1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

warning: acid jones - etsy scam

Sep 5, 2016

1. I think I would send POLICE right to the person who would be so naive to send a doll to ANY people that ask to send them one!
      Sorry but I can't believe there' s people so naive... they are more guilty than the absurd person that want to scam people like that...

2. Don't blame the potential victim here. There ARE people out there who can't reason properly. Mental disabilities can come into play, or people who are just naïve enough to fall for this sort of ploy. Blaming them is rude and unnecessary. :|

3. I reported them to esty them a messaged back saying I know they are a scammer and have reported them. They have not commented back which only confirms what we all know. I really hope they haven't scammed anyone out of their doll yet. At least the more it's talked about the more people will hear of it and be warned.[/QUOTE]
      can you put up the prince link so it too can be spread around?

trust me they can be: I have been a cardreader for a long long time and refuse to take advantage of people even though some seem to beg you to do so, it is sad: it isn't that I am blaming them but they want so badly something that they feel is missing they will fall into horrible traps

#43 Katscauldron, Sep 6, 2016
      Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2016
    4. There are a LOT of rather young people in this hobby, and some very trusting souls. (I'm the parent to one.) Please do not blame people who are potential victims. Alerting and signal-boosting to the community to unscrupulous individuals like this is a far better way to protect the community than to deride individuals who *might* have been taken in by this scam.

5. A lot of scammers are lazy in every way and wont even come up with a credible story.

6. Same here -- in fact, I've only got literally two BJD-related sales from Etsy in my history, so it looks like the scammer is trawling the comments for some of the sellers to determine who to target with this message.

7. I'm just letting people know that this person has a Instagram account called toxic_sprout and is stealing people's pictures of their dolls and will message Instagram users with a picture of a doll saying that they are willing to trade when they don't have a doll to trade.

8. They've also changed their name from Vanity to Vanni to Nova on that same account. And it is now a private account, so I can't see anything.

9. I got a message from this person as well. Totally looked scammy, brand new account opened that day, I never sell bjd stuff there, it was very weird.

This was the message:

"
      [​IMG]

Sender: Neabulae Prince
      Date: 2 days ago10:01pm EDT

Hi! I was wondering if you would be up for a BJD trade? I have a couple that I'm not connected to anymore and I'm not good at redesigning things. I understand if you don't want to, I was just asking around, just in case you did! Have a nice day! <3"

Could we please add Neabulae Prince to the title or make it clear in the title that there's more than one suspicious username being used on etsy?

#49 albeli, Sep 7, 2016
      Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
    10. I got the same message on my etsy account too ><
      Hope that nobody will fall in this , it's definitely a scam !

11. I'm betting these scammers must be new to the hobby. I mean, do they not realize how close knit this community is? And when anyone get so much as a whiff of a scam they're quick to tell the community to watch out. Surely they don't expect people to just send them dolls. There are naive people and people who lack good judgement who might be conned into doing it, but on the whole hobbyists aren't going to fall for this and word of this scam has already spread far and wide.

12. That's what I was wondering too, like I don't think they really know much about the bjd community if they think no one would be suspicious and post a warning to tell other hobbyists...? :huh?:

13. Perhaps that's why they're casting such a wide net in such a relatively short time frame, hoping to get a bite or more before the word gets out.

14. Perhaps? But seriously, this is the INTERNET, stuff gets out so fast that this scammer doesn't stand a chance (thankfully).

I guess the old saying, "A string will stop an honest man, but a brick wall wont stop a thief" is truer than I thought...
      :nowords:

15. I guess the old saying, "A string will stop an honest man, but a brick wall wont stop a thief" is truer than I thought...
      :nowords:[/QUOTE]
      I bet they aren't really part of the doll community at all only checking on the dolls and how much they are worth and this is a hidden layer along with other boards they really aren't aware of. Plus, there are allot of collector that really aren't apart of any real community that have dolls they think they can bring down the ones on the edge. You look at any scam like this regardless of how ridiculous figure 50 times they might get one hit so the average of that one keeps them going. The same with the make up fakes out there that use pics of others dolls then get dlls and never send them back [or if they re forced looking heinous]. I have heard nothing back from etsy but I made it a point of also contacting a decent mod of theirs in Ireland nd she might be pushing to help. etsy is not on my happy list as I said before over safety and trust issues as well as any other type right now. They never had much of any customer support but I never needed it and was fine until they took away my paypal button and tried to force me to use their merchant services which I won't now I have to invoice customers with paypal after they buy something and it is a pain. Anyway, everyone keep spreading the word and I will too

16. as anyone else who has filed a complaint on etsy heard anything from them? I just got an email from Vinnie in security after I got a lame email this morning and responded to it

17. I got that too! Didn't know it was a scam. Just thought it was some imbecile who didn't understand that ball jointed dolls aren't that easily acquired.

Seriously, when I read how much she wanted to pay for me to lend them... I thought:
      "Are they for real? These dolls cost way too much to be lent to a random unknown person! Must be some naive kid who doesn't understand how this hobby or the world works. No way they're getting their hands on my dolls that easy. Not with that mind set. They'd have to pay me for the entire value of the doll, plus shipping, plus full price for accessories, plus interest!! It would cost more to borrow mine then for them to buy their own!! A complete stranger to 'borrow' my dolls? Not on their life."

(Whoever said it here, for the price offered, they could just buy one of their own from resinsoul or bobobie. They are decent dolls for the price.)

Either way, glad I didn't fall for it. Though I can't see how anyone would tbh.

For a scammer, they're a pretty pathetic one. :|

#57 Advntr.gal, Dec 6, 2016
      Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
    18. Wow this sounds way to crazy! I personally would never just send a doll to some random stranger but it's crazy that so many people are getting contacted about this in the first place.

19. Someone should say sure to get & address that they are using to see if the police might be able to assist in tracking them? Though it might me a LONG shot.... they themselves might be stupid enough to give the real address...

20. It's a scam! I've seen a lot of people on Instagram also receive this message. Ugh why would someone even do that! That's so shady and unnecessary!