them, but her face is something extra somehow. Maybe it’s how versatile she photographs. Her face has so many expressions!

I treated myself to some long wanted shoes and several wigs for Little Lorina, whenever she finds her way over here

#983 Sweetiemi, Oct 3, 2023
      Last edited: Oct 4, 2023
    4. It's a little confusing...it says by 8/21, but then it says after 8/22 for the Spring order, so is it the 21/22 being shipped by Dec and the rest after, or does "after 22" include the 22nd? I think I may be in the first group, but I'm not sure because of the time difference.

5. The 22nd would be included in the second group.

6. [​IMG]

Hanging out with Niamh (yuki white snow) tonight (with a troublesom dragon for company)

7. Does anyone know where (nude) pictures of the new body are to be found? I know I’ve seen them.
      Actually considering hybrid with Luts HDF, Yo-SD body is beautiful but tired of it not posing well, and the hassle of trying to buy a new body, and the $$$…
      I still love the Volks sculpts though, they are the only ones for me.

8. #989 Dybbuk, Dec 2, 2023
      Last edited: Dec 2, 2023
    9. If you're open to other types of bodies, I recently got a B-26-01 body from LoongSoul to try as an option for my Yo-SDs, and I feel like it's worked out really nicely. I got it in 'Normal Yellow' and it's about a shade or two lighter than my Yo-SD heads (Elena, Rinon, Kanata), which is close enough for me. The neck is also a bit longer than the Volks body, which also doesn't bother me but YMMV. :3nodding:

Here's a picture of the body my Kanata came with (left) along with the head on the LoongSoul body:
      [​IMG]
      (photo is a clickable link to it on Flickr if the forum decides to not show it)

I ordered via Alice's Collections and it took around 5 months, which I think is the normal wait from LoongSoul. Alice's also offers free airmail shipping on orders over $35 and dolls under 46cm. Here is the product page, which has more photos of the body and the posing:
      Doll Parts, Loong Soul - BJD, BJD Doll, Ball Jointed Dolls - Alice's Collections

10. @Dybbuk thank you! Yes, I think it must have been an auction photo. It sure looks nice but I wish they’d update the default hands (my ideal is that they look like tiny MSD/SD10 hands, I adore them)

@Rhian thank you! I knew I had seen photos.

@Quirked thank you for good advice!

#993 Sweetiemi, Dec 2, 2023
      Last edited: Dec 15, 2023
    11. [​IMG]

Bringing this thread back to post Niamh in the shimaenaga kigurumi

It’s perfect because Niamh is a Yuki white snow edition and the lil bird is sometimes referred to as a snow fairy

12. Just curious, since I haven't seen any owner pics...did anyone receive their Luna/Lieselotte girls yet?

13. Not the best picture, but here's my Lieselotte

[​IMG]

14. She’s precious :D

15. I think she also has double jointed knees now? How is her posing?

16. Yes she does! She's a good poser, plus the new Yo body is a bit less "tube like" with the legs and arms

17. I am looking forward to poseability of Lieselottes new body, but honestly I think the old one is so much more beautiful and baby chubby which I like.