1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks YoSD and YoTenshi Discussion part 7

Jan 3, 2015

1. I was going to suggest that as well... they might be midi hands

2. Oh, I hadn't thought that-- but aren't Midi hands just the same as regular MSD hands? Y'know, the Mickey Mouse gloves?

3. No, the YoMidi hands are between Yo and MSD in size.

The Mini version Midi hands are MSD hands.

4. @JennyNemesis, after I saw your post last night, the ol' grey cells started rolling it around in my mind, and like eleniel and reitaism, I came to the conclusion that your Shiro might've gotten Yo-midi hands, too. Check out this DoA sale post for a Yo-Midi Reisner (second pic) -- http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...mal)-870-*QUICK-SALE-PRICE*?highlight=Reisner Chubby hands!

Either someone at Volks goofed, or the seller decided to move it on, and very carefully re-wrapped him. :|

5. They could be Midi hands-- I guess they're not as big as I thought they were at first glance, I mean they just sorta startled me. ^^ But they are definitely not the same as the regular Yo default hands... broader at the base, longer length, thicker fingers. Here they are with Nava's regular Yo hand on the left... does anyone recognize them?

[​IMG]

And here's the two of them gesturing near a disembodied SD10 hand, which is so much larger I'm not sure how I managed to think it'd ever fit on a Yo wrist. :lol:

I've already changed his hands out, anyway-- Nava only ever wears one default hand at a time, so Shiro can share the spare, and there's 7 or 8 other pairs to choose from (thanks to SQLab). Little dude sure is cute!

6. JennyNemesis, congrats on getting your Shirou, so sweet! :D
      Regarding the hands those are the Yo-Shirou hands specially made for him (Tsukasa also has special hands). I guess to keep the tradition with special hands the Tokyo Boys series :)
      (You can see their special hands are listed in their Dolpa page http://www.volks.co.jp/dolpa33/volks_sd02/)

7. Ahaaaa.... the pictures really don't show their hands too well, but I think I can see Shiro's special hand in the shot where he's carrying his sister's cat. :whee: OK, so they're just really odd-looking Yo hands that I wasn't prepared for! Thanks so much for the info [MENTION=43469]Motiko[/MENTION].

:doh: Now that I think about it, of COURSE: Their special hand-poses are mimicking those of their SD13 counterparts. Tsukasa and Isao had special hands (which are now basic), and Shiro's were the scoop-shaped old style. Yo-Isao did not get special hands, but I see Yo- Tsukasa and Shiro have their special hand poses. Yo-Isao got a special wig, I guess that's why no special hands. ^^ Silly me for not thinking of that myself.

By the way: can you (or anyone) read the Songs of Boys story text that's on those sales pages? They never released an English version, and I'd love to know what it says. (On Shiro's paperwork I see there's an excerpt of dialogue, and am dying to know what these chibis talk about...!)

[​IMG]

8. If no one has translated it for you I can do it when I get home from work later

9. Congrats, JennyNemesis! He's adorable and has those beautiful Shiro eyes! That's so funny about the hands though. If you want to try any other hands, Kaga's got an extra "bird" hand.

10. Thanks [MENTION=3721]eleniel[/MENTION], I would love that! They always write such cute, sentimental little interludes for these guys.

And thanks [MENTION=122]Kellyhime[/MENTION]-- we do have a spare bird hand here (Nava never wears them both at the same time, unless he's doing his Nixon impression). We're quite spoiled for tiny option hands, in fact. But he chose to move into one of the fists & one of Nava's original defaults.

I thought the pale lavender Shiro-eyes were a little starey at first, but I think I've come to like them; a pale-eyed goth look already suits him. :3

His 'welcoming' is a two-man Gallery show, of course-- I do believe they're already inseparable.

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php/677037-BFFs-(Volks-Yo-SD-Isao-amp-Shiro)

[​IMG]

11. [MENTION=6370]JennyNemesis[/MENTION]

Ok here you go:

Hey! Long time no see!
      Are you doing well?

Chibi Tokyo Boys Story ~ The Song of Boys~

From the sky above the city, sunlight filters through the foliage.
      The boys are back!
      Shiro, the oldest son of the Tachibana family and his best friend Tsukasa!
      After the many days they spend together after school, sharing their hopes,
      the sunlight seems to glow with dreams and friendship.

Tsukasa: hey, should we go back?

Shiro: Yeah, to the park!
      Tsukapyon (nickname), do you want to talk to him?

Tsukasa: yeah...

Four years earlier, a new chapter starts!
      Chibi Shiro and Tsukasa finally debut!

Tiny but enthusiastic,
      Please expect more of the Tokyo Boys story of friendship!

12. [​IMG] OMG thank you so much! [MENTION=3721]eleniel[/MENTION] you are the best. That is too cute... It sounds like them getting up the nerve to go talk to Chibi Isao for the first time or something. ^^ I hope someday they release another book in the Another Yourself series that continues all the Tokyo Boys story bits.

13. Aw, Jeez guys: I never meant to post & run – certainly not a bombshell like that :sweat
      I heard that Volks would be including Yo's in their FCS several years ago (at the last NYC Dollpa), but that orders would be very limited – only through Japanese Dollpa events, or as a "Sato Exclusive." I assumed that because Sunlight Skin was available for the other sizes, that you could order it for Yo's, too. I think the best people to ask (after the Volks Japan eMail) are those on the MP who advertise themselves as a "Personal Shopper" of sorts for the Japanese FCS's.

I used the Search tool on the Japanese site, and there was nothing found for "FCS". I checked the Volks USA site and found this page:
      http://volksusastore.com/onlinefcs

Again: I can only assume that you can chose Yo-heads for the Midi bodies, as well as the Midi-sculpts. If anybody is pre-registered for this year's Dollpa in L.A. maybe you will have more FCS info available to you. I hope that Volks give attendees the opportunity to order an FCS doll again. It certainly would seem that they timed the on-line FCS so that attendees could pick-up their dolls at the event.

oriscany: I made a sweater & hat set for a friend's BiD: The arms are longer than a Yo's by a quarter- or a half-inch. But some people like it when the sleeves cover a doll's hands. The heads are also smaller, even with a wig on.

Here is a shot of my Lillie wearing the hat I made for the BiD:

[​IMG]
      Iplehouse Baby Sized "Turnip" hat -2 by Mandasmac, on Flickr

Keeping in mind that Lillie doesn't have as big a head as the 4-Sisters Yo's: You can see that it doesn't even make it down to cover the full curve at the back of the head. I made the hat a whole inch shorter to fit the BiD head. It would definitely need some sort of hat pin or bobby pin to stay on a Yo.

14. As of now, the yo heads have not been available in any fcs including those at events at sato.

15. reitaism, I know you were interested in Una, did you manage to pick one up? They are pretty reasonable on yJ! right now- especially with the yen to dollar.

Did anyone else go in for an Una?

I think her new make-up is absolutely divine. Someone at Volks must have heard the complaints about mount commas because they are gone now!

I always love seeing Una(s) about!
      :D

16. I did not pick her up u_u;; My money is so tied up elsewhere. maybe down the road I'll find one for a ridiculous price and bite the bullet :\ but yo-una has always been a rarity it seems....

17. It's been a long time since I looked at the Yo discussion thread--everyone's wee ones are so adorable!! It makes me miss my little Ayumu, who is currently away getting a faceup. ; ~ ;

18. Yo-Shiro thinks he has picked the name Taki, so I'ma go with that unless he changes his mind later. :)

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php/677883-Hi-Taki!-(Volks-Yo-SD-Shiro)

[​IMG]

Little dude has style and poise! But he doesn't seem to be as good a dancer as Nava is-- I'm not sure if it's just because he's strung differently, or if there's some difference in the normal-legged Yo body, compared to long-legged Nava. Taki is my first regular-size Yo. ^^ Since he's brand new, I will assume the body has the same engineering as Nava and I just need to tinker with him a bit.

I think we will be emptying out the Yo-sized selection of rock-star clothing at Tata's Paradise soon.... we'll need a black leather jacket and some fishnet sweaters...

19. I just won a Y!J auction for Una 2nd makeup. ♥ I saw a friend's pictures of hers and all of my resistance failed me. I've wanted Una since her first Yo release. :whee: I thought I could be strong and resist... but that was not to be. I'm hoping to have her at my home soon~! :D

20. Hi everyone! I just won my first YoSD off of YJA, which I'm very excited about. She's a Nono on the origin body with fist hands. The fist hands have some interesting seam lines on the knuckles. Is this normal?