1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you actually get in a Lucky Bag?

Sep 2, 2021

1. I just bought a RingDoll lucky bag and I’m super excited to find out what I’ll get but am also hoping I won’t be disappointed.

Has anyone bought a lucky bag before? What did you get?

I mean they did disclosed that it’s random and it’s for in-stock dolls but is it a good buy?

2. No.

For me it's a huge waste of money. In there you can find what they can't sell, basically.

I remember amiami's lucky bags: people found useless (....) and there was a riot (no kidding - people found books for horse racing in there, wtf??).

3. .

#3 Gintsumi, Sep 2, 2021
      Last edited: Feb 28, 2024
    4. I bought the lucky bags from Dollheart twice, until I realized they are not really worth the money.
      The likelihood of me getting something inside that I a) like and b) have a use for is extremely slim.

Like Gintsumi said, it's more useful for people who just start out and are happy about having anything in storage at all.
      Later on it only makes sense when shit like literally anything a company produces.

5. I’ve bought lucky bags of wigs from Volks. The first time, in 2008 or 2009, I got two really cute wigs that I still use to this day. The second time, in 2014, I bought more because the first experience was good. But this time I ended up with multiples of the same ugly wig that I literally couldn’t give away to people. Lesson learned.

6. Basically lucky bags tend to be products that didn't move as much, or had minor defects and thus weren't sold for full price. They get put in these bags for a discount so that when you realize the stitching is visible on one side, or the flowers have fallen off of one piece you're not completely upset because you purchased them for a discounted price. There can be nice finds, but typically when I end up with a lucky bag it contains nothing I can use right away/its odds and ends that aren't really a complete outfit or aren't anywhere near my style.

7. I was under the impression the ringdoll bags were actual dolls. Aren't they?
      Maybe they're cancelled orders or dolls cast for conventions or something.

8. Yeah, that's what I thought, too. I was tempted to buy this particular lucky bag, but thought better of it. I didn't want to end up with a doll I disliked and then have to deal with reselling. I'm curious to see what people got though! Hoping people will post about their lucky bags~

9. For clothes, wigs, and accessories, it's probably not worth it unless you love everything the company produces.

This lucky bag for a doll though is interesting. I don't think I'd buy one from even my favorite company myself since I'm so picky, but I hope to see what you get from it! I wonder if the doll would be slightly yellowed or from a cancelled order or who knows! It's weird to see a doll lucky bag when most dolls are made to order.

10. Granado did a "Pomelo bag" a while ago that actually sounded like a pretty good deal as who ever bought one would either get limited SD size heads that were extras, or one of their mature tinies. It's not something I would order any more than a standard lucky bag, but some people were really happy with what they got.

11. I'm honestly a huge sucker for lucky bags / fukubukuro, probably because I have a mild gambling addiction!

At any rate, I've bought many that have been 'meh,' but I generally wouldn't say that I feel disappointed by their contents. For instance, my latest purchase was a Code Noir lucky bag, and I actually liked all of the stuff I got in it.

That being said, while they do tend to be "value" on paper (in terms of how much you would spend if each of the items were sold at full price), they are likely filled with stock that hasn't moved in a while. Your mileage will vary, honestly. If you are open to generally less than conventional styles/products, you will likely be pleased with what you get, but if you want something very specific, it is more likely to be a disappointing experience.

With respect to this RingDoll bag in specific though - it seems like kind of a good deal if you are really wanting to get a specific (either Grown or Teenager) body and don't care about the resin color!

#11 oyashiro, Sep 2, 2021
      Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
    12. Lucky bags can be fun if you like the thrill of being surprised, but most of the doll-related ones I've bought so far have been kind of meh, especially the Dollmore ones. Though I do still like getting lucky bags from time to time...

I guess the clothes ones can be good as a sort of starter clothes pack if you haven't quite figured out what style of clothes you like and you don't have clothes for a doll of a certain size.

I got a Dollmore and a Sadol lucky bag for a 70 cm boy I got a while back as he was my first doll of that size and I couldn't decide what kind of clothes I wanted to put him in! But somehow, both bags ended up having only monochromatic clothes, as in either black or white... I'd hoped for more colour as I know Dollmore and Sadol have clothes that aren't just black or white, but I guess what I got was the stock that didn't sell...

That said, the Sadol one was a little more worth it as the quality was definitely much better than Dollmore, plus the Sadol one included a complete outfit plus a little briefcase-style bag that seems to be made of real leather, but the entire outfit was white!! That was so disappointing as I really hoped it would have a pop of colour... The Dollmore one was mostly a collection of random tops and t-shirts (either in black or white... orz) plus a pair of white pants if I remember correctly.

I've also bought Dollheart lucky bags a long long time ago, but from what I remember I wasn't too impressed with what I got.

The best lucky bag I have got so far was a Code Noir one. It included a full and rather cute outfit plus a wig, and I think it also came with a pair of shoes, but I can't really remember clearly.

13. I’m usually very picky and have rotten luck in gacha anyway so lucky bags are hardly worth it for me in general.
      if I were to buy one from a doll company it would have to be from a company I really like or has a lot of things I like.
      A doll lucky bag sounds interesting though! Not really my thing though, since I am p picky about my dolls but, kinda hope to see what other people would get : o

14. Oh wow! I’m a bit concerned now. Horse racing book? What does that even have to do with bjds?? :lol:
      Thank you for letting me know.

I see. I am a bit of a beginner in this. I just started in June. That’s true that my style haven’t been fully established yet. I do hope that I won’t be as disappointed and can add whatever I’m getting in to my collections.

Thank you for letting me know. Yeah I’m new and in a way I bought the lucky bag just to see if it’s going to be worth it. I mean there are certain body and color that I normally won’t buy, maybe if I get something out of my comfort zone, it can open up my horizons.

Seems like these lucky bag is a hit or miss kind of thing right? I think I will be like you and everyone here that tried it and they either are meh with it or a complete lesson learned. Let’s see what my experience will be. :3nodding:

Ah so like what the others are saying, it’s just something ok for a beginner but not so much for long time collectors. That’s true that I like the discounted price. Since mine is a doll lucky bag, if I don’t get the sculpt I like, I can use the body for a different sculpt. Well I will find out in ten days. :)

Me too! I hope they’re actual dolls. They did disclosed that it is because when I put the order for it I had to chose the body type and male or female dolls. I will get it in 10 days so yeah I’m keeping my fingers crossed!

I will find out in 10 days. But I definitely see what you mean. It’s tempting to buy when you can get it at a discounted price. I’m looking on the bright side and if I get a sculpt that I don’t like, I’m going to use the body for a different sculpt. The body alone is the majority of the price.

Right?! I’m very curious too! I have two dolls from RingDoll and I’m very happy with them. I also like 90% of their products. So with that said, I hope I won’t get that 10% I don’t like. :lol:
      We shall see in 10 day’s time.

So definitely a hit or miss kind of deal yeah? They did say “Try your luck?”. Well we will find out soon. I hope I won’t be disappointed. ;)

15. What I found interesting about the ringdoll thing is they only seem to have 4 teen dolls anyway, 2 boys and 2 girls so does that mean you basically have a 50/50 chance there? lol. Or is it discontinued sculpts?

16. More like, what do they have to do with anime stuff.

The inner workings of lucky bags are always the same: getting rid of what shops have in storage, doesn't matter if it's anime or bjd stuff.

17. Thank you for the reassurance! It is a “lucky bag” so having expectations like you’re buying a doll you really really want shouldn’t be expected right?
      With what you said, I’m not as nervous anymore. I would say I need this experience to cross out the lucky bag on my list and find out for myself if it’s worth it or just a waste of money. We shall see in ten days. ;)

Thank you. You made me feel a bit better about my purchase. I am excited to see what I will get. I do like most of RingDoll’s stuff and style. Also it seemed like lucky bags are limited to certain quantities so I’m hoping I get lucky and get something I will like. If not, I can always use the body for another sculpt. :XD:

That’s what I’m afraid of too! I hope my luck for this one will be good! Right? Sounds interesting and that’s what reeled me in. :lol:
      I wouldn’t say I’m not picky because I tend to only buy what calls out to me and I’d have to absolutely love or want the dolls before I make my purchase. With RingDoll, I think I’m testing them to see if they will disappoint me or not. I mean they are one of my favorite company and I already own two of there dolls and I’m very happy with them.
      We shall see soon what I get.

I hope whatever they have left won’t disappoint me. I mean I’m new to this hobby and my first doll is from RingDoll and I know it’s made to order. I also know of the long waiting period for them but I ordered Ashford and he came in pretty quick, about one month, so I’m wondering if they make a few dolls ahead of time to have in stock and to shipped out fast? And these are dolls that doesn’t sell as quickly or because they made too much of?

18. I have bought lucky bags from rRabit, Mint on Card, Rusted Couture, TTYA, Dollmore and seems like more that I can't remember at the time. I think they're good for beginners that have nothing, but also for people with a crew who have a variety of styles, so most anything is useful. In the cases I got stuff I couldn't use, I was able to sell things and make up anything I lost, so I still feel like they were worth it.

19. I’m hoping to get something good. A discontinued sculpt would be nice so that will mean I will get something limited. But I’m not sure what I will get. All I know is I chose male grown dolls. I will update when I get it. ;)

Thank you for letting me know. Makes me feel a bit at ease. I am a beginner so I want to add to my collection and maybe expand my styles and preferences if I get something I normally won’t buy. ;)

20. Dolls are a bit too pricy for me to do a lucky bag for... If you super like a company though, it might be worth it. I'd consider doing that for BJDCrobi though..