1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you like most about BJDs?

Jun 7, 2009

?
  1. The look of them

2. the ability to customise them

3. the way they pose so well

4. something else

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Customization and poseability.

I love how versatile these dolls are. If I get bored of one look, I change the eyes and wigs and have fun with a different look!

And I swear, ever since I got my first Barbie as a kid, I always wanted a doll that could stand and pose well.

2. i like the way you can turn them into anyone or anything you want

3. I think that what makes the dolls so special is that we can customize them. Two iplehouse Tatiana for exemple can be very different. The doll change with you. First she was a gentle girl, but then you can transform it in bad vampire.
      I find this fascinating!
      What I love especially is when I see a doll and I think "how awful she is!" and then I see the doll customised and I want the doll!!
      (sorry for my english^^ I shure there is many mistakes because it sounds not very english)

4. Their ability to be whoever you want them to be and the company that they provide for those lonely days.

5. I do love their looks, but also, the fact that a doll can be completely different from another doll with the same mold! It's like every BJD can be unique, if her/his owner decides so.

6. How amazingly beautiful they are. They're like little resin hunks of inspiration. I love how you can make a doll anything you want it to be, whether it's a special character or something you just want to look a certain way. Then if you don't like it you can always change it.

7. I took the poll and was torn between 'customize' and 'look' but finally went with 'customize' since that can affect the look ^^. I guess it's the most popular choice as well. ^^

I've always collected dolls (Mainly Barbie) and some character dolls, but was most of the time disappointed how the 'official' dolls of anime/animation characters didn't look at all like the actual characters. After some years, in 1997/98, I discovered Volks Dollfie and then Obitsu, I was just in doll heaven!! Imagine! Finally creating dolls that actually LOOKED exactly like the characters I've always loved. I went doll crazy!!!

Then, in 2005, I found out about Dollfie Dream and BJD and just went even more crazy customizing and making 'ultra dolls' of the characters and people/stars I like.

So I guess the look combined with the customization factor is what I adore about the BJD. ^^

8. I love the look of them. Everything else is an added bonus, but just how soft, delicate and refined they look is so wonderfully appealing to me to have around and see every day. Dolls in general aren't that interesting to me because they tend to look so lifeless, but BJDs really do look like they're breathing at times.

9. I would choose the 5th choice: All of the above. But what I like most is the customizing. I really like changing the wigs the most.

10. I LOVE EVERYTHING! especially the part when i get to give someone a 30 minute lecture on how they arent barbies! lol.

11. what i love most is the ability to suddenly have my original characters right in front of me. as mini resin versions:3nodding:

12. Exactly what Hatsya said. I finally found the perfect doll for one of my OCs, and it's awesome. x.x
      I've been doing it wrong the past few years apparently. XD;

13. Yep. I love everything they make life more interesting :)

14. Something else.
      I definitely like having an OC in resin form. It has helped me so much in order to develop their character and write and draw about them. If there had been an "all of the above" choice, I would have chosen that, though. I'm always struck at how beautiful these dolls are, and the customization ability is what allows us to make them into our own characters. Posing is also important, 'cause who can resist hugging these resin beauties? :D

15. For me, it really is a mixture of all the categories, and since there's no "all of the above" category, I selected "something else". I like their beauty, the variety of poses they're capable of, and of course customization. There's just so much you can do with them creatively. I also believe there's an emotional aspect to them (not necessarily connected to creativity). They're not just possessions to me; I've bonded with them. They seem to be a reflection and/or extension of ideas, ideals, and imagination.

16. There's a whole bunch of things that I like about them from what I know, their ability to pose appeals to me a lot, seeing as I do a lot of photography (but by no means would call myself that good at it xD), as well as their realism, and how delicate they appear. I figure they'd take really good pictures, which appeals to me a lot, and then their ability to be customized definitely factors in. I chose 'something else' because there's so many things that I like and that's only from pictures and descriptions and stuff people have said, I'm sure I'll find even more to love once I've got enough money to actually buy one. d('-'d)

17. i jusr like to play with them and make differens photos :)

18. I think for me, it might be their size in combination with realistic, mature sculpts. ^_^

I have had other jointed dolls, and many, many other kinds of dolls...but I always wanted something bigger! (Yes, all my dolls are SDs) I was thrilled to find that BJDs came in sizes that would fill my arms, but without requiring baby bonnets and bloomers. ^_~
      Of course, this isn't to say that I don't cherish their beauty, posability, and customization. It's a total package with BJDs really. It makes them so easy to love!

19. What do I like most about them??

They're so freaking gorgeous!!!!
      XD But I absolutely love how life-like they are. It's like having a little friend ^^

20. i love eveything about them... the way they look and the fact i can do what ever i want