1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Was your first doll a doll you wanted?

Jul 22, 2017

1. i guess i was kind of pressured but I truly liked him at first... it's just that i dont know how to go with the character i set for him anymore so i just fell out of love

2. I fell in love with Pukifee a long time ago, so when I started, it had to be a Pukifee (Ante or Bonnie, my favorite molds).
      So here came Lila!
      The two other ones were a matter of opportunities, I wasn't searching for anything in particular (well except for the size) and I ended up loving them to pieces.

3. Initially, I wanted to start with an SD, but settled with an MSD instead because it was a size I was comfortable with and it was more appropriate for the space in my room. Nevertheless, it was a doll I wanted from a company I love! :D

4. Dollzone's Gray - I just fell in love with that doll when I saw him. But I didn't buy him and my first doll is a Loongsoul's doll.

5. I went all in with my first doll (DOD E-an), she was the one I was simply smitten with upon first seeing and has remained my absolute favorite 9 years down the road.

6. It was definitely a doll I wanted, but I was also a bit scared. I spended $500 plus shipping so it was scary. But soon as she arrived I was so excited ! :D

7. I'd say yes. I didn't have a specific doll in mind, I looked through the different sculpts and bought the one I liked most.

8. My first doll was Angelregion Ren, mainly because he was cheaper and yet still pretty. Was really new--and am still pretty new--to the hobby and back then not a lot of clothing options for the MSD that I liked. Market has changed a lot since then!

9. My first doll was a Resinsoul Su and I thought that I really wanted her! But, looking back it was because she was a cheaper one and I couldn't comprehend at that time spending a lot of money on something I wasn't sure of. Now, I just think about it for a minute and then buy them if I got the money.:drool

10. My first doll is on the cheaper end, but I really wanted him! I limited my browsing to cheaper dolls, but I wanted this particular sculpt for a little over a year before I got him. I'm really happy with him now that I have him.

11. First, I want MSD size but I buy tiny size - Lati Yellow because I like her.
      (She was limited doll with fullset, her cost compare to MSD is very close :mwahaha)

12. Yes! My first doll (that I actually bought, not the first one to get to me) is Dollzone Benjamin, a unique sculpt I fell in love with at first sight. He was a bit more expensive than I was comfortable with (Though relatively cheap, considering *_*) but I just had to have him.

I'm super picky, so there's no way I'd ever buy a doll I didn't absolutely adore...

13. I did not (nor have I yet) get first doll/dolls I liked. I found one second hand, which is the way I prefer to buy. Not just for the cost consideration but also for other reasons people have discussed. I love the first one though and have no regrets and don't plan to sell, or even trade for what I really wanted.

14. Nope, my first doll I have is an Iplehouse JID Amy. The first doll I have wanted was a Dollfie Dream which was a Hastune Miku at the time. I believe when I first saw the Dollfie Dream, I was probably 10. I don't think I'd work up for it though since I want my dolls to be characters of my comics.

15. It was a dream doll when I bought it, but I lost interest in it while waiting to be made

16. My first doll was an MSD girl I found pretty (but not the one I had my eye on) and inside my budget, I ordered without make-up or wig or clothes, so when she came it was all pretty disappointing. In the end, we didn't bond, maybe because of those mistakes and also because she wasn't really smiling as I saw in the company pictures and I didn't wanted her character to feel sad or lonely.

Fortunately, I found a head in the second hand market I fell in love with and it replaced the one I didn't bond with. This head is still with me since 2013 and I love her to bits.

17. One of the first dolls i really wanted was the Doll Leaves Asa, but it was out of my price range
      So i went with the Akagidoll Ban head which currently saving up for a body somewhere within my price range.
      Still hoping to get that Asa eventually though!

18. My first doll was an impulse buy because I really wanted a doll. I ended up selling her to someone who genuinely enjoyed the doll sculpt. My current doll is a doll who took my eye but not exactly what I want. She does mean a lot to me though ^^

19. My answer is kind of yes and kind of no but it wasn't about money.

I saw an Iplehouse BID in the Erzulie sculpt online. I fell in love with her and wanted to purchase her.

Soon after, I went to a friend's house, I saw that she had an Iplehouse BID in the Elin sculpt. I got to hold her and play with her. I fell in love with HER and I decided to purchase Elin instead of Erzulie. Now I find myself wanting Erzulie.

My first BJD was not the one I thought I would purchase but I love her, none the less.

20. I fell in love with Dollshe Bernard. And I knew I had to get him. The first Bernard I got was my Nicolai who was an SA sleeping Bernard head and I loved him but I wanted an OE Bernard head more luckily I found one for sale with a beautiful faceup and I was so happy to have him finally. But Bernard was the first doll I really wanted.