1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you like most about BJDs?

Jun 7, 2009

?
  1. The look of them

2. the ability to customise them

3. the way they pose so well

4. something else

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. The creativity! I love how you can customize them and make each doll you own yours, and different from all others of the same mold.

Of course, BJDs aren't the only dolls to bring those opportunities to their owners. I collected Pullips before. But, in the end, BJDs won over them because of their size and the variety in sculpts. With Pullips, you either like that month's release and buy it... or you don't buy anything. With BJDs, it's more realistic -- just as there's lots of face shapes and types, you have loads of sculpts to pick from. I love that! And their size makes sewing for them way easier.

2. For me it's how poseable and Real they look. They're so beautiful, and so expressive as human likenesses.

3. I love them too for the customization factor. My love for other toys that let me swap out heads and other parts (pinky:st/nendoroids) BJD's are just as fun, though I don't customize them the same.
      Painting goes more with BJD while with my other collections I mod a character to look like a whole nother character. :3

4. Customization, definetely. A doll isn't really 'mine' until I've done something ridiculous to it. Wiped a limited face up, modded my very first hunk of resin, things like that. For the ridiculous-ness to come, I'm thinking of modding my Heliot and well, the other one is going to be ridiculous enough as it is.

I'm way adventurous with modding though. Eventually I'll need Euclase hawk legs to dye black and a Vesuvia tail for my girlfriend to hack off the girl body and attach to her reaper king. Mhm, I hope epoxy smells good. xD

They really aren't mine until I do something to them though. With my Kalix, I was having issues bonding when he was default. Even in new wig and eyes, he still wasn't mine. The face makes it or breaks it for me, and the default face-up made him blend in with the rest of the Kalix crowd. So out came the Magic Eraser, off came the faceup, on went a new one. I'm so much happier with him now.

5. I was thinking about how generic this hobby would be it would be if we couldn't customize them. :/

So yeah.. I think the most beautiful thing about these dolls are the fact these dolls can be customized and be so diverse.

6. How they look. There are a lot of other dolls out there that are very customizable, but none as beautiful.

7. I love how you can customise them to what you want and the pose-ability of them.

8. Personally, I love the way they look, as well as the ability to customize. Each doll has it's own personality, and they all look so beautiful. ^^

9. I like the way you can take the wigs and style them and choose the color of their eyes. I also like the fact you can paint whatever face you want on them. But I love the idea of taking a fantasy character I've read about and creating him/her in doll forum.

10. I chose customization because that's the main aspect for me, but really it's everything about these dolls ^ ^ Unlike most other dolls that have this bland "sameness" to them, BJDs are all so different. I love getting on DoA or DA and seeing what people are doing with their dolls. Your dolls can be anything you want them to be. When I talk about being able to customize BJDs with non-doll people, they think I mean eyes, wig, and clothes, but there's so much more you can do with them. The sky's the limit with these dolls :)
      And I love how the hobby doesn't just stop at customization. You can take photos of your doll, make photostories, write with them, or just play around. The community side to the hobby also makes it very interesting. There are all kinds of different people who are in to BJDs; moms, teachers, guys who like customization, artists who've discovered this wonderful canvas... And they all get together to share their dolls and talk about them ^ ^
      I could go on and on, but those are pretty much the basics from me~

11. I love how customisable they are!

12. I love the other all look of them.They always so elegant and fragile.
      I also find it very cool how customizable they are.

13. I chose customization because you can make them into your own image. With customization you can change their characters to suit their every moods, even yours! I think it give people the chance to express their talent, creativity, and senses of art and stlye. It also gives people something to do over their spare time. There are countless ways in customization for each doll, and I think it's very special. It's like a piece of happiness! A tiny piece of heaven :'D

14. I love how refined and elegant dolls are. It is great that they pose (which is also why I want one, so I can take pictures :) ), and how you can customise them, but really it is how beautiful they look :D I always think, 'If I had a child I would want them to be this stunning!" or "I wish everyone was this beautiful!" :)

15. sure Looking at them, and poseing them is fun. but i like just taking my boys everywher with me. people askin about them. and showing them off. and tey are good company when your reading, or sewing, or knitting

16. I love everything about them. I really like the creativity you can put into your doll.

17. I love the look ^^
      They're like nothing I've seen before and really are angels to me :3
      they seem like.. celestial xD and even though I could be right in front of one, it seems like it's in a different world completely o: like so perfect and untouchable x3
      sorry for over-use of the word like lol

18. I went with 'other', since while all of the listed options definitely have their place in my interest, it's something a little more than really catches my attention and has held it: they are just a great outlet for creativity in a whole variety of ways, and make for excellent inspiration when the workday art starts feeling too much like the job it is.

19. Everything! ;D <3

20. I like how pretty they are, but their primary appeal to me is the customization. I love the fact that you can make them all yours and they'll wear whatever you put on them. I like how you can give them a little personality and story, and people will not treat you like a loon. I love how they have nice forms and will hold poses for you while you draw or photograph them.
      I also really like them because I really enjoyed the manga Angelic Layer. Had I known BJDs existed when I got into the comic I probably would have freaked out and bought a ton, because I still had a full-time job back then. T_T