1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks YoSD and YoTenshi Discussion part 7

Jan 3, 2015

1. Congrats!! be sure to share lots of pictures of your new little one with us. ^^ And as far as seams go, I'm afraid I don't know. 8( If all-else fails, pictures may be helpful?

2. Yeah the seams are pretty normal. They aren't difficult to remove but it can be tedious work.

3. Thank you for the input :)! Glad to hear this is normal!! I will definitely post a bunch of pictures of her when she arrives :D

4. Whereabouts on the knuckles are the seams?... I have a pair of fist hands that I don't think has seams at all, but then I don't have a very nitpicky eye for seams. ^^ Not unless they're really bad.

Here are Nava and Taki getting all up in your face (as they are wont to do):

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...ys-(Nava-amp-Taki-Volks-Yo-SD-Isao-amp-Shiro) <= in gallery

[​IMG]

(A Tsukasa really would make the bad-boy trio, but they'll have to be patient till I track one down!)

5. I have a dolly visitor that is staying to be a sewing model. I finally got around to actually sewing something today for her and I thought I would share with the thread :)

[​IMG]

6. Congrats, MilkyTea! :D She's adorable! ^^

I love the YoSD size, but I'm extraordinarily partial to VOLKS YoSDs - just something about their aesthetics. Your little girl looks a bit like the Four Sisters sculpt. o 3o

7. That's because she is the Four Sisters sculpt. ♥ Una is the whiteskin release of Four Sisters. I guess now they're "Five Sisters!" ;D (Or maybe she's a cousin, haha.)

8. Congratulations! She is darling. I love the new make-up too. :aheartbea

I wound up caving and picking her up too... but you already knew all that from Flickr! Gotta love Una~

9. She's beautiful!

10. [MENTION=35328]MilkyTea[/MENTION] OK. I don't feel so silly now for thinking how similar she looks. :XD: It's curious that they should rename the sculpt, unless it's because she's a limited WS...?

11. It is a common naming convention for Volks to give NS and WS versions of the same sculpt different names, like Lucas and Chris, Kurumi and Miruku, Tohya and Kohya, Iris and Johanna, Alice and Lorina etc

12. Just like how Megu, Nana, Sara, and Kira all have their own names, so does Una. :3 Her default eyes and wig are different--not just her skintone.

As @Kim mentioned, Volks commonly has different names for the same sculpt with different skin tones. (✿◠‿◠)

Haha, yes, I did already notice! O(≧∇≦)O I hope you're enjoying your (additional) Una. (I'm always surprised by how many similarities we have between our dolls. There seems to be some part of our doll-related interests that are on the same "wavelength", so to speak. ヾ(o✪‿✪o)シ )

13. Una is also only released on a tenshi body not the standard or origin YoSD body :)

14. This little sweetheart arrived last week (July 3) I have been wanting her for about 5 years! Just love her face!

[​IMG]Shizuku full2 by Rosanne, on Flickr

15. Congratulations, [MENTION=11561]sweetiemom[/MENTION]! She has such a cute little face~!

16. Just some drive-by Yuuya spam. I haven't been able to play with him much. Life takes priority over dolly fun times. I'd really love to get him some more clothes and stuff. His wardrobe needs expanding...

[​IMG]
      Yuuya says, "Hisashiburi, minna-san~ ✌" by zaely mallow, on Flickr

17. Kyaa, Yuuya is such a cute little devil. :chibi: Where do his horns come from, are they Crobi?

I just went on a Yo-clothes supply binge myself, but now I have to take pictures of all of it in the few daylight hours I have left. ^^ I love Tata's Paradise's selection of tiny rock-star-worthy separates!

18. [MENTION=6370]JennyNemesis[/MENTION] isn't he adorable?! :XD: I love him so much! His horns are actually from LeekeWorld.

I'm still trying to find Yuuya's fashion. I kind of like him in semi-cute things and over-sized clothes, but I'm always worried about making him look too cutesy. I don't think he's a fan of it. :sweat

19. Yeah, it is sorta difficult shopping out there for any Yo who doesn't like the overly-cutesy baby looks or sailor suits! But it hasn't actually taken me that long to gather at least a beginning wardrobe, at just a few companies. I thought it would be harder than it was. ^^ 1:6 is a common enough doll size that you can find random stuff on eBay that just happens to work. (Nava has a lot of Ken clothes that someone was giving away for free at a swap-meet, so I've already saved a fortune on him!)

[​IMG]

This is a jumble of clothes from Bratz, Volks, & Dollmore. :D