1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Was your first doll a doll you wanted?

Jul 22, 2017

1. Yes, my first doll was my absolute favorite and one I loved above all others at the time. I took months looking every company and sculpt and deciding everything (there were waaaaaaay fewer dolls and companies back then). I spent about $600 including shipping at the time.

2. My first doll was a doll I REALLY wanted. She was beautiful when she arrived, but because I had paid her on layaway, I had lost interest once she came - and some family issues arose so I held onto a memory along with her. After that I felt uncomfortable keeping her.

3. Yes and no.

My first doll was a gift. He's lovely, and I've become very attached to him...But he's definitely not a sculpt I would have chosen on my own.

4. Yes and no. I wanted a Dollshe 28M Grant Phillippe in SD size, but my mother insisted of getting the Fashion size of him. I always knew I would have liked the SD version better. After a couple of years of not feeling inspired to do anything with him, I sold him and later purchased a SD size 28M Rey Lewis that I love very much. The body has always been one of my favourite male bodies.

5. I've always been with what I wanted. My first doll was my first grail. I have loved her for six years and she is very spoiled and she has the most clothes and the most elaborate backstory. :)

6. I'm waiting on my first doll to arrive- and it was definitely the one I wanted the most! I figured if I am spending this much money, it better be one I really love!

Didn't hurt that he was on sale while I was stalking the listing :D

7. I wanted my first doll from resinsoul before I explored other companies, but the first one I REALLY wanted was DollZone The Star

8. I actually bought What I really wanted get. He was a MSD doll but as I got into this hobby more deeper and got different sizes of bjds, I became no longer playing with msd size dolls ironically... Now I am most playing with sd and yosd size dolls. I still like the sculpt. I think the problem was the body. I wasn't really happy with the body I guess. Therfore I'm trying to get new and good shaped body for my first doll!

9. I'm currently paying the layaway on my first doll and she's my first grail. I love her entire sculpt and I'm so happy I'm getting her and I took the dive rather than get a cheaper doll sooner.

10. the first doll i saw and wanted was a dearmine dorothy. i saw an online friend do their own faceup and it was very cute! i got into other anthro sculpts after that, like pipos.

11. Yes! It was a Christmas gift from my parents.... my mom is a really good snoop so she saw on my computer that I'd been looking at a DZ Yuu. She told me the box was a telescope for my dad haha. My tastes have really changed since then but it was so thoughtful I can never bring myself to sell him <3 T
      The first doll I ever wanted was a CP Luts Delf tanning El actually, but at the time I didn't know what it was because I'd only seen some unlabeled photos.