1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

what are your favorite type/company of Eyes?

May 18, 2007

1. I got some Candykittensemporium eyes and they look much better than my glass and acrylic ones. Haven't gotten any urethanes though.

2. I'm pretty simple, I just prefer glass eyes... No particular type, really. I like it if they're either a little more realistic or very rich and deep in color, but other than that, I don't really care. I really REALLY don't like acrylics, and urethanes are crazy expensive to me and though they look really cool, it's not big enough of a difference from what I like in glass to make it worth paying at least $40 as opposed to about $9. I'm not even that picky about size if I accidentally buy something a little small or big, as long as it's not too bad. Like I got some 16mm one time that were closer to 14mm (so 15mm?) and they looked good, but then I switched them out for another 16mm pair that were a better color but were actually a bit big, so it looked funny at first, but now I'm used to them and they look fine. I am REALLY picky about color if it's a more realistic color, but I usually find what I'm looking for sooner or later.

3. Without a doubt, Oscar Mirror Eyes have my vote.

4. Mako and dessers have wonderful quality if so I must say.
      I'm not very experienced with urethane as mako is the only company I have that are so but I'll be getting a pair of Enchanted doll eyes for one of my incoming dolls eventually so more updates then. Generally I prefer urethane and glass but have also resorted to silicone for one particular doll. Acrylics are my last resort always and only if all else fails; I generally tend to dislike them except for the animetic ones.

5. I love urethanes for the color and the detail. In years past I'd order Mystic Eyes and Enchanted Eyes... BUT... the orders often took ages--I mean 6 months or so!--and the eyes were expensive--and often it was hard to judge the colors from the sample pics...

Then more color ranges and styles were available in glass eyes, so I was buying those. I'd also go for acrylics and Souldoll eyes when the color and style were right.

I have to say that I'm really liking Mako Eyes urethanes right now. The price is great and they seem to ship--no immediately--but definitely not with a long wait. As far as I can tell, the quality is excellent (I haven't noticed any flaws, anyway!). I love the huge range of colors.

I've got a few Dollshe urethane eyes--slightly more natural colors and more detail--but more expensive than Mako and not as easy to order (I usually participate in Mako Group Orders). Nice, though.

Lots of great choices for eyes these days! I usually go for color/size/style over company, though.

6. I don't like acrylic eyes so I don't buy them.
      I really prefer glass eyes - urethane eyes are too expensive for me so no for them too. :D

7. I love Soom's silicone eyes. They're easier to fit than hard eyes, and I find them just as pretty as glass or acrylic eyes. Some people don't like how they attract dust, but that problem doesn't affect me since I don't store my dolls out in the open where they can get dusty.

8. I have been looking at quite a few doll sites, I tend to like the smaller, more in proportion eye size such as on the Iplehouse dolls. I do love Luts Clary though, trying hard to resist that cutie.