1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Was your first doll a doll you wanted?

Jul 22, 2017

1. When I started I thought MSD size would be perfect for me and I got a Minifee Celine but unfortunately, I didn't bond with her even though I got her a custom face-up and everything. I ended up selling her and saved the money while I searched which doll I'd love. I fell in love with the Feeple60 Carol when she was announced and I took the plunge and I ordered her full-set and whatnot. I regret it a bit, I still love the doll, I like her sculpt, clothes, face, and everything else but the size increase is definitely not for me at all. She's been kept in the box ever since and it's sad ;w;
      Later on, I got a pure neemo girl just for fun and I ended up adoring the size and so I decided to order a 1/6 bjd and I'm hoping I finally can enjoy the hobby like I've been wanting for years!

2. I first wanted a Unoa Lusis but they were too expensive at the time, so I bought a second hand Unoa, she's on a regular Unoa body but with an Ange sculpt. She's okay, I had to mod her eyes before I started to like her.

3. I went with less expensive to start, though I really do like the sculpt of my first doll. I started off with cheaper Hujoo OTs as my soft intro before deciding to finally get my first resin doll from ResinSoul. He was certainly not my first pick but for a teenager the almost $700 dolls I wanted most was out of the question. I decided to shell one of my favorite OCs at the time and the one I got was a perfect fit at the time. Honestly if he wasn't my first I still might have ended up picking him up at some point.

4. Yeah. It was... I thought he is my grail. Than bonding issues happend... so I sold him.

5. I wanted a 60cm doll and fell in love with Shall but I couldn't afford a doll that price. I was looking for another one and fell in love with dragon doll yin ying so yes, she was the way I wanted . But now, i think that if i have known much doll compagnie i would take an iplehouse JID (maybe Amy )

6. I bought my first doll for an art project and was very unfamiliar with wait times for ordering a doll brand new, so I had to quickly purchase a used doll to be able to finish my project in time. I did so much research on the first doll I purchased from the company and knew absolutely nothing about the pre owned doll that I actually received as my first doll. As it turns out, I absolutely love my pre owned doll! He's perfect! when I received the new doll I had ordered I... was not as impressed. She was a good way to find out girl dolls aren't for me

7. No.. First doll what I want was pukipuki. I was young, and my mother did not let me buy so expensive. I find felix brownie mia, and it was cute, cheap and got it second hand from Finland. So my mom let my buy it :)

8. No... The first doll I really wanted was a DoD Ducan :atremblin Rip in peace Dream of Doll. Gone but never forgotten.

9. My first doll is imda2.6. I fall in love with him the first time I saw him, then I just got it :D

10. I started "getting into the hobby" by buying pullip dolls. I know they aren't bjds, but I was 10 and thought differently. $100 is a lot of money, especially for a 10 year old so it was a big investment for me at the time. I still love the dolls, and I do not regret getting them but I do wonder what if I had saved that money to get an actual bjd? I have 3 of them so I've spent around $375 on them and that would be a good portion of the bjd I am saving up for. Because of this, I thought about getting a cheaper doll to start, but instead I am now saving up for the doll I really want.

11. My first doll was definitely a doll I wanted! So much so that I still have her to this day. It wasn't until I saw a Pipos Baha that I fully committed to the hobby. I had been looking at dolls for about two years prior, but never splurged on a doll because I was still in high school so I didn't have the money to buy one at that time. When I first saw a Baha, I figured out the sculpt as quickly as I could from photographs that were posted on deviantArt and ordered one shortly after!

12. My first doll was a doll that I wanted. I wasn't sure which one should be the first one, but I got the opportunity to get her and 10 years later I have no regrets. :)

13. The first doll I wanted was a Fairyland Lishe. I couldn't decide between the PukiFee, LittleFee, or MiniFee. Eventually I got a blank Pipos Cheshire and he is fun. I learned that he is just way too small for me. He has been in his box for a while now and I haven't missed him so I really need to sell him to someone who would want him and love him.

14. Yes, he's my favorite doll, and he still is. I don't think I'll ever sell him.

15. Yes. My first doll was a Luts Kid Delf Bory. I looked at various sculpts when I first started this hobby and I knew he was the one I wanted :)

16. Hatsune miku!!! I wanted her to be my only one but I couldn’t stop buying them lol

17. My first doll was not THE doll I wanted at the time (which I think was a Luts Kiwi). But she popped up for sale and I really wanted her so impulse buy for me. I think it worked out better for me in the end :)
      I did opt for a cheap doll body because I wasn't sure how much money I wanted to spend on the hobby.

18. The first doll I bought was the one I really wanted. I wanted a Little Monica doll so much for about 4 years before actually taking the plunge after saving up for a long time. He was pricy but I’m glad I didn’t cheap out because I believe it’s much more worth it to own something I will continue to like for many years to come :)

19. Yes and no. The type of doll was a type I wanted but I kinda let my partner pressure me into the head sculpt he likes the most instead of the one I really liked. I ended up getting the one that was perfect for me and I do still love the first doll it just wasn’t as magical as it could have been

20. at the time yes, but after i got it i realized there was others I wanted. patience isn't my strong suit but I should've waited till I discovered other bjds I might want.

my first doll still holds a special place in my heart though