1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What about your "database" of your dolls ?

Mar 28, 2011

1. I've made a quick search, found nothing on. I apologize if it's already exist. ;_;

Do you note informations of your dolls somewhere (paper or computer files) ? Just the technical things or a complete profile ? I'm curious.:)

Myself, I use a little database, too many dolls for my little head, must write from who this make-up came or what size wing for this one... But I think I'll make it more detailed when I'll have times.

2. I do not remember all my dolls, so, I keep my database in my forum profiles. Besides, it helps others to choose whom they would like to see on the doll meet-ups.
      Some more info (sizes, styles, props, sketches) is in my special copybook, very helps when sewing and writing dialogues for comics.

3. I keep it all in my head. O.o Which is a bit easier than it sounds. I do all my dolls' face-ups and mods (with one exception), so I don't really have to keep track of that.

For the rest of it, I'm pretty good at keeping track of which company or from whom I got my doll accessories from. Unless the company was unknown at the time I bought it. Sometimes, I even go so far as to look up companies to try and hunt down the accessories, but that's only when I'm bored.

4. I tend to keep my own personal database on my computer. Mould information, when it was made, when I bought it/from whom, who did the face-up, etc. I also try to have information on the eyes, wigs and clothes they wear if I can. The brand, colours, item name, etc. Sometimes I forget to keep it up to date though and have to try and search up the information. :P If there's a character involved their bio may be included in their folder as well.

5. It's aaaaaall in my head. C: ...and my siggie. I even put them there in order of acquisition, including the floating heads... /dork

6. Mine are listed in my forum profile, otherwise I might forget their names. It's also a good place to keep tabs on my wishlist, which I change constantly.

7. For most things I keep the info in my head, although for doll birthdays/arrival dates I sometimes have to refer to their database entries or my blog, because I forget :sweat. It's probably still a good idea to make a little database for myself, though.

8. I have a dorky spreadsheet on my computer of not just my current doll, but also dolls that I'm interested in and what character they could possibly be. I also use it to keep track of eyes, wigs, etc. that I would like for each doll and where to get them from. Keeps everything nice and organized, because otherwise, I'd totally forget things.

9. I find their arrival dates really important so I keep that saved on a document on the computer and I have them written down. I also do have a little mini database on my computer for them as well ^^ I've been thinking of making a scrapbook for their profiles, it just seems like a cool artsy idea for me. ^^

I personally like having a database for my dolls...Just in case I forget something. :D

10. I've got a horrible memory, so I definitely keep a simple word file with all the details I can get about my dolls...

Doll Number:
      NAME:
      COMPANY:
      SIZE:
      HEAD SCULPT: Sculptor?:
      BODY SCULPT:
      SKIN TONE:
      MAKEUP (Faceup): Artists Name:
      PURCHASED FROM:
      PURCHASE DATE:
      PURCHASE PRICE: Shipping Price: Weight:
      LAYAWAY:
      PAYMENT METHOD:
      DELIVERY DATE:
      DEFAULT ITEMS: Outfit designer's name:
      FULLSET ITEMS MISSING:
      MODS:
      MARKET PRICE:
      MEASUREMENTS: Wig size: Eye Size:

I never sell my dolls... but if I do, such information is important. And for insurance. And just in order to keep the information on the various websites correct... I refer to it often!!! *_*

========================================

Please feel free to use this list! (I added wig and eye size, because that really is useful when you've got a ton of dolls!). Or post your own lists or links to templates! I'm always looking for good ways to keep information I need. :D

11. Thanks for your answers!
      With twenty BJD, I often lost. ._.

12. I've been considering doing this :) I used to be the type to keep things all in my head but the medications I'm on make it hard for me to remember things. I think making a file on my dolls would make a LOT of sense, and it would stop me having to trawl through like 50 pages of discussion threads to find out the answer to a particular question of something I'd forgotten - ie what wig size do they wear?

13. I've only really ever put them in the Databases here ( or on my Forum), as I feel I have too many to keep up with.

14. I have a simple 'database' for my dolls. When the sculpt was made, when I received them, the price (plus shipping), things like that. I also try to keep one for clothes and accessories.

@april - D: Can I use that sheet? I wish I had that when I started making my list! XD

15. I have a word document for this sort of thing! There's a little table with all my specific doll measurements, a couple of comparison tables, a list of potential future dolls and the all important list of what wigs/eyes/faceups my girls have. I have notepad documents all over the place, one for eyes, a shopping list for a particular site... They're just basically note snippets that make no coherant sense XD

For prices and how old it is etc, it's either in my hotmail as a reciept from the site I bought the doll from, or I go do a mock order for the exact same item.

16. Definitely a must for me! I keep all my dolls' info stored in my doll blog.

17. No, I'm not that organized and haven't really felt the need. I have some notes I keep about certain characters for use in writing fiction, but that's as close as it comes.

18. Well, my nerd is going to show here, but... Yes, I do have records for stuff like arrival dates. I also keep a record of everyone's style of dress, so I don't buy something not suited to them in a moment of selective memory loss and/or weakness :lol: I can easily remember where clothing, accessories, and wigs come from, and of course where the dolls themselves came from, but I'm thinking of starting a record of eye size/color/origin because I simply cannot remember eye information!

I am a complete nut for organization and I actually like stuff like this. Oh, well!

19. Yep, I have a table all done up with info on my dolls. I would list sizes and all, but I remember them and it's easy to look that information up if I forget so I haven't done that... but as someone who likes making lists I kind of want to now haha~

Also, my doll journal has a tag for each of my dolls, so that can be browsed by doll, too, if that counts.

20. I sure do! To keep sizes so i can make clothes and background stories and names